Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

In general. PGA tour players are very weak physically

Big money

Not looking for any conflict here.But in general.Most PGA tour players are extremely weak for their builds.I will agree that they work out more than previous generations of pros.But in my observations.They just are very weak for an professional male athlete.Ive worked out with many professional athletes that are some of the most strongest-flexible-coordinated individuals I’ve ever met.I would never trade my physique for any current pga male tour player.So what makes these guys so unique?How are they so gifted in what they do?

Edited by Big money

Keep it in the short stuff

Not looking for any conflict here.But in general.Most PGA tour players are extremely weak for their builds.I will agree that they work out more than previous generations of pros.But in my observations.They just are very weak for an professional male athlete.Ive worked out with many professional athletes that are some of the most strongest-flexible-coordinated individuals I’ve ever met.I would never trade my physique for any current pga male tour player.So what makes these guys so unique?How are they so gifted in what they do?
You can't be serious....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

9 minutes ago, dhartmann34 said:

emoji23.pngemoji38.png You can't be serious....

My reaction as well. You can't think people like Brooks and DJ aren't in peak physical shape. They are in the gym 7 days a week.

On the flip side, is Pat Perez "fit"? No, but he is definately an athlete when it comes to golf. He may not be an athlete in the traditional sense but neither is someone like CC Sabathia. But they both have athletic talent when it comes to their respective sports. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

My reaction as well. You can't think people like Brooks and DJ aren't in peak physical shape. They are in the gym 7 days a week.
On the flip side, is Pat Perez "fit"? No, but he is definately an athlete when it comes to golf. He may not be an athlete in the traditional sense but neither is someone like CC Sabathia. But they both have athletic talent when it comes to their respective sports. 
Yup. These guys have crazy training regimines... And not just the top players. The guys that are even at the lower level, web.com and even Monday qualifying.... have incredible strength, flexibility, and overall fitness.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

There's a whole thread about this somewhere, let me find it. 

Let me grab some popcorn. This could get entertaining

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Not looking to start a conflict but immediately posts a topic that will definitely start a conflict. LOL

Look, I'm not one you'd call athletic in terms of my physique, but I can tell you as someone who's played a lot of sports growing up and done them all at very high levels, golf was by far the hardest sport I ever learned how to play. Athleticism doesn't make a good golfer. It can help but it's not the be all end all.

And why should that even matter? If you're capable of playing on tour, who gives a hoot what your physique is? Plus there's more than a few examples of guys playing on tour who would be considered athletes at any level and that didn't stop the Johnny Millers of the world from criticizing them for getting too jacked.

It's a pointless argument to make. Golf isn't a sport that demands the perfect physique. That should be celebrated because it means anyone can make it to the professional level regardless if they're 350lbs or 150lbs. It doesn't matter. If you're good at golf, you're good at golf. Period.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I’m just here for the comment section. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 hours ago, Edveed said:

I would never trade my physique for any current pga male tour player.

Would you still be unwilling to talk trades if it included Fedex cup ranking/cash?

Final and only offer - Jason Dufner

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Guys like the late Rich Piana, Bradley Martin, Kai Greene, Sadik Hadzovic and the list goes on and on of pro lifters. These guys are about bulk and mass. Where as a pro golfer is about functional core muscles. Sure, the look isn’t as impressive as the list of studs above. But I assure you that it is perfect for a game like golf. It’s about precision and repetition. If your looking for natural bulk  or power lifter  show looks. You will never find this on any golf tour. But you will find many in great cardio yoga driven builds. This isn’t a sport about 55 dumbbell curls and 300 lbs bench press. It’s about medicine ball / lunges / cable and elastic band workouts

Having a back that one can use as a movie screen isnt golf. Or needed for playing the level these guys do. The lifters have a look that works great on a beach. But won’t be very effective on a golf course 

Edited by Big money

Keep it in the short stuff

Weird that a guy like JT who is long and lanky can hit the ball as far as guys who are bigger, or someone like Ricky who is short and thin hits it 300+.

Proper swing mechanics trump size. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

When you say "weak for their builds" are you referring to weight lifting capability?  I'm guessing the majority on tour would surprise us in that capability; even considering that isn't likely a specific end goal of their exercise routines.  It's my impression that current era PGA Pros are, by and large, in better physical shape that their counterparts of yesteryear.  Except perhaps that one popular picture of Arnie in his heyday - anyone want to arm wrestle after the match? 😂

10 hours ago, Edveed said:

Not looking for any conflict here.But in general.Most PGA tour players are extremely weak for their builds

arnie.jpg.4a55ee3944bba3a2de58c5c1c5375049.jpg

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

13 hours ago, Edveed said:

Two comments. 

First, you've made a claim without providing anything to back up that claim.  So please bring us some kind of evidence that PGA Tour players are weak.  You might also want to define what type of strength you're talking about. 

