Shankster

PGA Championship

GolfSpy STUDque

For those wanting to review their picks for #SpyStaffSlam, head on over to the tracking Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw/edit?usp=sharing

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

BK can play last 2 holes in +1 and still shoot lowest 36 hole score in 159 years of Major Championship golf

Talk about raising ones game to another level... wow!  Nice seeing Speith in the mix. As much as I'd like BK to do the "are you kidding me" again, I like another Grand Slammer.  Also hoping HV3, Fowler, and Phil the Thrill make a run at the leader.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

It's ready.  For those wanting to review their picks for #SpyStaffSlam, head on over to the tracking Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw/edit?usp=sharing

Those who chose Brooks are in good shape, but he was the single-most chosen player in the pool so you've got a lot of competition. Carry on!

My whole squad made the cut (1, T-2, 19, T-47, T-47)!!!

This is truly unprecedented for me... and the Universe will most likely take cruel notice of this prairie-dogging post.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Kanoito said:

There goes my pick. Thanks @Kenny B 😄

hahaha

I knew I should have asked people for money to NOT pick Tiger!!!  Who should I NOT pick for the US Open?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess the PGA isn’t cool enough for Tiger to show up.

Wonder if he will play more between now and the US Open?

I’d think Pebble would be a little more user friendly?

I’ve actually played both courses but to be fair in the 1970’s. Pebble on a normal day was so much easier than Bethpage as to be beyond belief - but throw in some wind and tightened fairways and it’s another story.

Bethpage Black is about long and straight off the tee. Pebble will be about approach shots - neither will be much about putting other than getting the speed right.

Did anyone else notice how average Tiger’s ball speed was today? He was 10 plus mph off of Brooks or Adam Scott.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

So is Brooksemoji16.png. Gotta hate autocorrect sometimes.

Actually it was purposeful. Some announcer called him Bruce at the Masters I believe. 

• Like 2

Actually it was purposeful. Some announcer called him Bruce at the Masters I believe. 

It wasn’t Chamblee?
I didn’t know that, I think everyone knows his name now.

• Like 2

It's ready.  For those wanting to review their picks for #SpyStaffSlam, head on over to the tracking Sheet:

Those who chose Brooks are in good shape, but he was the single-most chosen player in the pool so you've got a lot of competition.  Carry on!
Wooohooo! It says I'm leading right now!!!

(Yeah, I know it's alphabetical. Still, it's the only way I'm going to lead in this competition. Bleepin' Ian Poulter.)

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My whole squad made the cut (1, T-2, 19, T-47, T-47)!!!
This is truly unprecedented for me... and the Universe will most likely take cruel notice of this prairie-dogging post.
I can't BELIEVE you actually typed that! Talk about the kiss-of-death. I'd walk around in a hard hat the next couple of days, were I you.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Dumb comment alert!

Justin Leonard just said that “Brooks Koepka will be feeling things he’s never felt before today.”

Oops just shows that even a fairly bright, articulate guy will say something stupid if you let him talk long enough.

Koepka may not win, he may have a bad round but he has been in or around the lead for the last 234 holes of US Open and PGA tournament golf.

I think he knows exactly how he’s going to “feel” and embraces it.

Leonard just doubled down saying BK’s nerves will force him to change his on-course mentality given he still has 36 holes remaining

• Like 3

Leonard just doubled down saying BK’s nerves will force him to change his on-course mentality given he still has 36 holes remaining

The only thing that could stop BK is if someone stole his clubs. But even then I think he could foot wedge his way to victory.
  • Like 5

Amazing - what could cause him to say that? Jealousy?

• Like 5

These GC guys are morons...One just said, Brooks might shoot a 74 today and Jordan has a 65 in them.  What on earth have they been watching the past two days.

• Like 7

Guess Rahm just had to go.

IMG_1658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

yesterday I said something on Twitter about the Media overplaying the narrative of Brooks not getting respect.  But comments like that are either meant to draw attention...(well I guess it worked, via this post) or just plain agenda filled.

• Like 2

Just now, Jmikecpa said:

Guess Rahm just had to go.

IMG_1658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The video of that on twitter was hilarious, you see him running over there, and DJ looking over his shoulder like...WTF and the caddies just looking away.  The announcers were talking about DJ's shot coming up then just silence and then the camera panned away....funny stuff!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

It wasn’t Chamblee?emoji16.png
I didn’t know that, I think everyone knows his name now.

That would have been incredible if it was. It was Verne at the Masters and while he did correct himself right away it became a Twitter thing. https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/cbs-announcer-makes-embarrassing-mistake-with-brooks-koepka

• Like 2

The Nike hats for this tournament are hideous.

• Like 4

Amazing - what could cause him to say that? Jealousy?

Sort of seems like a little bit of jealousy. Could also be a bit of JL trying to be like Brandel by having a controversial “hot-take.”

Either way, it’s not a good look!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Shankster said:

The Nike hats for this tournament are hideous.

Agreed. 

• Like 3

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but Koepka is playing like Tiger did in his 20's.

• Like 2