TESTERS WANTED! ×

TaylorMade M2 Warranty is amazing! UPDATE

DaJoeyNJ

My 2017 M2 irons faces were caving in again. This was the second set I have recieved from Taylormade. I returned them to my local Dicks Sporting Goods for some help. They contacted Taylormade and the remedy this time was replacement with M6's! I have to say I was very disappointed in the quality of the M2 irons, even though I really liked the clubs, but Taylormade really impressed me by standing behind their product.  In fact they made it more than right. 

Now should I keep these or trade in the M6 for P790'S 🤣🤣🤣

**UPDATE

So when I orginally brought in my M2 to Dicks to be warrantied, I talked to the pro about paying the difference to upgrade to the P790'S. Taylormade said yes and no upcharge. Well the clubs arrived as M6. No worries when I picked the M6 still happy. Manager spoke to me the next day and said I wasn't supposed to pick those up! When the M6 arrived he call Taylormade and they are sending out P790's now as they promised. I should get them today or tomorrow!

Edited by DaJoeyNJ

:callaway-small: EPIC FLASH SZ 9 Stiff Project X HZARDS SMOKE stiff 70g

:callaway-small: EPIC 18 Rogue MAX 75g stiff

:taylormade-small: M1 (2016) 4H Fuji Pro Stiff  

:taylormade-small: P760 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 Stiff

SM6 52° degree F-Grind 8 Bounce  MD3 56° S-Grind 10 Bounce  RTX-3 60° 10 Bounce

:odyssey-small: O-Works R-Line w/SS 2.0

That's amazing! I had two shafts snap above the grips on my 6 iron and sand wedge of my Ping i3 Blades about 8 years ago. I lived in Mesa, AZ at the time so I took them to the Ping factory and dropped then off for repair. They called a couple days later to pick them up. When I got there they reshafted all my irons and didn't charge me. Good companies treat you right.

Sent using the MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:    :ping-small: i20 8.5*, Project X Blue, stiff

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: i210's 4-UW

Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 55* :callaway-small: MD3 Milled S Grind 60* 

Putter:    :ping-small: B60i Isopur

Yep, I caved in my M5 last week and TM are sending out a new one.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Yep, I caved in my M5 last week and TM are sending out a new one.

That’s awesome!

The only thing my swing speed will cave in is a plastic milk jug

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

They always do this and give you the latest set that is closest to yours. Its great unless its something that redesigned. Had the RS1 and the sent M2, hated the M2s for 2 years before getting rid of them

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

24 minutes ago, ole gray said:

That’s awesome!

The only thing my swing speed will cave in is a plastic milk jug emoji16.png

Empty or full? 😉

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Empty or full? 😉

Empty of course.... lol 😆

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

That's great!  I had a similar experience years ago with a cleveland hi bore hybrid.  The face got a hole in it and about 4 weeks later, I had a brand new one with shaft and grip of my choice.  I didn't know enough about shafts at that point, so I simply went with a stock stiff shaft.  Oh well.  

Have not had issues with other brands so I cannot speak to customer service, but I'd imagine it's pretty strong for other companies as well because they'd really be losing a customer for life.  Even though that's probably not a huge blow to their bottom line, if enough people have that bad experience.....

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I have only ever had great experiences with Taylormade. Most of the time they let you keep the clubs if you send them pics while you wait for the replacements to come in. I have heard Callaway and PING are also top notch!

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

UPDATE to the update 

Well Taylormade screwed up and I am not getting the P790'S, they instead sent me the P760's,!!!

Holy crap these are beautiful sexy little things. I will be doing a full review on them soon. 

20190524_175621.jpg

13 hours ago, DaJoeyNJ said:

UPDATE to the update 

Well Taylormade screwed up and I am not getting the P790'S, they instead sent me the P760's,!!!

Holy crap these are beautiful sexy little things. I will be doing a full review on them soon. 

20190524_175621.jpg

So, it took about 12 days? They said I won't get the driver until the 31st, which I thought was a bit of a long time.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

14 hours ago, MattF said:

So, it took about 12 days? They said I won't get the driver until the 31st, which I thought was a bit of a long time.

All in all it took about 24 days but that is because they screwed up and they are custom length clubs

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven’t read all replies yet but I too purchased M2 irons in 2017, 12 months later my 5 iron was coming away from the shaft, upon taking it back to American Golf (UK) the store assistant noticed it had face cave before spotting the hosel issue, I’d never heard of face cave before. After checking other clubs 3 more had the same issue. 

Taylormade replaced the M2’s with M4’s straight away and I was happy. Until back in July when again the 5 iron was coming away again, I was very near the end of my warranty but they agreed to repair all the clubs by re-gluing the heads. Yesterday I was at my local range and after 1 swing of my PW I had to have the range closed and walk 125yds to retrieve the head off the range. 

As  I’m out of warranty now, and after an email to the UK head office they have offered me 2 options. 1. Repair my M4’s and extend my warranty by 12 months. 2. A new set of M6’s but no warranty. 

I’m not sure what to do tbh. 

I haven’t read all replies yet but I too purchased M2 irons in 2017, 12 months later my 5 iron was coming away from the shaft, upon taking it back to American Golf (UK) the store assistant noticed it had face cave before spotting the hosel issue, I’d never heard of face cave before. After checking other clubs 3 more had the same issue. 
Taylormade replaced the M2’s with M4’s straight away and I was happy. Until back in July when again the 5 iron was coming away again, I was very near the end of my warranty but they agreed to repair all the clubs by re-gluing the heads. Yesterday I was at my local range and after 1 swing of my PW I had to have the range closed and walk 125yds to retrieve the head off the range. 
As  I’m out of warranty now, and after an email to the UK head office they have offered me 2 options. 1. Repair my M4’s and extend my warranty by 12 months. 2. A new set of M6’s but no warranty. 
I’m not sure what to do tbh. 

Get the M6. I had pretty good success fitting it this year and there are no more face slots. I really didn’t give M4 to any fast swingers because of the face caving issue. I don’t think that TM has had anywhere near the problems with M6 than the previous 2 irons.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a set of hardly used M2s r ejected for trade due to this issue...I didn't even know about it, but now that  its been pointed out, can see the start of the damage.

Anybody know the contact at Taylormade to start the swap out process?? Phone, email?