Second, please try to explain why you think strength is so important in golf.  We're swinging an implement that weighs less than a pound, to me great strength simply doesn't matter.  Strength in the core, strength enough to grip the club appropriately, yes.  But beyond that, it gets down to flexibility, proper sequencing, and hand-eye coordination.  

Edited by DaveP043

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I'm just going to leave this link here. I'd trade bodies with that dude 99.9 times out of 100.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Whenever someone starts off a post with, "I'm not looking for a conflict....."   Thats exactly what they are looking for!  So here goes....  I have had the good fortune to work at a number of LPGA and PGA Tour Events.   The one thing that stood out to me the most was their overall appearance.  Now there are exceptions to every rule and there is no doubt you could provide a list from both tours that supports the argument  professional golfers are not fit/strong/conditioned.   However the vast majority of professional athletes on both the LPGA and PGA tour are fit; strong, flexible, coordinated and conditioned.  

Don't let the smooth taste fool you.  If you go back in time and look at all of sports you will find examples of athletes who on the surface would appear not fit or strong.  Would you not have to be fit/strong to throw a one hundred mile an hour fast ball 115 times over a four hour period?  Would you not have to be fit/strong to carry 280lbs of body weight up and down the basketball floor for 48 straight minutes? And finally does it not take strength and fitness to walk over 6 miles a day for 5 straight days (includes practice round) hitting hundreds of Golf balls at 80% strength with a nominal margin for error????  

The topics on this forum seem to repeat themselves a lot.  This topic was discussed at nauseam sometime last year with the first posting stating Golfers are not athletes/athletic and that Golf was more of a game than a sport.  There are all kinds of ways to play Golf.  You can certainly make it a game if you are riding a Golf Cart, smoking cigars and drinking your favorite cold beverage.  In this case you would not necessary have to be an athlete or athletic to enjoy your outing.   Just as you can sit behind the 7/11 smoking weed while drinking a forty then go play basketball.  What you may be doing is considered by most an athletic endeavor but believe me the final product is far from athletic.     

To play any sport at the highest level you most be in varying degrees; strong, flexible, coordinated, conditioned and mentally tough.    

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Let’s instead, talk about something that actually has some merit.

Ketchup doesn’t belong on a hot dog. Change my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

12 hours ago, Edveed said:

I'm inclined to laugh this off as well, but I will give you the most simple explanation there is. PGA Tour players train to play on the PGA Tour. They aren't training to play football. What's your point?

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

16 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Here comes the most unpopular opinion in this whole thread 😁:

I can't stand hot dogs. 

12 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Toilet Paper goes over the top.  Those who prefer in underneath are disturbing human beings!

Agreed. 

A hot dog is not a sandwich. 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

I'm not looking for a fight but your mom's fat and your girlfriend's ugly... Where did you really think this was gonna lead Skippy?

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Not looking for any conflict here, but the SLDR-C is the worst driver of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

7 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Not looking for any conflict here, but the SLDR-C is the worst driver of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s like sending out the bobcat signal. 😃

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Not looking for any conflict here, but Mizuno makes the hardest feeling irons I've ever hit. 😜

Edited by GB13

Pure strength/weakness is only relative to lifting weights, from the way the premise is stated.
Sure. Golfers wouldn’t WANT to be “strong” in that manner. Professional golfers need core strength, flexibility, etc to be successful and hit a ball with consistency, accuracy, and for YEARS. Pure weightlifting wouldn’t benefit them and would actually shorten their careers due to INFLEXIBILITY.
I was a hooper in college, and semi-professionally, and although we lifted weights, we did specific lifts that benefitted us in our sport. We didn’t “max” like football lineman, whose training was FAR different than ours.
So what? A golfer isn’t as “strong” as a Pro weightlifter, or even an offensive lineman in football, who cares? It wouldn’t benefit them in ANY way to search for “strength” above all else.
I know one thing, “strong” guys can’t do much more than lift weights.... Can’t hoop, can’t golf, can’t throw a ball, can’t play volleyball, nothing, because their builds prevent them from doing anything “athletic”....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm going to treat this question seriously just in case the OP is not simply trolling (though I believe he is). Golf requires gazelle-like strength, not elephantine brute force and has similarities to many other athletic endeavors.
NHL hockey players, NFL kickers, ballet dancers, soccer players, javelin throwers, tennis players etc all use some form of coil, post and release that we see in top level golf swings. None of them look like power lifters. In face large muscle mass without speed through the kinetic chain is less athletic and less useful than the golf swing. Good for moving refrigerators and grunting at a mirror at the gym. No good for moving like an athlete.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

A hot dog is not a dog, at all

A hot dog is not a sandwich. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 minutes ago, CarlH said:

A hot dog is not a dog, at all

That may depend on where you buy it...

I will die on this hill.

Ketchup on hot dogs is the only way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE