TESTERS WANTED! ×

Gravity Grip

One of the things I enjoy about this site is how much helpful information is given to us, and after having so much success from the putter fitting and golf ball change that I would not have done if it was not for this site, I wanted to try the gravity grip for my putter.  I rely heavily on my putting to save me at times, and distance control got a lot better after my putter fitting, but one thing I still needed so work on was face control. Due to flooding where I live, it has forced me to work on things indoors, and one thing I will work on is putting about 100 putts a night on a 4 foot metal ruler, and before the grip I would make it all the way across about 60% of the time. Now with the Gravity Grip, I get it across a little more than 75% of the time, I can notice a huge difference in feel of the face. It took awhile to adjust to the size and shape of the grip itself, and about 30 putts to readjust my grip, but once I got it comfortable it felt perfect. In my opinion, it was well worth the money, and excited to see what it will do on the course. Now I just need the weather to cooperate and I can put it in action. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

• 4 weeks later...

@FromRightToLeft I highly recommend it. My putting has improved so much, and the Gravity Grip is a reason. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

19 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

@FromRightToLeft I highly recommend it. My putting has improved so much, and the Gravity Grip is a reason. 

Cheers I might order one this weekend.

:titelist-small: 917 D2 - 10.5 

:ping-small: G 5 wood

:ping-small: G 7 wood

:ping-small: G400 4 Hybrid

:ping-small: G400 5 Hybrid

:callaway-small: Apex PW-6I - Recoil shafts

:Hogan: Equalizer SW 

:callaway-small: MacDaddy C Grind 60 Degree Lob Wedge

Tommy Armour Impact #3 Mallet

I have one coming soon for my ER5 🏌️♂️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

13 hours ago, ole gray said:

I have one coming soon for my ER5 emoji1303.png🏌️♂️

I can't believe it!   I ordered the Gravity Grip June 5th from Amazon and it said not under the 2 day shipping umbrella.   No doubt I will be giving ole WillPGA " Akers Discount Golf" a huge atta boy for the lighting fast delivery!!! 🚀  When I purchased it, the time frame for delivery was  June 11th and no later than June 13th.  I received it today!  (June 7th)💣

Cleveland

• 1 month later...

Just got mine today:

gravity.jpg

Already a big fan of the shape: I've become strongly partial to grips with squared-off sides, so that I have that face information in my hands. The weight is absolutely noticeable: when you set the grip on a table, it does the "Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down" thing, not infrequently standing up on the narrow bottom edge of the grip on its own.

I've been putting well this season with my EXO Indianapolis S, but I'm an inveterate tinkerer, and I'm looking forward to putting this grip through its paces and reporting back here with my opinions.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Just got mine today:

gravity.jpg

Already a big fan of the shape: I've become strongly partial to grips with squared-off size, so that I have that face information in my hands. The weight is absolutely noticeable: when you set the grip on a table, it does the "Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down" thing, not infrequently standing up on the narrow bottom edge of the grip on its own.

I've been putting well this season with my EXO Indianapolis S, but I'm an inveterate tinkerer, and I'm looking forward to putting this grip through its paces and reporting back here with my opinions.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Cleveland

• 2 months later...
Loved the feel of it during the stroke, but hated the texture. So slippery and that was no Bueno in my greasy Italian hands. I tried everything to soften the grip and make it more tacky, but nothing worked. 

I had the same issue. Installing a P2 Aware Tour on Monday. We shall see

“I should of yelled Two!”

Driver: PXG 0811x Gen 4 / Tour AD TP6s

3W: PXG 0341x Gen 1 / Tour AD TP6s

3HY: :taylormade-small: GAPR / KBS Stiff

4-PW: :taylormade-small: P770 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2”

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2” 50-09, 54-11, 60-10

Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport 35

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

Cart: Clicgear 4.0

• 3 months later...

Just played my first round with the GG Sunday.  I'll agree that the texture isn't the best.  The cooler weather helps for now but how will the grip be during the summer?  Despite the more slippery grip, it has felt good through the putting stroke and it seems to have brought a little consistency back to my game.  Time will tell if it is a honeymoon period or it continues to help. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

... Changing your grip is a pretty big deal, especially if you have played a specific type of grip for a long time and your hands and stroke are used to it. But for someone that tinkers and uses different grips and different putters, why not? The one word of caution I would add is testing a grip on carpet in a golf store can give you an idea if you like the feel and the roll, but it won't tell you how it will work on a golf course. 

... When the Spyder first came out and it seemed like everyone on tour was using it, I rolled some putts at the PGA SS and seemed to make everything. It was a radical departure for me because I have always played 8802 style putters. But I tried it 4 or 5 trips to the SS and continued to make everything so I bought one. First time on the course was a disaster. Adding in slope, grain and varying speed I just did not have the feel I have with my heel shafted putter. Lagging was also more difficult for me, again because I am so used to a different style putter. I gave it a second round just in case the first round was just beginners doubt, but it performed just as poorly and I immediately sold it. 

... So if you are rolling your putts with the Gravity Grip like Faxon on carpet with straight putts in the store, maybe take it to a course with uphill/downhill and sidehill putts as well as a course with fast and another with slow greens before taking your grip off your current gamer. Or of course, tinkering can be fun, so throw caution to the wind and give it a go!  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, Jai17 said:

Do you recommend putting the gravity grip on the Scotty Special Select Fastback 1.5, which has medium toe flow? 

With putting you are looking for the combination that works for you.  I could recommend you put one on and is might work for you and it might not.   The putter and toe flow of the putter really doesn't matter.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I just put a GG on my TM ardmore 3. Can’t wait to get it on the course and see how it goes.

Driver: Taylormade Sim 9 degree 

3 wood: Taylormade SLDR 15 degree

Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 19 degree

Irons: Srixon Z545 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 52 degree, Cleveland CG15 56 degree, TM Hi-Toe 60 degree

Putter: Taylormade Ardmore 3

While I like the idea of the Gravity Grip and did play a couple of rounds with it. It’s too heavy, I am not a big fan of a lot of weight in the grip, I like to feel the head.  It was also to thick for me, if they made one around 90 grams and a little thinner I would be all over it.  For those of you putting it on another putter you may want to add some lead tape.

Ping G425 LST 10.5* - Rogue White 130

Ping G425 LST 14.5 - Rogue White 130

TaylorMade SIM 19* Tensei Pro White

Srixon ZX5 4&5 iron Modus 120

Srixon ZX7 6-AW Modus 120

Vokey SM8 54* 60* Modus 125 wedge

EvnRoll ER5B

12 minutes ago, Granata13 said:

While I like the idea of the Gravity Grip and did play a couple of rounds with it. It’s too heavy, I am not a big fan of a lot of weight in the grip, I like to feel the head.  It was also to thick for me, if they made one around 90 grams and a little thinner I would be all over it.  For those of you putting it on another putter you may want to add some lead tape.

Your point is very important and many players don’t consider.   some players swing the putter head and want the feeling of weight there.  Others want the weight in their hands; which the gravity grip is great for.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG