TESTERS WANTED! ×

Spitgate: Tiger fined for spitting

72strokes

http://72strokes.com/2011/02/spitgate-tiger-fined-for-spitting/

Spitgate: Tiger fined for spitting

by DEREK on FEBRUARY 14, 2011

tiger-spitting.jpg

Tiger Woods was fined an undisclosed amount by the European Tour today for spitting on the 12th green yesterday at the Dubai Desert Classic.

Commentator Ewen Murray was less than amused:

It's disgusting what he's just done there. You look at his work ethic and he's a credit to the game and an inspiration to all of us who are trying to be professional golfers, but some parts of him are arrogant and petulant.

Was it wrong? Yes. But it wasn't as bad as

a few years ago. I suspect that it was just a moment of inattention rather than a display of arrogance.

Golfers spit all over the course. They may not show it on TV, but it happens all the time. It's just that usually they have enough good sense not to do it on the greens in front of a bunch of cameras.

For his part, Tiger apologized via Twitter:

The Euro Tour is right – it was inconsiderate to spit like that and I know better. Just wasn't thinking and want to say I'm sorry.

Derek

72strokeslogo_green.jpg

As a fellow Professional, I think its disgusting. I'm a big Tiger fan but he really hasn't done anything to help the image there :-(

The fine is irrelevant, not sure what the Dubians will think, they pay him big $$ to come over and he spits on their golf course on live TV. Things can be taken very differently in other countries.

"The more I practice the luckier I get" - Gary Player

R1, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
RBZ, 14.5, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
R11 17 & 22 Rescues, Motore F3 S flex
Rocketbladez Tour irons, 5 - PW,
ATV 50,54,Tour preferred 58 wedges
Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Pretty much a non-issue: at least he owned up to it and apologized.

I agree, that isn't a big deal but i guess its a wake up call to realize where you are and understand how to act in different countries, places or cultures. All in all, it boils down to respect others.

Its good he apologized though and stood up to his responsibility.

Pretty much a non-issue: at least he owned up to it and apologized.

you just have to think if you were playing behind him, lining up a 10foot putt and there is a nice pile of gob on the line of your putt. im sure he would have something to say if it were the other way around. im still hoping he makes a god comeback, but while he keeps doing things like this he will only loose fans and the respect of his fellow pro's.

Nice one Muttley "god comback" yip about right ... well I think he thinks he is a God ... my view was to forget about his private life as that is for him to worry over. However what he does on the golf course is something I can comment on. For me I was hoping he would come back to his best, however all i have seen is a spoiled brat, me me mee ... bashing clubs in the ground ... swearing his head off ... leaving a whole group of kids that had been waiting for him in a cordend off area and just walk striaght past without even looking... now after the spit I hope he never wins again, just imagin if Rory had come behind him and had to place his marker or ball right in the middle of it ... as he would have to as I do not think he would get a ruling to place his marker or ball away from it ... then he had to pick the marker or ball up ... ughhh ... As for respect of the other pro's ... well they did respect his golf game ... not the man himself i would think ... now it looks like the golf game is going the same way as his personality ... rock bottom ...

Archived