TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Tour Edge EXS Driver

Follow our three testers of the Tour Edge EXS Driver as they bring you all the details and performance of this under the radar driver.  Will it perform for them, does it sound like a driver that would fit your game?  They will leave no stone un-turned or ball un-hit in the effort to bring you a in depth and fully unbiased review of the driver.

They will start with their Stage Ones which give you a good look at the brand new driver and tell you about their games.   While they are putting the driver in play over the next month to six weeks, they will update this thread with their thoughts and be available to answer any questions the community may have.  So fire away with anything you want to know about the Tour Edge EXS!

drivertoe_1400x.jpg?v=1551731635

@Badams69                                         Stage 1                                       Stage 2

@03trdblack                                          Stage 1                                          Stage 2

@ZJBogey2                                            Stage 1                                       Stage 2

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

STAGE 1 - BUDDY 5/28

Twitter - @BuddyRi56658612

Instagram - buddyrich8

Hi guys, I want to thank MGS for selecting me to review one of the products this year!  I am excited to be chosen for this driver in particular on the heels of reading about it and being quite intrigued.  

I must point out that I have yet to have much experience with this driver other than holding it, taking photos of it, and trying to figure out “why does this club feel so odd”.   Aha ..... the driver I received and the subsequent replacement shaft that I received both had the driver measuring at 44” playing length requested. (explanation to followWhich turns out to be exactly as requested by me.  I was wrong in thinking my current driver was under 45".  It is at minimum 45.5 and I like it, but have always thought it was cut short as per my request when I changed from Rogue to HZRDUS. That request was not granted accurately. 

vPrwBxUrECeivCvMrAelHcg2SQcSihqKiUXfzxhPtG3i_ORKw1QY_1_bU23Ifp_oPDDA--G5ntTXDSJMk0LEOUNGCEf65EDHA7GqAkaXIpnRzMjMnvhx0VdE3oQca-wcarHQrbTkV3ayFUQIeHW6bkIUHyYpAWHxcP018VbDEkLow5boq3ZfVMXd162CWb7VLvweh_vLEqop6_B5q2XBan6hiNffacXGhnaLa2bYBBsv_gXz9evJBhsq-SnH_E-xT6ERsvLRbbjd97l5-FC53KqDMgnDch5kJpsXT0yaEGA1Rvq93MC0D7coG5lCYHb6nnNKo7hdzwhse6DcUpExKOo7oUn1AkpfQg0FVuEtT1zKil4mC8VHAzOJySj29aCbUyQxKUOAnMx4QdWp6SCEmEIrwHx-s7PTKwfnYX0OP2UPs5fXZ391MHTp35LgBkNx7mY4K-6ztGgHYx47U_k4NrkC8X9PoT7Qj7Fiu67wpXw8ijpHLbPKJKDRHhh7rLMq9xgUcHnoE32KWjlxRj9LRSflaky0H4ze

My current profession is High School Golf Coach which is enjoyable overall.

As for me and my game - I’ve been playing since 6 or so and have enjoyed spells of pretty solid golf and experienced spells of horrific golf as well while chasing new techniques or some magic move to change my fortunes forever.  Hdcp has been generally mid to lower single digits until about 5 years ago. Since then it is a bit more hit and miss 86 one day, 73 the next with neither day looking like the same person.

I’m 48 years old and definitely not the tallest cat around coming in at around 5’5”.  As I’ve aged with scoliosis(fusion and steel rod) sometimes I have trouble getting things moving to begin the day.  With all that said, my driver SS comes in around 105 average. 102 when back is acting up and 108-ish when I’m able to get the body moving well.  My better ball flight is med/high draw with a tournament safe drive that is a bit lower draw to chase fairways. My miss is the common low hook or block right.  

When going right tempo is quicker than most(think Nick Price if Nick Price were having a very bad day).  When going wrong tempo is spastic.

m8IppM6Zxp_-CnEhRWx4Hz162amrPYhutg0FmyIWCack57vlGj378_cm0I9sqsAy0ltrgjQJm3DxsV1KLea_x1nsdEmVuxd1d9cgy9aTDS753-Lo1BE6JrqKEb7CsrMtpoZiU0Jf

I only get to play a few times every couple of months during the school year so most of my rounds are between May and September these days.  It is my plan to get things going this year and hope that the TE EXS driver is a big contributor to this bounce back season!

Currently I am playing with M1(original model) with ProjectX HZRDUS Red 6.0 62g.  I enjoy this setup better than any other I’ve used since my 983k moons ago. I would guess my average driver these days is in the 255-270 range depending on various factors.  I have general confidence in what I have now so to switch to the the EXS it will mean it really is what they say!

What I look forward to discovering is whether the EXS will allow me to go after driver as aggressively as I want without losing connection with the shaft while also allowing me to dial it back 20-30yds and simply hit a low draw that chases center cut. Also if the forgiveness is as good as advertised!!!

Oops - almost forgot …….

The setup that I requested has Tensei CK Blue shaft in stiff 60 grams at 44”, I chose the basic Lamkin stock UTX grip.  

kePHkjhzQDi_ynW_OfGG4_tijMpeyM5C16DGtpRRUAPIWcwIyUmcCalVZQpjYeLoMYcLZoSkHXOod0tO0DBkp4Yy8Sxxi_uprd_zud6Lv3Hx3JP2RdG1XM7dMcH_s2nGOXxoPiUKAzFi0B85upOT6il6a4rVS4wehKDJt83CynXf6fkiD1dTAYEuJ9YA_FuPLFjgdpDW1miZtUnejHlOyH87maz2BJbguRXcArbz6qDdEUNwRDJef57MvaPuN9pG-2oNnb6ZQcaISOF2

This is a very attractive driver and has quite a bit of adjustment capability as well.  

The three areas of intrigue to me when it comes to the tech in this driver are the

• ROLLFACE TECHNOLOGY (incorporates modified bulge & roll on the toe to help straighten out shots)

• VARIABLE FACE THICKNESS(variance in thickness to increase forgiveness)

• SLIPSTREAM SOLE(increased swing speed - I need that !!!)

-hqgZt97JRQiZZkhCqXrdbwKFnKRFfiX6_2Hg-kqwi9kKPvt9LSkFRLw-q7tJzxgtzy_ub9r1Veov6-t30KvOo6jIfSAsCKU8UEmB0M9x2C0cvmzC9_VwUGrl4aWRLAnGCxUWukr

Hope to get the opportunity to share with you guys how well they work for me relative to my current M1 setup.

I have put TOUR EDGE and MGS folks through the paces so far with shaft length snafu, and I couldn't be more impressed.  Thank you all.

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

FW: Adams XTD Speedline 3W

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams and Callaway  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Callaway CF19 (4-P)   /   CF16 (4-AW)  /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)   /   Tommy Armour 845s (3-W)

WEDGES: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES  /   Cleveland CG14 50*, 56*    /  Smartsole  56*   /  RTX4 56*  /   NIKE VR 56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / couple of Odyssey No. 2's

BALLS:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

Stage Two - The Review 7/15/2019

TOUR EDGE EXS DRIVER – Official MGS Forum Review by badams69

Intro

This review is entered with mixed emotions for me.  I fully intended to film and spend loads of time with this club but that never materialized for a variety of reasons. But I hope something I share helps at least one of you in deciding whether this is a club you should look at or not. 

Spoiler alert: …. This is a solid golf club.

It took awhile for me to get going with the EXS mostly due to my error when initial club was delivered. Then - good news for me, bad for my review, I guess.  I became a candidate to take over a fairly prominent high school golf program. This kept me away from the golf course until late last week for several process related reasons until becoming the final choice late last week.  It has been all golf since.  

My initial intro to the to the EXS was horrendous and I almost just sent it back.  First three on course tee shots were in a tournament and all resulted in penalty on holes I didn’t know could be penal. So I reconstructed my setup and swing and made adjustments in the settings (tried ‘em all) and the results are as follows:

Looks (9 out of 10 points) Not perfect but CLOSE!

• The shape of the driver to my eye is very positive. It is a mix of pear and extended but it did take a bit of getting used to - after which time it is a nice sight. 

• The graphics of the club are classic mixed with energetic/modern - very good color scheme and placement of graphics in my opinion.

• Overall the look of the driver head is very pleasing - I personally do not like the shaft color and that is a large part of the point deduction (I realize it is not the EXS driver - but that is their only stock offering - so it kinda is a part of the equation)

• For drivers in this price range it is superior! For drivers at any price point it stands up tall - unless it simply doesn’t suit your eye.  Ideally, for my eye, the looks would be slightly more classic but that isn’t the golf world we are in today. Please don't infer that this is an offensive club head, just stating my druthers.

Sound & Feel (9 out of 10 points)

• I found the sound of this driver to be at worst unobtrusive and at best quite nice.  I prefer a muted thwack sound but also nice to have enough sound to draw attention - when you nail it!!!! The EXS has both !!!!

• The best way I can describe it - if some drivers are an old rusty truck door slamming - this is a lexus securely slamming shut. Others may disagree.

• As for feel until I finally caught one I wasn’t sure what to think. I could tell I hit it but always wondered “is that it???” ..........  THEN  F I N A L L Y - BOOM!!!! - it was like a cushioned dynamic shock.  Felt splendid and powerful!!!

• In my opinion mishits were not as pronounced as an M1 but maybe more noticeable than I expected.  It was less consistent across the face than I expected but more consistent than prior PING, CALLAWAY and Taylormade drivers I have used. (prior models)

• When I hit a shot 8/10 and up it is a very workable and useful club, on the lesser shots I really felt they were surprisingly weak at impact - I have no proof - but I sense this is the shaft more than the head.

HSO1ZvJGratW150SRlvaBqm0TaOeXHp9bBU7RnYpGjQc-p_ocJ3xNFen8r4qay2oTsOhlkl4DKLQIu1zvuHaWCj5W39Y41_Qcd_7G_TvBbf8A0SH_59XdEzUsADBQZtOIQVRwGuvtResFhLLBT_xJU4CSAmUHOyzJvHQsGP3X4qLNJXCOfeMnqyvYsGjEJcZkspWfk0fjw0I90dP0EQzEpM81xq-tmXLlchKEIUikEOu1dLaisl5Saj5SH78kztQx84aMbpcp4llBIOq

Two of my best drives during brief play.  Hit another 323 but shotscope registered it to the M1 (hit them both but M1 went in creek forty yards ahead.

This chart plots just over 30 tee shots -the shortest is 234 and longest with EXS is the just shy of 331 above.

WW6wseIJyK0NkD7PMgK08I55EJUBd4lJmpf3MLAqE3TSjzzogvt0PFi_7uCd38to5CobDkPzsHCQBPruWf2JPIqZ4G9evS5L0p7xlMlEWjT1RJA3wufbvnwPjh-HbbmJhXhJnPEE

All of my better drives with the EXS were hit after I changed to NEUTRAL (9deg /57.0deg lie angle) setting with 3gram in the heel and 9g in the rear.  This takes out a lot of the slice prevention which I do not need.

Basic Characteristics (17 out of 20 points) (one point off for every 10 yds off M1 average - petty I know)

• Personally I like the flight of the ball off of this driver more than I do with my M1 it is much flatter but not sinking.  I never noticed the ball getting too high with this club no matter the setting I tried. 

• My pattern is straight(my fade) but mostly right to left, I did not have success hitting a fade with this club but am thinking that will come in time as I have been able to draw it when I want (and hook when I don’t want) more than my current driver which is basically one speed - straight---fall left.

• I personally found this driver to be very accurate when struck reasonably well. No worse and likely better than my current club.

• The distance with this club is solid.  I have some data that shows what I consider to be serviceable distance numbers for an old guy like me. Average distance with this club on shotscope is about 263yds.  During those rounds I hit M1 three times --- averaging 297. Once I tagged both on the same hole and same line and M1 was 40yds ahead - mentioned above. 

• I felt this club is most likely more forgiving than my M1 but cannot state that for certain as I had several mishits that didn’t achieve more than 225 yds which is hard to live with. This I would more attribute to my mixing two swings at once - which we all know doesn't work well.🤔

• Regarding adjustability - I finally figured out my ideal setting within the last round and a half I played prior to this writing.  I will say that I tried several and can attest that each adjustment did have a significant impact on all facets from timing/release to flight pattern.  My regret is that it took me so long to get that aspect dialed it. It was a hook machine in these hands before that.

• BE SURE TO MOVE THE WEIGHTS AROUND!!! This had the greatest impact for me.

• Would I want this club in my hand under pressure?  Today- NO. In three weeks - most definitely! There is nothing about this club that makes me doubt that I can hit the shot I would want with a few more reps. Even though I don't love the shaft.

• Would I play it over my current club? …… yes/no is all the same to me as each provides different positives and negatives.  I am pleased with this club head in most every way. It is solid and I sense it is more forgiving than my current driver and distance is fine for me.  If I were “gaming” this club I feel I can shoot good scores with (not in spite of) this driver.

