Jump to content

My DIY SuperSpeed Golf project and results

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

I was intrigued when I heard about the SuperSpeed golf sticks and system. After reading enough reviews and success stories I decided to make my own and give it a try. After getting fit for my driver in January in an effort to strengthen my biggest weakness I felt like this was a good next step.


The project itself wasn’t a big deal for me since I have a full fab shop at my disposal at work. I have literally nothing invested in them but a few lunch breaks. I used a piece of 1.5” aluminum round stock from the scrap bin to make the weight. I had an old Wilson driver that wasn’t ever going to be used so I just stole the shaft from that. I liked the idea of adding weights to a single club rather than making and having to carry around 3 separate clubs. I just weighed the shaft and made the first(main) weight get it to the 255-260 gram range and then made a 30 and 50 gram weight to add. I drilled and tapped them and epoxied the main weight to the shaft. I know most people don’t have the luxury of a full fab shop so I won’t go into any more detail, let me know if you’d like me to though.


I’ve seen a bit of discussion on the length and weight specifics but I don’t personally believe it’s that exact of a science. My weights aren’t exact and the length isn’t a full 45”. I think ballparking the specs is ok. The results come from putting in the work and doing the protocols. Just my opinion.






Now for my early results. I’ve been doing the level 1 protocols for almost a month and have already noticed changes. Back in January when I got fit, my club head speed average was at 91.6. I actually gained a few mph during my fitting from my old gamer. That was on trackman. The day before I started the protocols I averaged 94.8 using my Zepp sensor on the range. After a week of protocols I averaged only 95.7 again with my Zepp on the range. I was disappointed after reading about all the big initial jumps but I figured I just needed time. Later that week I played a round and that’s when I started noticing changes. First I was erratic with my driver, really bad, I hit 1 fairway with it. I just wrote that off as a bad day off the tee. The other thing that stood out is I started missing shots long. It really messed up my round but I knew I just had to make a few adjustments to my game and I’d be better than I was. Now after my third week, I spent a lot of time grinding on my driver swing, I averaged 97.5 on the range. I went to play yesterday not knowing what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. My grinding paid off and I was able to hit most fairways and see some added distance. I was consistently a club longer throughout my bag. Shots that used to be layups were now green lights to go for it. Admittedly I am an aggressive player so this was nice for me to have the tools to back it up. I shot my personal best, 90.


I’m happy with the early progress I’ve seen and can’t wait to see where else this process takes me. I’ll give another update in a few weeks. I hope my experience helps someone out there wanting to try building their own or just on the fence about the system itself. Let me know if you have any questions or comments, I always like hearing others opinions and suggestions.


On another note, I had been thinking about getting a launch monitor to help my consistency with distance and this project was just the push I needed. I just bought a swing caddie SC100. So the money I saved on the SuperSpeed system I put into a launch monitor. I hope this will give me better info on my distances as well as track my consistency and speed as it progresses.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

That is awesome!  Please keep posting!

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S 45"

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S 43"

:titelist-small: 910H 21* Bassara Red R 40"

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT S300 +1" 2-up

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200 +1" 2-up

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3 37"

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has already been going on a while.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

                                                                               :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

                                                                                :edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Update at 6 weeks. I was disappointed at first when I didn’t see a real jump like I had read about but my speed has crept up every week. Now just over 100 mph, that’s up over 5 mph since I started. I’m looking forward to the next step in the program and to see when and for how long my gains plateau.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...