Nek

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour Wear and Tear

Hi Guys,

I just received my new JPX 919 Tours. Unfortunately I could only get in one quick range season so far. What I noticed after just hitting a few balls are a few pretty deep scuffs which you can see in the pictures below. I played Pings before, so haven't had forged irons yet. I know that they wear quicker but is it normal to have scuffs which you can feel with your fingers after just hitting a few golf ball on the range?

Thanks guys!

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Using range balls is a lot harder on your clubs unless the range has pretty new balls that aren't scuffed up. 

A lot of clubs also have a finish over to which wears (ping hydropearl) and shows more wear them is actually there

• Like 1

I have the same irons and I really stay away from hitting at ranges that don't have newer balls. Mizuno forgings are some of the softest and this does happen.

And not only because of the range rocks. If you have any wet sand caught on in-between, they'll grind the face like sandpaper.