• What I wish were different in this driver:  1. A different shaft choice.  The shaft is decent but not optimal for someone who at times wants to get on with it and tends to be a little quick. 2. More distance (which may be a shaft related issue). 

• NUMBERS??? I went to the PGA Superstore and below are my numbers for those of you that may have similar numbers it may help you.  - In fairness this was on a day where my back was stiff and I ultimately had to delete my first 35 shots and chose the only few that I was able to make reasonable contact after getting slightly loose. Three straight days of golf caught up to me.

yk-OOzlSrxqSj5vblOUcofloLlNXqiBGVbC-m_yJHE_tQDDMTK1mvquAADLJMuUxkQHp7AdSKnYxna5ikvKIHCP24h3bdV_TDRCYwwFw-Hn-xjeLyOt796wj_JjoB_cJcO0m3FRZ

On-Course Performance (25 out of 30 points)

• This is not a club I would, as of today, feel comfortable ‘going after it’ to get more distance.  In fairness this may be related to my swing insecurities - but I don’t have those insecurities when holding my current gamer.  Using the EXS did not change my strategy or goals on any tee box and I never felt as if my game was suffering for using this club.  There are a few times I felt I was benefitting from this club in my hand which asked me to manage my swing a bit more. One of my main goals when it came to this testing was to see if I could hit my version of a “fairway finder” and that came up on the last hole I’ve played with it. I choked down, cut my swing down and although I just knew it was likely doing to be a smothered hook - everything worked out perfect. 

• Why 5 points off? Well, if you got a new driver wouldn't you want it to add to your game rather than just not disrupt it? I just didn't feel it added anything - but if this changes, I'll update.

Miscellaneous (9 out of 10 points)

I will say thank you to EXS for being so good to me during my mistake - not theirs.  The point here is simply because I did not receive a little card that outlined the adjustments (what the settings were).  I didn’t understand why in three shipments I didn't get one.   Also as pointed out previously - I am not a fan of the shaft and really don’t understand in the golf world we are in today - how you could offer only one shaft at no upgrade charge.  This isn’t 1985 or 2005(won't list ALL the years it isn't). 

Play it or Trade it? (19 out of 20 points)

I am going to PLAY this club until it tells me where it wants to be (in bag or garage) and although this is STAGE 2, I intend to post how that goes.  In reality I have only played three rounds with this club and have an ok average for distance and when put on the monitor my peak performance shows numbers that I feel are solid.  When I get an opportunity to do so and wife isn’t looking, I’ll be replacing this shaft. It is not taking place of M1 yet but just may - more to golf than distance (thank goodness or many of us would have to quit).

Image below shows Shotscope average from EXS and M1 - I only hit M1(297) three times though. Same courses. The EXS (263) average is factoring in a lot of mishits.  I didn’t mishit the M1 on any of the three.

ovRjjyr0muvQemQkMZleK8cpUKyGZilg4iGEA847fKLfEXLkf7yoXJu884a5U6x2e20ITWhVeBeALtmp4IXyEQfUJrWDU9qxVFRQawb7IIuWamhMp0T35eCRieG4qPFC4DF3Ptm8

Conclusion

In conclusion - is this the best driver on the market for me or you? 

MAYBE - and certainly worth a shot!

Yes or No would depend solely on what you like and how you feel about the $$ value of a driver.  Also whether or not you buy used or new.

If it were me and I were in the market for a new purchase and $300 seems like a lot, then $550 or $650 is really going to hurt and based on my experience isn’t going to change your results much - provided you get the right shaft. 

I coach a golf team and if any of our players said they were looking at this club or had purchased this club it would be met with enthusiasm (with the shaft caveat mentioned already).

Final Score: (88 out of 100 points)

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

FW: Adams XTD Speedline 3W

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams and Callaway  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Callaway CF19 (4-P)   /   CF16 (4-AW)  /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)   /   Tommy Armour 845s (3-W)

WEDGES: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES  /   Cleveland CG14 50*, 56*    /  Smartsole  56*   /  RTX4 56*  /   NIKE VR 56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / couple of Odyssey No. 2's

BALLS:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

Stage Two - The Review 6/27/19

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver – Official MGS Forum Review by 03TRDBlack

Intro

I’ve been giving this driver a serious amount of play and practice time for this review.  This is mostly unheard of for me since I have so many clubs floating around my house and I love trying new things.  I’ve even completely disassembled and put back together the EXS driver in order to learn everything about its construction as well as customize it to best perform for my game.  Overall, I’ve been extremely impressed by this club’s performance and can safely say it can compete with any club on the market if it fits your game.  I was lucky the stock Tensei Blue works fairly well for my swing.  I think the major thing this club has against it is the lack of fitting options as well as places out there that will properly fit it (or even carry it in the store).  Throughout my Stage 2 review, I have to keep in mind how I want to rate this club.  For some of the “negatives” I could easily overlook them due to the price point of this club whereas if I was reviewing a $500+ driver they would be an issue.

