Okay, that makes sense, I was just asking because my miss has seemed to be "fluffing" it, sliding it too far underneath and leaving it short. 

I only use that technique from the fairway or fringe. It doesn’t work very well out of the rough. That will be another segment.

You’ll have to keep the speed up or you will short yourself every time. If you are going to use it, I use the middle of the flagstick as my aim point, just to make sure I get it there, unless I know it is going to roll a lot, then it’s all feel.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

I only use that technique from the fairway or fringe. It doesn’t work very well out of the rough. That will be another segment.

You’ll have to keep the speed up or you will short yourself every time. If you are going to use it, I use the middle of the flagstick as my aim point, just to make sure I get it there, unless I know it is going to roll a lot, then it’s all feel.

Oh, thanks, that explains it. I should have realized that by now. 😬😬😬

• Like 2

Oh, thanks, that explains it. I should have realized that by now.

Yeah. Confusing... dang. I always pick a landing point a bit short of the stick. But my last look is the middle of the stick.

Point is. With the face that wide open it will take more speed to get it there, that’s where the spin comes from.
  • Like 2