TESTERS WANTED! ×

Winn NTP 1.10 putter grip

A little over a month ago, I picked up one of the new Winn NTP putter grips for my Tour Stroke Trainer. Having used it for some time now indoors and for a handful of rounds on the course, I thought I'd offer my two cents for others who might consider it.

For me, the best way to get a sense of the size and shape of a grip is to see a picture next to something familiar. So here is the Winn NTP next to a SuperStroke 2.0:

IMG_20190514_140744.jpg

IMG_20190514_140820.jpg

IMG_20190514_140723.jpg

That third picture is the one I think is most important. I have increasingly come to appreciate a grip that helps me feel where square is. There are obviously even boxier grips than the NTP (I think SuperStroke has one that's entirely square), but the NTP is essentially a blocky, non-tapered pistol shape.

Texture-wise, it is decidedly a Winn. If you've grabbed one of their grips before, you know what I'm talking about: it's a soft, tacky feel.

IMG_20190514_140847.jpg

The grip weighs in around 125, so it's on the heavier end of the spectrum. As it compares to SuperStroke, it would be more like their counterweighted grips.

I've been pleased so far, and just bought a second one to put on my Odyssey Indianapolis that will be arriving tomorrow.

If you like a weightier grip with defined, flat surfaces, the Winn is a good and relatively inexpensive option.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Let me throw one more observation in about this grip: because of its weight, it's a great option for those who like the SuperStroke counterweighted grips, but who use Arccos or Game Golf or other devices that need to be mounted in the vent hole of a grip.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

• 8 months later...

I just bought one of these at Golf Galaxy and I have to say I love it. The feel is outstanding. Love the tacky feel. Fits my hands perfectly. I'd call it a mid size plus. A little bigger than a Winn Excel AVS midsize that I own. I love a counter balanced putter and with the 125 grams of weight this works great and is half the cost of a Super Stroke Counter Core grip. One other nice thing about these is you can put them on with an air compressor. Then if you want to change it you can remove it very easily without harming the grip.