Golf cart cell phone charger

Tc3cars

Check out this product. Finally a way to charge your cell phone, gps, range finder on the course.  Super simple.  Flip the seat on the cart.  Connect the alligator clips to the battery.  Flip seat down. Boom!! Start charging

EZ Charge - Portable Dual USB Golf Cart Cell Phone Charger Universal Battery Quick Connect for ATV UTV Boat Dirt Bike RV Motorcycle Snowmobile Tractor Survival Emergency 12v Power Outlet Charge Bank https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QFBVHH1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NiH3CbX7K7PBX

Edited by Tc3cars

Yea Absolutely.  So my buddy and I got so tired of trying to run GPS on our phones but our phone dying on the course.  So we started trying to come up with a way to charge up.  Obviously if you play courses with built in usb you don’t really need it.  Unfortunately I have only played one course ever with a USB port. Also the way I play golf.  Its never really planned out.  Its usually 5 pm.  The baby falls asleep.  I say to the wife hey mind if I go play 9.  So I just keep one of these in my bag. Phone is never charged at that time of the day and never have a power bank ready to go.  I have had one in my bag for 8 years actually.  I also keep one in my back pack when im riding atv just in case my 4 wheeler wont start and I cant use the 12v.  Just a couple of guys who love golf love the outdoors who wanted to solve an issue.  This definitely solves a big problem for a lot of golfers on the course.  Thanks for letting us join the forum.

Edited by Tc3cars
  • Like 1

Isn't this much more of a hassle than just purchasing any number portable chargers that are available on the market?  I just keep one of these handy...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CU1EC6Y/ref=sr_1_10?camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B01CU1EC6Y&ie=UTF8&linkCode=as2&sr=1-10&tag=anker_bing_brandcharger-20

:wilson_staff_small: :taylormade-small: :callaway-small:                    

PXG 0211 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik 21* 7W
Taylormade RSi1 5 Iron
Taylormade RSi2 6-PW
Taylormade PSI 50*
Callaway Jaws 54* C Grind
Wilson Staff Infinite Southside
Maxfli Tour

For me way easier.  Stick it in my bag.  If I need it grab it.  Clip it on and charge.  I simply I guess am not prepared enough to always having a portable charger charged up and ready to go. Then Remember to grab it when heading to the course. With this product.  Simply always there if I need it.  Direct charge off the golf cart battery. Also if i forgot to charge my range finder.  Which happens all the time.  Can charge it while I play. 

Lol.... 7-8 years of running mine and I have never even popped the in line fuse.  Try one out.  If you don’t like it.  Amazon includes a free return label.  I would love a couple of you guys to try one an give some real input.  Send me addresses I Will give a way a couple to guys who think they would use it 👍  I am easy going guy.  Just trying to start a little business. I know this product has really helped me out over the years.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tc3cars said:

Lol.... 7-8 years of running mine and I have never even popped the in line fuse.  Try one out.  If you don’t like it.  Amazon includes a free return label.  I would love a couple of you guys to try one an give some real input.  Send me addresses I Will give a way a couple to guys who think they would use it 👍  I am easy going guy.  Just trying to start a little business. I know this product has really helped me out over the years.  

Good luck with your business/product.  I walk 99% of my rounds and haven't taken a cart once since 2017.  This product wouldn't do anything for me. 

Awesome for you to include the opportunity for a few members to test the product.  My only suggestion would be, have a MOD help you get in touch with the MGS staff and take it through the proper channels.  They have ways of choosing testers to reduce the risk of trolling for both you and MGS.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Good luck with your business/product.  I walk 99% of my rounds and haven't taken a cart once since 2017.  This product wouldn't do anything for me. 

Awesome for you to include the opportunity for a few members to test the product.  My only suggestion would be, have a MOD help you get in touch with the MGS staff and take it through the proper channels.  They have ways of choosing testers to reduce the risk of trolling for both you and MGS.

Thank you for the input.  I appreciate it. If anyone can help me out with this process just let me know.

Edited by Tc3cars

I can definitely see the appeal of just keeping it in your bag.  Never have to worry about having a device charged or remembering to grab a power bank.  One of those products that seems like you'd never use it, until you need to use it.  For what it is the price seems pretty decent too.  Congrats on how far you've gotten with this and I hope you do well.

I'm not really your target demographic, I have two carts that I built and I put USB ports in to both of them so I'm covered there.  I have plenty of buddies I golf with though that always ask if they can plug their phones in to my cart.  So there is definitely a market out there.

One question I do have though, does it still work with electric carts? Those could be 6v, 8v or 12v batteries and they are wired in series so not sure how that would play out.

• Love 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Thanks for the great response and support.  Ob electric carts you just have to connect both clips to the same battery.  To avoid getting the full series of charge.  We have the directions on the packaging. 

Thanks for the great response and support.  Ob electric carts you just have to connect both clips to the same battery.  To avoid getting the full series of charge.  We have the directions on the packaging. 

While that would work for 12v or 6v batteries, what do you do when riding in a cart with 8v batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Honestly I didnt know golf carts came with 8 volt batteries

I don't think they exist. All the carts I've seen are either 36v or 48v that are primarily run with 12v batteries

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Honestly I didnt know golf carts came with 8 volt batteries

Most 48v golf carts come with 6 8v batteries instead of 4 12v.

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

I have an electric club car with 4 12v batteries. I’m always needing to charge my phone or Bluetooth speaker. I have a power bank but like you it’s never charged or I forget it. I could definitely see me buying one of these.

• Like 1

CobraConnectChallenge3

Just connect both clips to one battery.  Trust me. Very handy.  Always there when I need it. I would love it if you would grab one off Amazon and tell me what you think.

Also whats great is the dual usb ports.  So you can charge your speaker and a phone.  

Edited by Tc3cars
  • Like 2

Most 48v golf carts come with 6 8v batteries instead of 4 12v.

You might want to recheck that. All the EZ Go carts around here are set up for 4 - 12v. Maybe a one off brand that uses 8v?

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

You might want to recheck that. All the EZ Go carts around here are set up for 4 - 12v. Maybe a one off brand that uses 8v?

36v carts are usually six 6v batteries.  48v carts are either four 12v or six 8v.  EZGO uses 12v, Yamaha and Club Car use 8v

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s