Testers Announced Snell MTB-X Golf Balls

Our Sponsors

Aaron Jaramillo

Albuquerque NM

117 mph

Current Primary Ball = Vice Pro

I tried the Snell balls a few years back. I liked the ball, it was just that the Vice balls had very similar performance but were $10 less a dozen. 

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's that time again Spies!   Time to choose our testers of the very popular and highly reviewed Snell MTB-X ball. If you don't know much about Mr. Snell you should check out his bio - if th

Testers Wanted (10) Fresh off it's stellar performance in the MyGolfSpy 2019 Golf Ball Buyers Guide (Read it Here) the newly released Snell MTB-X is taking the golf ball world by storm.  Within t

Can’t wait to get my hands on Snell’s balls. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

John, Jamestown, RI

90MPH

ProVx

Have played both the Snell red and MTB Black.

Driver: Ping G400 10.5* - stock Alta CB shaft

FW:  Ping G25 7W - Accra RT50 DYMATCH 2.0

Hybrid: Callaway Rogue X 23* - Accra 162H M2

Irons: Callaway Big Bertha 5 - PW - Steelfiber i95

Wedges: Muira 56* K - Steelfiber i110

Satori 52* - KB Tour

Putter: Ping Ketsch Cadence

Ball: Snell MTB-X

Washington DC

ProV1 or (truthfully...) whatever I find in the bushes

Have used MTB Black and Red for 2-3 rounds and liked them around the greens, and had a slight preference for Red.

Ron Shanks

White Rock, BC, Canada

107mph driver swing speed

Prov1-X

No experience with Snell products but going to buy a dozen anyway regardless if I get chosen or not.  Since I saw the test as being the furthest ball I need to try this.  Pick me and I will provide detailed analysis,  putting feel, wedge shots (greenside, half and full shots as well as bunker shots) feel and spin with irons as well as hybrid, woods and finally driver.

Nick. Spokane, Wa

92-95 mph

Kirkland Signatures

I have no previous experience with the Snell golf balls. However I’ve been really interested in them since the golf ball test results came out. 

Dan, Annapolis MD. 

Driver, std length SS: Avg 108mph. 

Srixon Z Star XV

No previous experience of Snell. 

Titleist TS2 Tensei Blue S

Mizuno 16º Hybrid Fujikura S

Titleist 816 19º Hybrid Aldilia Tour Green S

Mizuno MP5 (6i-P) MP25 (4i-5i) KBS C Taper S +3/4"

Cleveland RTX 3 50º & 54º + 3/4"

Vokey SM6 60º

SC Newport 2 PutterS

Srixon Z Star XV 

15 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (10)

Fresh off it's stellar performance in the MyGolfSpy 2019 Golf Ball Buyers Guide (Read it Here) the newly released Snell MTB-X is taking the golf ball world by storm.  Within two days of the study the ball was sold out on Snell's website. So what's all the fuss about, can a $32 (Less if you buy in quantity) ball  really perform as well as some of the "Big Boy" balls?  Well that's what we want you to determine for yourself.  

Ten members will be selected to receive, test and keep a dozen Snell MTB-X balls (your choice of White or Yellow) then report back on the forum your experience and thoughts of the ball 

snell_12x8.jpg

The new 2019 Snell MTB-X is a 3-piece tour ball designed for lower driver spin, higher ball speeds, reducing “ballooning” with irons and providing excellent feel around the greens. 

How To Apply

Open to U.S. and Canada Residents

Important Steps Please Follow All Them Exactly

*DO NOT quote this post in your application post!

Your First Name City of Residence 

Swing Speed

Current Primary Ball

Tell us of any previous experience with Snell Golf Balls...It's OK if you don"t have any.

Note: Participating and completing this testing, will not eliminate you from other testings to come in 2019

Testers will be selected sometime next week. 

Joe Taylor Jefferson, Maine

Speed 105

Titleist prov1

I haven't had the experience of playing Snell golf balls but I am intrigued to trying them.

Adam Burton

Calgary, AB Canada

101MPH clubhead speed

TaylorMade TP5-X

I recently purchased the MTB-X golf balls following your ball test, and have played one round with it and all things appear to be pointing in a positive direction. I've also tried testing on my own personal launch monitor (Flightscope Xi+) vs. other golf balls.