Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Hot Springs Village

I'm vacationing in Hot Springs Village next month.  Does anyone have any advice on which courses to play/stay away from?

Mizuno JPX EZ driver

Taylormade SLDR HL 3 wood

Mizuno JPX EZ hybrids 3 & 4

Mizuno JPX EZ Irons 4-G

Titleist SM6 Vokey wedge 54.10

Odyssey White Hot Pro V-line putter

I've been there a couple of times. Played most of them except the executive course and the private course. Cortez, Isabella, desoto, ponce,etc. these are all good. I think you'll enjoy playing there. conditions are good and the courses are interesting. green fees are reasonable too. enjoy.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've been there a couple of times. Played most of them except the executive course and the private course. Cortez, Isabella, desoto, ponce,etc. these are all good. I think you'll enjoy playing there. conditions are good and the courses are interesting. green fees are reasonable too. enjoy.

Been years since I played there, and they were all good then. Fun place to play!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• Thanks Plaid and PM.  I'm looking forward to the trip.  It looked like a good place to play.

Mizuno JPX EZ driver

Mizuno JPX EZ Irons 4-G

You'll like it there. There's really one main road/hwy right through the middle of the village and the golf courses are all located on one side or the other it seemed. They're all with a few miles of each other. Each course have their own pro shop and grill or restaurant to one degree or another. The place isn't fancy or over the top which I enjoyed. People were friendly I found. Pretty hilly around there so be prepared.

There was one course I recall where out in the rough there were a lot of white rocks all over the place. So don't hit your shot out there if you know what I mean. Me and my buddies have always rented a house. Both times on a lake. That was nice too. We'd play golf all day and then fire up the grill in the evenings.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

They're all nice, but I really like Balboa. However it's been a long time since I've been there. Of course if you can get on Diamante, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I am a POA passholder and go there at least once per year.  My mother lives on Coronado which is the short course (no par 5's) but I always use that as a warm up.  You'll still hit driver on almost all of the par 4s and the par 3's are not necessarily short either. IT does cost a little less also and as I said a good warm up.  The others (DeSoto and Cortez are the oldest, Ponce, Balboa, Magellan, were next, then Isabella and Grenada -play that one- and are the the newest- but still 20+ years old) are all pretty good with a lot of elevation changes (you have to be a packhorse if you want to walk them).  Diamonte is the private course - used to have a Web.com even there.  The Village itself is a little quiet but if you get a place on one of the lakes that might be all you are looking for.  It can be spectacularly beautiful.  Besides the golf course club houses (a couple even serve breakfast) I think there is an decent Italian place.  If you want a little nightlife head into Hot Springs and there is plenty on Central Ave along with a few still operating bath houses (that you might need if you walked any of the courses).  You'll enjoy it.

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM  Stealth  Ventus shaft

Callaway Epic Flash 5 adjusted to 4.

TM SIM 7 wood

TM M1 3 hybrid adjusted to 4

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line

Thanks for all of the input.  We rented a house overlooking a fairway on one of the courses.  I can’t remember which one.  We did the same thing in Branson a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.

Plaid, now that you have told me about those rocks, I’m sure I will hit one.

Mizuno JPX EZ driver

Mizuno JPX EZ Irons 4-G