Austin @austxd

Golf Course Foods!

Hello Everyone, I have an interesting topic.

Being completely honest, I don't eat very healthy on the course.  My food and drink usually consist of a lot of Coke and ice-lollies, chocolate croissants and Mars-Bars.   If I am not feeling Coke, I would usually buy a Vitamin Well.  I would like to know what others eat and drink on the golf course.  It would be cool to see if it improves/changes scores.  Also, please leave recommendations on some healthy snacks I and others could eat.

• Like 4

I rarely eat on the course; if I do, it's sunflower seeds (and I'm very careful about never leaving shells on greens, etc.). As for drinks, my early morning rounds normally are accompanied with a cup of coffee. Other rounds are either a Gatorade or a water.

• Like 2

If I eat anything it’s usually granola bars/protein bars, maybe an Uncrustable PB&J or two. Drink-wise it’s almost always just water, but maybe in July/August here when the index is over 100* I’ll have a big bottle of Gatorade/Powerade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I rarely eat on the course; if I do, it's sunflower seeds (and I'm very careful about never leaving shells on greens, etc.). As for drinks, my early morning rounds normally are accompanied with a cup of coffee. Other rounds are either a Gatorade or a water.

sunflower seeds sound like a great idea!  I'll definitely try that.

I like to take a Larabar or two.  Just have to be careful to avoid ones with chocolate chips in it on hot days.  Maybe trail mix as well.  To drink is just water.  Sometimes water with freshly squeezed lime juice I've added before leaving the house.  On chilly fall days, I'll brought a thermos of hot coffee/tea.

• Like 1

My home course has hot dogs that put any other course's dogs to shame in the area. I usually buy at least one at the turn. My drink of choice is good old Budweiser, usually no more than 3 for a round, but I've been known to have a few more than that if it's really hot.😉

• Like 2

I don't think this post was intended to be our usual healthy performance type of golf food post. So...

I like how in the summer my club/course usually keeps the BBQ grill fired up on weekends. They're usually grilling hamburgers, hotdogs, sausage, chicken, etc. Cold beer and soft drinks iced down. The smoke waffeling near the 18th green and through the trees. Too me it's a throw-back to the old days and playing around the in area BBQ tournament circuit. Ahhh... good stuff. 🏌️‍♂️

• Like 4

Coffee and water/gatorade to drink. Trying to lay off the hot dogs at the turn so Clif bars, nuts, apples, and bananas. There's always a time and a place for beers though

Take Dead Aim

• Like 2

I'm a sucker for a hot dog at the turn. Normally just drink water. Sometimes, a milky way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Reese’s Fast Break, and a RipTide Rush Gatorade.

Sometimes I’ll order a club sandwich for the turn. Love me some club sandwiches.

• Like 2

Usually ice water, but if I get a little tired at the turn, I'll get a Coca-Cola or root beer. 

Otherwise to eat, I pack a baggie of Kashi Chocolate granola. Good protein and some sugar for a quick pick me up. 

• Like 2

Granola bars or a breakfast sandwich before

Spam musubi and a Monster at the turn.

Water throughout, especially when walking after work.

• Like 2

I usually bring an apple and homemade trail mix of coconut chips, dried pineapple, cashews, and raisins. I eat the trail mix on the front and apple on the back.

For drinks it’s water and occasionally beer or rum if I really need swing oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dropping weight so no alcohol. Water. Coffee. diet soda. Food its generally pbj, apple maybe protein bar or jerky. Sometimes I will bring swedish fish or something along that line. 

• Like 2

I guzzle water and usually eat granola and crackers during the round.

I walk a lot and I don't like to eat anything big at the turn, it usually just sits in my stomach if I do. No thanks. 

• Like 1

Just water for me. I'm going to start taking a Vegemite sandwich with me now that I'm walking. Oh, and Excedrin for my back.

• Like 2

my bag is always filled with some kind of snack which generally has peanut butter. Also have had dried fruit and walnuts. I always bring at least one bottle of water or a gatorade type of drink. 

• Like 2
  • Off Topic 1

I always carry granola bars. I always have a big yeti cup of ice water. Depending on the time of day if it’s around lunchtime at the turn I might grab a hot dog and Diet Coke. 

• Like 4

This is where i eat the worst.  Usually have a dog or burger at the turn and a beer or two on the back 9.  If i don't eat much on the course then i eat after and have buffalo wings and beer.  I usually play on both Saturday and Sundays.  Takes me the week to burn off the extra fat and then do it again the following weekend.

• Like 3

Water and PB&J.  

My family hasn't had sugary (or fake sugar) drinks in well over a year.  No red meat and very limited processed foods.  We would like to eliminate processed foods altogether but that isn't very realistic in modern society.  

• Like 3