Looks (8 out of 10 points) 

The EXS has a slightly triangular shape to it, similar to the Callaway Fusion driver from a few years ago.  The main difference is that the face looks slightly longer from heel to toe than it looks deep from front to back if that makes any sense.  This makes the head look less pulled back than the Callaway Fusion.  I’ve included some crude drawings as a comparison.  Obviously, these are exaggerations but it’s the impression I get when I look down at each of the heads. I actually prefer the more stretched back look of the Fusion triangular shape so I deducted a point for that.

EXS shape example:

2118197557_EXSTriangleExample.png.99d3b1df1379971157b92a8e8d607afb.png

Callaway Fusion shape example:

1212805814_FusionTriangleExample.png.e1a1863e25afda9b220de8af47770a73.png

IMG_20190507_160109.thumb.jpg.5264871a112cf6f04dbdc55b9a967f8b.jpg

Everything else about the looks of this club are top notch.  The finish looks ultra premium with all the carbon fiber and blue colored paint trim.  The black/blue color scheme looks really classy with the shade of royal blue giving just the right amount of color pop without being too over the top.  My only small observation about the finish of the club was the slightly sloppy glue around the edges of the carbon fiber plates on the sole.  You really had to look closely to notice this though, but I would have probably seen this if it was sitting on the shelf at the golf store and deducted another point for it.

Sound & Feel (7 out of 10 points)

As it does with most clubs, the sound and feel changes with this driver depending on what type of ball you are hitting with it.  It has a much more higher pitched metallic sound than all of the carbon fiber would lead you to believe it would have.  I wouldn’t call it clanky sounding but if you hit a harder two piece range ball or a harder compression ball, the sound can get a little higher pitched and a touch on the hollow sounding side.  When playing my normal urethane gamer balls though, the sound is just fine and not offending at all.  The sound also changes depending on where you make contact so I could easily tell where my mis hits were based on the tone of the strike.  I did end up adding just a few grams of hot melt to the inside of the head which just help to take the edge off of the higher pitch when hitting harder golf balls. I usually don’t mind a louder sounding driver as long as the pitch isn’t offensive but overall I prefer a slightly more muted “thwack” sound.  Compared to something like the Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, this club sounded fantastic!  

Basic Characteristics (17 out of 20 points).

I’m going to bullet point the next section for ease of reading:

• Trajectory – Quite a bit lower than I expected for the default 9.5* setting w/ a mid launch shaft.  I was hitting low-mid bullets with the standard setting out of the box.  I usually play 9-9.5* drivers and sometimes have to adjust them a little lower depending on the club but I had to adjust this club UP to the +1 setting at 10.5*.  Once I moved the loft up a degree I was very surprised at how high I was hitting tee shots and it was way above my normal flight window.  This initially concerned me but when I saw where my shots were landing, I was really surprised.  The trajectory was high but the shots didn’t balloon which tells me the spin was under control.   MyGolfSpy just released their center of gravity reports for this year and stated that the EXS measured in at a lower than stated loft of 9* instead of 9.5 so maybe I have a lower lofted club as well.  If that is true then I guess I might have it set on 10*. The higher setting gave me approx. 5-8 yards additional carry over the standard setting.  
  • Workability – I really don’t try and “work” my driver but I didn’t have any trouble hitting cuts with this club.  Since I adjusted the loft up a degree it closed the face.  I usually play a pretty straight shot to a slight fade so the closed face kept me hitting a straight ball.  I also had the heavy weight in the draw setting to minimize a right miss.
  • Accuracy – I felt this club had great accuracy and had no problem hitting it exactly where I wanted to.  It was very reliable and with the closed face I was able to clear my body out and not worry about losing it right.  I was surprised that the MOI numbers when the weight was in the draw setting (6962 combined – similar to the Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero) weren’t that high compared to a lot of the current drivers on the market this year.  When the weight is in the back position the MOI goes up quite a bit more (7493 combined) and sits in the same company as the Titleist TS3 and Tommy Armour Atomic drivers.  The COG is very close the neutral axis with the weight in the rear which would explain the lower spin rates.

468407620_EXSMOIChart.png.1c460f67405ffb3ad1a02ad77c704238.png

• Distance – Not the longest driver I’ve hit this year but definitely not the shortest either.  It comfortably sits at the upper range of my distance zone and I don’t feel I’m giving up anything in terms of usable yardage on the golf course.  I’ve hit a few bombs with this club but the BEST part is the distance is extremely reliable and consistent.  I practically hit the same carry numbers no matter where I miss shots on the face.  So far this year the Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero has been my longest club and the Cobra F9 has been best on shots hit lower on the face.
  • Forgiveness – I can mis hit this club and it still will get strong, consistent distance which tells me the ballspeed stays high on a lot of the face.  Shots hit lower on the face don’t spin up too much either.  I was really surprised at how well low heel shots seemed to perform since those usually end up as a weaker fade flight.  The center of gravity report showed the COG to be slightly heel side of center which would definitely help with that low heel shot.  Shots hit high on the toe don’t feel good but fly high and come off with very low spin so carry a long way.    
  • Adjustability – Same adjustability as almost every club out today.  Easy to change the hosel neck sleeve as well as swap around the two weights.  The weights do see to be quite slim and you have to be careful to not cross thread them.
  • Pressure – As I mentioned above, this club is very, very reliable.  I’ve been able to configure the club to work perfectly with my swing which makes hitting it automatic.  I know exactly how far shots are going to carry and can easily rely on it to carry trouble at certain distances.  I did have to initially get over looking down at a closed club face but now I use it as a swing thought to clear my lower body all the way through so that it won’t go left.
  • I was very pleased with the clubs overall looks and consistent distance performance. It’s an accurate and reliable performer that I have no problem playing round after round with. 
  • If I was to refine it just a little further, I would say that spin could still probably be slightly lower but the stock stiff shaft might just be on the border of too soft for my swing speed.  I would also shape the head just a little bit less triangular and try to find a head that had the loft I needed but with a square club face.  The sound could also be a little less hollow with harder golf balls.  These are all minor things that don’t overshadow the performance.

On-Course Performance (25 out of 30 points)

I’ve been tracking my distances with ShotScope and have posted a few of those rounds throughout the review thread.  Overall, I’ve averaged 256.47 yards for all the shots I’ve hit with the Exotcs EXS.  When I first received the driver I was averaging between 100-103mph clubhead speed but since the weather has warmed up and I’ve continued to work out with the Superspeed program I’m now averaging between 105-109 mph with an occasion of seeing 112mph on my swing radar.  Had I known I would be swinging faster I would have requested the X flex shaft and possibly been able to squeeze out a few more yards with lower spin.

IMG_20190523_180127.thumb.jpg.c3ea0620384acb4f673a2d16568bd518.jpg  

Bottom line is this club performs and has been a real joy to test.  It’s easy to hit, reliable and does everything I need it to during a round of golf.  Honestly, I probably wouldn’t have given it much of a look in a store (although not many stores near me even carry it) but I’m very happy to recommend it to anyone I talk to about it. Tour Edge has always made solid golf products and their drivers are often overlooked.  

I really like the amount of adjustability in this club and was lucky that it mostly fit me and my swing.  I think if they offered some toe side weighting it would appeal to the audience that doesn’t want to see shots going left.  This is obviously a smaller audience since most golfers’ slice but it would broaden the appeal regardless.  They could also stand to slim down their shaft adapter as it’s pretty chunky and probably weights quite a bit. 

I can’t really say that this club improved my game a whole lot over any other driver as I’m a pretty decent ball striker and tend to hit drivers really well.  It didn’t boost my distance over any other club on the market so I didn’t gain any advantage there either but I can say that I was so reliable with this club that I rarely if ever got into much trouble or hit any wild shots.  I’ve had some clubs in the past where I felt like I put a good swing on the ball but looked up to find a crazy looking shot shape or trajectory.  I NEVER ONCE had that issue with this driver.

Miscellaneous (10 out of 10 points)

Not sure there was anything I really needed to add here that I haven’t already stated above.  You’re getting fantastic value for money with the EXS.

