Shankster

PGA Championship

GolfSpy STUDque

For those wanting to review their picks for #SpyStaffSlam, head on over to the tracking Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw/edit?usp=sharing

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

12 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Golf Digest has a hole by hole tour on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Sure does....😮

Thanks, fellas! I'm laughing at how damn long this course is. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the pros navigate it with the nonsense weather. 

• Like 1

#SpystaffSlam: 2019 PGA Championship

As with all the Majors, I am just pulling for an epic Sunday Showdown with a great story line. If Ricky could get his first that would be great... or if Jordan pulls a rabbit out of his UA hat and somehow beats Rory and Phil to Slam... If Brooks v. Tiger continue their new rivalry on Sunday.... wooooo dawgie

LETS GOOO! Cannot Wait!!!!

Thanks, fellas! I'm laughing at how damn long this course is. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the pros navigate it with the nonsense weather. 

Don’t use 2002 or 2009 as the barometer for the winning score. The PGA isn’t as devious as the USGA when it comes to setting up courses. They’ll be responsible and give the players a fair course considering the weather.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, revrex said:

DJ can win it too. Kinda flying in under the radar even as world #1

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I haven't looked at OWGR of late...actually a bit surprised to see him at #1. If he can keep his drives on the short grass, he is always a factor on these long course venues.

I bet we get one of the “how the heck did he win this” guys this year. I don’t have any feelings like it is going to be a special one like the Masters. Feels like it’s going to slow and high scoring.

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to seeing the elite tested with colder weather, thick rough and long holes.

I get bored watching someone spray a drive 20yds offline then stick a 9 iron on the green.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the elite tested with colder weather, thick rough and long holes.

I get bored watching someone spray a drive 20yds offline then stick a 9 iron on the green.

Agreed!  I don't understand all the vitriol surrounding the move to May and playing in the northeast in questionable weather.  Golf is an outdoor sport meant to be played in the elements. 

Looking forward to seeing how these guys handle wet, damp and cool conditions.  I think the straighter drivers of the golf ball are going to have a distinct advantage but length will play a factor as well.  Bethpage is going to play LONG!

• Like 4

Agreed!  I don't understand all the vitriol surrounding the move to May and playing in the northeast in questionable weather.  Golf is an outdoor sport meant to be played in the elements. 
Looking forward to seeing how these guys handle wet, damp and cool conditions.  I think the straighter drivers of the golf ball are going to have a distinct advantage but length will play a factor as well.  Bethpage is going to play LONG!

Accurate drives will be a must. As we saw at the Ryder Cup, it seems the EuropeanTour fellers have this down pat.

24 hrs.
  • Like 3

Morning Drive did a segment a few minutes ago comparing two players of similar style asking the question, which has the advantage this week?  One of the groupings was Jason Day and Justin Thomas.  I know MD has tapered off in recent years but they do realize JT withdrew a couple of days ago, right?

• Like 3

Don’t use 2002 or 2009 as the barometer for the winning score. The PGA isn’t as devious as the USGA when it comes to setting up courses. They’ll be responsible and give the players a fair course considering the weather.

From what I have heard the setup is closer to the US Open than a normal PGA. I think they will push a few tees forward but don’t think you will see anyone going really low this week. My club is ten minutes away and our rough that normally is not bad is brutal right now so I can’t even imagine what it is like at Bethpage. The rough there is nasty year round.

• Like 4

From what I have heard the setup is closer to the US Open than a normal PGA. I think they will push a few tees forward but don’t think you will see anyone going really low this week. My club is ten minutes away and our rough that normally is not bad is brutal right now so I can’t even imagine what it is like at Bethpage. The rough there is nasty year round.

I hear ya. I’m sure they’re getting feedback from players today and will adjust accordingly. The forecast says occasional rain and highs in the mid 60’s. I hope they aren’t as devious as the USGA and give the players a fair test.

Are you going at all this week?
  • Like 1

Tiger skipped the practice round today....

Only played 9 holes.

I hope there isn’t a back/neck issue after all. It’s been fun having the large cat back.

🤞🏼

• Like 3

I hear ya. I’m sure they’re getting feedback from players today and will adjust accordingly. The forecast says occasional rain and highs in the mid 60’s. I hope they aren’t as devious as the USGA and give the players a fair test.

Are you going at all this week?

I am going for a few hours tomorrow. Got tickets in one of the pavilions and a parking pass onsite. Going to spend my weekend playing golf rather than watching golf.

• Like 3

I played at my club this afternoon and the rough was let’s just say healthy. I can’t imagine what it is like at Bethpage right now. Our rough is mostly fescue which grows in not nearly as thick as other grasses I have played and we are at 3 inches and thick. Driver was set to fairway finder mode today which is not an option on a 7,500 yard track.

• Like 1

Tiger skipped the practice round today....

Only played 9 holes.

I hope there isn’t a back/neck issue after all. It’s been fun having the large cat back.

🤞🏼

Someone on a radio show I was listening to earlier today said Tiger was at another course on Long Island practicing in private. Not sure if it’s true but wouldn’t surprise me if it were.

• Like 3

Someone on a radio show I was listening to earlier today said Tiger was at another course on Long Island practicing in private. Not sure if it’s true but wouldn’t surprise me if it were.

Heard he was at Glen Oaks hitting balls today. Would not read anything into him not playing today, it is a brutal course to walk once let alone four straight days.

• Like 2

I think the only odd part was that Joey was reportedly hanging around Bethpage in case Big Cat showed up. But yeah I don't think there's anything to worry about with him. It's going to be a cool, wet, windy week on a brutally long golf course and even moreso for a 43 year old with a fused back so more rest is probably a good thing. He's played 27 holes between this week and last week, plus he's got pretty good history at this track so I don't see why some folks got the alarm bells ringing.

Heard he was at Glen Oaks hitting balls today. Would not read anything into him not playing today, it is a brutal course to walk once let alone four straight days.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app