TESTERS WANTED! ×

PGA Championship

Shankster
Message added by STUDque

For those wanting to review their picks for #SpyStaffSlam, head on over to the tracking Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw/edit?usp=sharing

12 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Golf Digest has a hole by hole tour on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Sure does....😮

Thanks, fellas! I'm laughing at how damn long this course is. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the pros navigate it with the nonsense weather. 

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

18 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Golf Digest has a hole by hole tour on YouTube.

Thanks, that was a great video.

Driver: :ping-small: G with Alta 55 stiff shaft, the 9° version but adjusted to 10° degrees

3 Wood: :callaway-small: XR Project X 6.0 stiff shaft 

3 Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR Project X 6.0 stiff shaft 

Irons: :cobra-small: Fly-Z 4-9 with stock stiff steel shafts

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM5 46°, 50°, 54°, and 58° Dynamic Gold steel shafts

Putter: Testing :odyssey-small: EXO 7S 34" Standard Lie, Black Shaft, Odyssey SuperStroke Mid-Slim 2.0 grip

#SpystaffSlam: 2019 PGA Championship

As with all the Majors, I am just pulling for an epic Sunday Showdown with a great story line. If Ricky could get his first that would be great... or if Jordan pulls a rabbit out of his UA hat and somehow beats Rory and Phil to Slam... If Brooks v. Tiger continue their new rivalry on Sunday.... wooooo dawgie

LETS GOOO! Cannot Wait!!!!

Thanks, fellas! I'm laughing at how damn long this course is. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the pros navigate it with the nonsense weather. 

Don’t use 2002 or 2009 as the barometer for the winning score. The PGA isn’t as devious as the USGA when it comes to setting up courses. They’ll be responsible and give the players a fair course considering the weather.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

The President has a stunt double!  

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

7 hours ago, revrex said:

DJ can win it too. Kinda flying in under the radar even as world #1

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I haven't looked at OWGR of late...actually a bit surprised to see him at #1. If he can keep his drives on the short grass, he is always a factor on these long course venues.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I'm looking forward to seeing the elite tested with colder weather, thick rough and long holes.

I get bored watching someone spray a drive 20yds offline then stick a 9 iron on the green.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

13 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the elite tested with colder weather, thick rough and long holes.

I get bored watching someone spray a drive 20yds offline then stick a 9 iron on the green.

Agreed!  I don't understand all the vitriol surrounding the move to May and playing in the northeast in questionable weather.  Golf is an outdoor sport meant to be played in the elements. 

Looking forward to seeing how these guys handle wet, damp and cool conditions.  I think the straighter drivers of the golf ball are going to have a distinct advantage but length will play a factor as well.  Bethpage is going to play LONG!

Agreed!  I don't understand all the vitriol surrounding the move to May and playing in the northeast in questionable weather.  Golf is an outdoor sport meant to be played in the elements. 
Looking forward to seeing how these guys handle wet, damp and cool conditions.  I think the straighter drivers of the golf ball are going to have a distinct advantage but length will play a factor as well.  Bethpage is going to play LONG!

Accurate drives will be a must. As we saw at the Ryder Cup, it seems the EuropeanTour fellers have this down pat.

24 hrs.

Morning Drive did a segment a few minutes ago comparing two players of similar style asking the question, which has the advantage this week?  One of the groupings was Jason Day and Justin Thomas.  I know MD has tapered off in recent years but they do realize JT withdrew a couple of days ago, right?

Don’t use 2002 or 2009 as the barometer for the winning score. The PGA isn’t as devious as the USGA when it comes to setting up courses. They’ll be responsible and give the players a fair course considering the weather.

From what I have heard the setup is closer to the US Open than a normal PGA. I think they will push a few tees forward but don’t think you will see anyone going really low this week. My club is ten minutes away and our rough that normally is not bad is brutal right now so I can’t even imagine what it is like at Bethpage. The rough there is nasty year round.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

From what I have heard the setup is closer to the US Open than a normal PGA. I think they will push a few tees forward but don’t think you will see anyone going really low this week. My club is ten minutes away and our rough that normally is not bad is brutal right now so I can’t even imagine what it is like at Bethpage. The rough there is nasty year round.

I hear ya. I’m sure they’re getting feedback from players today and will adjust accordingly. The forecast says occasional rain and highs in the mid 60’s. I hope they aren’t as devious as the USGA and give the players a fair test.

Are you going at all this week?
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I hear ya. I’m sure they’re getting feedback from players today and will adjust accordingly. The forecast says occasional rain and highs in the mid 60’s. I hope they aren’t as devious as the USGA and give the players a fair test.

Are you going at all this week?

I am going for a few hours tomorrow. Got tickets in one of the pavilions and a parking pass onsite. Going to spend my weekend playing golf rather than watching golf.

WITB 2024

I played at my club this afternoon and the rough was let’s just say healthy. I can’t imagine what it is like at Bethpage right now. Our rough is mostly fescue which grows in not nearly as thick as other grasses I have played and we are at 3 inches and thick. Driver was set to fairway finder mode today which is not an option on a 7,500 yard track.

WITB 2024

Tiger skipped the practice round today....

Only played 9 holes.

I hope there isn’t a back/neck issue after all. It’s been fun having the large cat back.

🤞🏼

Someone on a radio show I was listening to earlier today said Tiger was at another course on Long Island practicing in private. Not sure if it’s true but wouldn’t surprise me if it were.

Someone on a radio show I was listening to earlier today said Tiger was at another course on Long Island practicing in private. Not sure if it’s true but wouldn’t surprise me if it were.

Heard he was at Glen Oaks hitting balls today. Would not read anything into him not playing today, it is a brutal course to walk once let alone four straight days.

WITB 2024

Pin placements for the first round.

IMG_1653.jpg

WITB 2024

I think the only odd part was that Joey was reportedly hanging around Bethpage in case Big Cat showed up. But yeah I don't think there's anything to worry about with him. It's going to be a cool, wet, windy week on a brutally long golf course and even moreso for a 43 year old with a fused back so more rest is probably a good thing. He's played 27 holes between this week and last week, plus he's got pretty good history at this track so I don't see why some folks got the alarm bells ringing.

Heard he was at Glen Oaks hitting balls today. Would not read anything into him not playing today, it is a brutal course to walk once let alone four straight days.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

1 hole played and I should've picked BK

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

This featured group coverage is EXCRUCIATING!!!!!

• 3-4 minute long commercials
  • must switch 'channels' between the two featured groups
  • cannot switch channels during the long commercials
  • 15 second ad every time you switch channels.

Somebody at the PGA championship needs to call the Masters or PGA Tour Live and get some hints on how to do some live streaming.

**UPDATE**
The live stream keeps crashing, and a black screen with 'currently off air' comes on the featured group coverage for a few minutes at a time. Aweful.

**UPDATE 2**
The mobile app isnt any better.

Edited by 31mattyoung
update

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

This is like watching paint dry.

Certainly isn't the greatest coverage. Would love to see them jump around a bit. Like this group, but would love to see others along the way. 

Have to go to work in a hour so definitely not going to feel as though I'm missing out 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Someone want to tell this announcer that a "near miss" is actually a make when speaking golf.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

...not sure about BK's look today...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

...not sure about BK's look today...

Agree  -  same with the masters.  I'm not sure if it's him trying to work in design on these hats or what - but nevertheless, it's not a good look.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

another reason pros are much better than we think...

BK driving accuracy is 63% and that's only good for 88th on tour.... 😮

Capture.JPG

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C