Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tour Edge EXS

Barley Spargewater

After a couple of abdominal surguries. I lost a ton of swing speed and needed a new driver. I shopped and shopped and finally chose the EXS. I have it in 9.5 stiff set at upright neutral. I liked it so much that I went back and tested the 3 wood and hybrids. Well, those are in my bag now too. Fitting makes a huge differnce, but these things are cannons!

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 9.5 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 15 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3i (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Irons: Callaway X Hot Pro 4 - AW (Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Ben Hogan 54, 58 (DG S300)

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde White Hot Pro #9 (Golf pride tour SNSR)

I've had the EXS driver sitting in my bag for 3 weeks and have yet to play it because of weather and kids activities.  I'm keeping the driver but on the fence about the kids.  I'm glad to hear it is working out well for you and I hope to get it out this week.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

The amount of people looking at this driver due to price point and performance is great! One of the little guys getting the recognition they deserve. I wonder now with Ben Hogan releasing a $300 driver as well with great shaft options will impede on that market space?

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

The amount of people looking at this driver due to price point and performance is great! One of the little guys getting the recognition they deserve. I wonder now with Ben Hogan releasing a $300 driver as well with great shaft options will impede on that market space?

I think a lot comes down to accessibility. I think Tour Edge has the advantage because it is in stores. Hogan is a direct to consumer model appealing to those more knowledgeable about golf and the equipment that is available outside of the major brands. The big knock on Tour Edge would be the non exotics line which while solid equipment drags the whole name down a little bit. Overall each has their own fans and neither will impact the overall sales of the other. I personally would go tour edge based on past experience.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think a lot comes down to accessibility. I think Tour Edge has the advantage because it is in stores. Hogan is a direct to consumer model appealing to those more knowledgeable about golf and the equipment that is available outside of the major brands. The big knock on Tour Edge would be the non exotics line which while solid equipment drags the whole name down a little bit. Overall each has their own fans and neither will impact the overall sales of the other. I personally would go tour edge based on past experience.

Agreed. The ability to walk into a store and try one really helps Tour Edge, IMO.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

It was nice being able to demo several times to get the best overall fit for my daily differences. I will say though, I bought the Hogan Equalizer wedges on name alone and they are stellar. They remind me of the MacGregor Tourney Forged I had years ago.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 9.5 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 15 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3i (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Irons: Callaway X Hot Pro 4 - AW (Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Ben Hogan 54, 58 (DG S300)

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde White Hot Pro #9 (Golf pride tour SNSR)

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

100% correct! I am a big Exotics fan, yet the Tour Edge some people see more often brings down the prestige of Exotics. I would play Exotics over a lot of the big brands because of the quality of the product!

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I think there are already a few topics regarding the EXS. Supposed to be an official MGS review - member test coming someday. The driver is long-er in my recent experience which is nice. So far I've been enjoying mine. Especially after I ditched the Tensei shaft. Changed the whole experience for me.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour