TESTERS WANTED! ×

PGA Championship

Shankster
Message added by STUDque

For those wanting to review their picks for #SpyStaffSlam, head on over to the tracking Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw/edit?usp=sharing

I’m always going for Rory, Brooks or Rickie.

Watching PGAC TV feed today and I had forgotten how gorgeous Bethpage is! I love that place to watch and to play.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My hole by hole tour next Sunday playing from the tips should cure that. Under over is currently the 11th before I quit the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

It's crazy how well Koepka plays in majors. It's like he only turns it in when he's defending a title. I know that's not the case because he's a competitive guy by nature, but how does this guy not just win every tournament major or non-major?

It's nice to see someone who is competitive and not trying to be homies with the rest of the tour guys though!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dude I had that same thought when I was watching a bit of it this morning. The guy is just ice cold. I listened to his interview on the Foreplay Golf podcast and I'm becoming more of a fan. He definitely has his on course persona, but it works for him and the results are kinda obvious at this point!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I’m definitely in the likes BK crowd. Guy had some serious game.

When he switched to Nike and they had that that bullpen of superstars is when I became a fan.

Too bad he isn’t a little more well liked, it’s odd... he has potential to be the modern day Arnie. I don’t know why he doesn’t have the “Athletic Kids” following him around. By that I mean the multi sport athletes. Him and Gary Woodland are becoming two of my favorites.

Plus he plays that wonderous fade... pretty much on every shot. Like me some faders....

Personally, I like it, but I think the biggest knock on BK is he comes across as the arrogant jock.  Saw a recent example on IG when he was talking about his chances of winning this weekend about 1/2 the field not even being able to compete, then half of that, bla bla bla.  People there were cocky this, cocky that, he's only won 4 tournaments, etc...  I don't view it as arrogance as much as confidence.  I know there's a fine line there arrogance and confidence, but the dude walked into this weekend fully expecting to win.  Plus, he'll throw smack right back to the commentators and I find it entertaining.  He may be a stiff on the course, but he's got plenty of character off of it.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

12 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I’m definitely in the likes BK crowd. Guy had some serious game.

When he switched to Nike and they had that that bullpen of superstars is when I became a fan.

Too bad he isn’t a little more well liked, it’s odd... he has potential to be the modern day Arnie. I don’t know why he doesn’t have the “Athletic Kids” following him around. By that I mean the multi sport athletes. Him and Gary Woodland are becoming two of my favorites.

Plus he plays that wonderous fade... pretty much on every shot. Like me some faders....

I feel like he's coming out of his shell somewhat and he addressed that in the podcast. He talked about something to the effect of feeling like he had to have a resume to back up any comments he made, which is smart if you ask me. It'll be fun to see if he can keep it up the remaining 3 days because he made the course look like a pitch and putt today. 

Tuned in for a PGA Championship and got a US Open instead.

As of right now there are only 14 players under par... that’s nuts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

IMG_5479.JPG

Haha!!!

That is fantastic, haha!

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

As of right now there are only 14 players under par... that’s nuts.

Is it?  Listening to a handful of players being interviewed the past few days, when asked what they thought would be Sunday's winning score, most said single digit red numbers.  Sounds like they know BPB is stingy - particularly with less than optimal weather/ conditions.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Round 1 recap...

BK is good at golf. Really good.

Tommy Fleetwood thinks it’s Le Golf National....

Frankie is doing the Noren techie stuff and it isn’t working.

Tiger shouldn’t have skipped practice.

The Ryder Cup in 2024 will be amazing, but I am putting my money on the Europeans.

There were a lot of lay ups on the par 4’s...

There are only 16 players under par after round 1.

Worst round was +14

Turns out Big Cat skipped practice cause he was under the weather.

Round 1 recap...

The Ryder Cup in 2024 will be amazing, but I am putting my money on the Europeans.

Worst round was +14

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

IMG_5479.JPG.6aa8085466df5a9b030818a425a3e24d.JPG

Haha!!!

Chamblee can't even get the amount of time it took them play correct...it was just over 5 hours.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

11 hours ago, Shankster said:

Round 1 recap...

Worst round was +14

Good recap.  I'd like to add one to the list: 

More PGA Main Tour courses should model BPB.  It's nice seeing them have to manage the game like we do. Layup on par 4's... oh, the horror of it all! 😂

P.S. I still think Woods is playing the rope-a-dope gig.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Good recap.  I'd like to add one to the list: 
More PGA Main Tour courses should model BPB.  It's nice seeing them have to manage the game like we do. Layup on par 4's... oh, the horror of it all! 
P.S. I still think Woods is playing the rope-a-dope gig.

If they grew the rough up just a little on some of the regular stops it would make things more interesting, that’s for sure.

I wish the wind was up a little more, it would be even more fun to watch.

If Tiger is doing the rope a dope thing he will have to go at least -4 today. Could be a sweet Rumble in the Urban jungle.

Rory's opening 3 holes Friday morning have everyone's free driver hopes   m
                                                                                                                                       e
                                                                                                                                          l
                                                                                                                                            t
                                                                                                                                              i
                                                                                                                                                n
                                                                                                                                                  g  
 away...

I don't like wishing ill on any professional player, but this back nine for Danny Lee is going to be morbidly entertaining. There's no way he's going to miss the cut... or is he?

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

18 hours ago, Smellis745 said:

Personally, I like it, but I think the biggest knock on BK is he comes across as the arrogant jock.  Saw a recent example on IG when he was talking about his chances of winning this weekend about 1/2 the field not even being able to compete, then half of that, bla bla bla.  People there were cocky this, cocky that, he's only won 4 tournaments, etc...  I don't view it as arrogance as much as confidence.  I know there's a fine line there arrogance and confidence, but the dude walked into this weekend fully expecting to win.  Plus, he'll throw smack right back to the commentators and I find it entertaining.  He may be a stiff on the course, but he's got plenty of character off of it.

I think part of it for him is that he's willing to speak his mind. All those guys at the top know that 80 guys in the field don't stand a chance, but the Spieths and Fowlers have to go out there and talk about how every week every guy has a chance. It's all about appearance. I think Brooks is accepting that he's the counter culture for golfers now. As guys like Bryson and his science experiments cause more people to think about every shot and swing scientifically Brooks is out there talking about how he doesn't think about anything he just lets his caddie tell him where to hit it and he hits it there. 

The Brooks hate is a joke. I can only assume the guys that don't like Brooks don't like guys that don't conform to their ideals of a superstar. Probably the same people that hated Ken Griffey Jr. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

19 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Dude I had that same thought when I was watching a bit of it this morning. The guy is just ice cold. I listened to his interview on the Foreplay Golf podcast and I'm becoming more of a fan. He definitely has his on course persona, but it works for him and the results are kinda obvious at this point!

His Pardon My Take interview was even better. Definitely worth a listen.

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

After another bogey start, DJ looking pretty good.

and the live streaming has been working so far this AM.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

40 minutes ago, 31mattyoung said:

This happened all day yesterday. Its a terrible live stream, really disappointed. Im hoping today is much better.

I've watched/listened for the past two days without issue.  Too many commercials on the app but not much more than I experienced on TNT last night.  It would be better if each "featured group" followed two groups rather than just one.  Other than that, the stream has been flawless.

Did they really just show us John Rahm watering a tree while DJ was waiting to hit?

Edited by M. Parsons
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

What? A? Berger?

Whoa.

How about the day Fitzpatrick is having

Dumb comment alert!

Justin Leonard just said that “Brooks Koepka will be feeling things he’s never felt before today.”

Oops just shows that even a fairly bright, articulate guy will say something stupid if you let him talk long enough.

Koepka may not win, he may have a bad round but he has been in or around the lead for the last 234 holes of US Open and PGA tournament golf.

I think he knows exactly how he’s going to “feel” and embraces it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD