Golfspy_CG2

Testers Announced Snell MTB-X Golf Balls

Our Sponsors

Scott

Los Angeles, CA

112MPH driver

Titleist ProV1, Bridgestone BX

Played a sleeve of red and blacks.  Definitely preferred the black's off the tee with driver, but the red's had better bite on approach shots.

Edited by stashtv

Josh McPherson, KS

Driver SS 117-122mph

18' or newer Chrome Soft X Truvis (yellow)

I was given a sample pack with a couple of MTB Black and Red. The Black was too soft for me, I felt like I lost some distance and spin around the greens. I felt like the red just spun up too much off of the driver. Great quality, durable, and could play either in a pinch.

Kevin- Kansas City

95 mph

Kirkland Signature 4 piece

No prior experience with Snells

Aaron

Valparaiso, Indiana

100 mph swing speed

Callaway Chrome Soft/whatever else I have in the bag

I have never used a snell ball before.

Callaway Rogue Driver

Taylormade M5 3 wood

Taylormade M6 irons 4-AW

Titleist Vokey Wedges 56° & 60°

Taylormade Spider Tour Black Putter

Kevin,  Vienna VA

95 MPH Driver speed

Callaway Chromesoft Truvis

I actually preordered the MTX-B before the study came out.  Took a couple of months to get and have played it a few times.  Definitely longer than the Chromesoft which I loved until I read the study you did.  Prefer the yellow balls so was happy a nice ball was available in high vis yellow.  Now I am using the Chromesoft on the water holes.  I have dozens I need to get rid of.   LOL

Jason - Emmaus, PA

113-115mph driver swing speed

Current Ball is between proV1 and project (a)

I actually just played a round today trying out Snell MTB black for the first time

Tom

Myrtle Beach, SC

95 mph

use a wide variety for casual play; Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone BXS, TP5/5X for serious play

never used any Snell balls before but used to play TP Red, Black, and Lethal extensively

Tom

camdenton mo

103 mph

callaway chrome soft

no experiences with snell golf balls

PapaRutz  HDCP 18

Howell,Michigan

Hello folks. I am "that guy", the guy you see playing with a different ball every time you see me.

Why is that, because I never stop trying to find that "perfect ball" for me. 

The Snell MTB-X may just be it. The specs on the ball claim 85-90 compression which would be just a tad lower than the Pro-V1, so I would love to find out as it is my favorite ball. A hair softer might be nice..

Thank you

22 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (10)

Fresh off it's stellar performance in the MyGolfSpy 2019 Golf Ball Buyers Guide (Read it Here) the newly released Snell MTB-X is taking the golf ball world by storm.  Within two days of the study the ball was sold out on Snell's website. So what's all the fuss about, can a $32 (Less if you buy in quantity) ball  really perform as well as some of the "Big Boy" balls?  Well that's what we want you to determine for yourself.  

Ten members will be selected to receive, test and keep a dozen Snell MTB-X balls (your choice of White or Yellow) then report back on the forum your experience and thoughts of the ball 

snell_12x8.jpg

The new 2019 Snell MTB-X is a 3-piece tour ball designed for lower driver spin, higher ball speeds, reducing “ballooning” with irons and providing excellent feel around the greens. 

How To Apply

Open to U.S. and Canada Residents

Important Steps Please Follow All Them Exactly

*DO NOT quote this post in your application post!

Your First Name City of Residence 

Swing Speed

Current Primary Ball

Tell us of any previous experience with Snell Golf Balls...It's OK if you don"t have any.

Note: Participating and completing this testing, will not eliminate you from other testings to come in 2019

Testers will be selected sometime next week. 

TIM

Calgary, Alberta

100 - 105

ProVIX

Found a Snell Golf ball in Phoenix and played the rest of the round with it.  Wanted to learn more about it so did some Internet checking a few months ago.

Tim

Calgary, Alberta

100 - 105

ProVIX

Played with a Snell after finding it.  After thinking it felt pretty good I looked it up on the Internet and was pleasantly surprised with what I found.  Very interested to see how it would compare to tge feel and control I get from the ProVIX and TP5X that I normally play.

Brian

Somerset, MA

108-112 depending on the day

Play both models of Titleist ProV depending on course conditions and weather. Also throw in the occasional Taylormade TP5X

Have not used the Snell for entire round. Have found a few and used them here and there. 

Brandon Resnick 

Boca Raton Fl 

112mph

Tp5x 

I am enthusiastic to be a tester and be a fair judge to which ever product performs best...

Edited by Bresnick

Casey - Minneapolis, Minnesota

109 mph

Srixion XV 

No prior experience. 

Edited by ccolli98

Joe

Shelbyville, TN

92 mph

Callaway Chrome Soft 

23 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (10)

Fresh off it's stellar performance in the MyGolfSpy 2019 Golf Ball Buyers Guide (Read it Here) the newly released Snell MTB-X is taking the golf ball world by storm.  Within two days of the study the ball was sold out on Snell's website. So what's all the fuss about, can a $32 (Less if you buy in quantity) ball  really perform as well as some of the "Big Boy" balls?  Well that's what we want you to determine for yourself.  

Ten members will be selected to receive, test and keep a dozen Snell MTB-X balls (your choice of White or Yellow) then report back on the forum your experience and thoughts of the ball 

snell_12x8.jpg

The new 2019 Snell MTB-X is a 3-piece tour ball designed for lower driver spin, higher ball speeds, reducing “ballooning” with irons and providing excellent feel around the greens. 

How To Apply

Open to U.S. and Canada Residents

Important Steps Please Follow All Them Exactly

*DO NOT quote this post in your application post!

Your First Name City of Residence 

Swing Speed

Current Primary Ball

Tell us of any previous experience with Snell Golf Balls...It's OK if you don"t have any.

Note: Participating and completing this testing, will not eliminate you from other testings to come in 2019

Testers will be selected sometime next week. 

Kevin

Southaven, MS

Swing speed 110

AVX. TP5x & ProVx

Live in Tucson, Az

Swing speed 110ish

Titleist ProV1 or NXT 

I have never played or seen or found any Snell balls before. Would love to try them.