Play it or Trade it? (10 out of 20 points)

I had to score this one a little lower.  If I only had the budget that this club costs and I had to have a new club then I would easily pick this club up.  The biggest problem is I can only say that after testing it as much as I’ve been able to.  Given the limited distribution of Tour Edge drivers, most golfers aren’t going to be able to test this club or even have a chance to hit it.  There are so many good drivers out on the market in the past few years that it’s impossible to say one driver is miles ahead of any other.  This club didn’t gain me any major distance nor did it make my score go up or down.  It’s a fantastic performer and can hang with anything on the market but doesn’t really stand out over anything else other than in price.  It’s a great performing, reliable and affordable workhorse of a driver.  Tour Edge Exotics have next to no resale value in the used market and people wanting to save even more money will probably be able to get this club used for even less than it already costs new in a very short time.  

Now that I’ve written my review, I may try and grab an X flex shaft and see if I can squeeze a little more out of this club in the warmer Summer season.  It should continue to be a fun experiment for a clubmaker and tinkerer like myself.

Conclusion
The major take away from this driver review is that you shouldn’t be afraid that you’re going to give up something by spending less money for this club.  If you fit into the stock shaft choice, this club will meet or exceed the performance of most all other drivers in the marketplace today.  If you were in the market to spend $500+ on a driver and you like the look and feel of this driver, BUY IT and have some money left over to upgrade the shaft to something that might fit your game.  My final score number for this review seems lower than this club deserves but I’d recommend it to anyone.  

Final Score: (77 out of 100 points)

My bag is a revolving door!

Stage 1 - Zach - 5/22/19

Intro:

I started reading MGS regularly this past fall. This will be my first official MGS testing. Thank you MGS and Tour Edge for providing this great opportunity! This test stood out to me because of the price point being a value driver and my higher handicap. I want to provide real feedback for those higher handicaps that didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg for “new” tech.

My name is Zach aka @ ZJBogey2, 32 years young, and I play in the mile high city of Denver, CO, stretching down south to Castle Rock (6,224 feet above sea level). Yes, as I learned in youth baseball, the ball flies considerably further at altitude.  I’ve been playing putt putt for 25+ years and playing real golf for 5 years now. I grew up near some great public golf courses but never played…I take that back, one summer as a youngster I would try and smack some balls around the neighborhood park. I grew up playing just about every other sport at competitive levels, and was fortunate enough to receive a football scholarship for college.  The first time golfing was at my sister in-laws wedding, and I was upset my wife made me play. I didn’t kept score but it would have been 130+. I wasn’t obsessed immediately and would play occasionally, but the last 2 years I’ve become fully immersed in the golf world. I’m quick to remind my wife that it’s entirely her fault! 

1.thumb.jpg.c432ab997856e8914b6fb0175a2cae53.jpg

IMG-7115.JPG.fc4e07a8e970cec0bbe74e08394115bf.JPGMy 2.5 year old son is also addicted. We have a putting green in the backyard, basement hitting area, and PGA Tour Live/Golf Channel on 90% of the time (10% whatever Disney movie is the weekly flavor). Hopefully adding a SkyTrak this winter. It will be interesting to watch my son grow up around the game and see what path he chooses.

Prior to this year I was your average weekend golfer and played in a friendly work league. I’m self taught with tips from friends and family. This year I decided to join the local men’s league so I’ve added tournament golf to my weekly round. What use to be 10-15 rounds a summer is now more like 30-40 rounds. I also discovered YouTube and watch countless videos on every golf instructional topic imaginable. As a former collegiate athlete, I am competitive by nature. I love the game because of the unique challenges each round. I love practicing and the drive to get better so a range session is just as fun for me.

Personal Golf Stats:

My handicap was 22, but now after some bad tournament starts rose to 25.2. The goal this summer is to get it below 20. Most guys I play with in the men’s league are better than me. My work league, I’m middle of the pack. 

Swing tempo is on the faster end and continually remind myself to slow down. Driver swing speed hovers around 95-98, might push 100 on occasion as I’ve been taking lessons focusing on swing path and not coming over the top. Here is a swing video:

Typical ball is high with a slight fade with a typical miss being slice right. I get lazy and come over the top trying to overpower things. It would be tough to say I have a true strength compared to most. For those in 20+ handicap range, my iron play was my “strength” and I was terrified of Driver. I took some lessons this year solely hitting my 7/8 irons and now my strength is the driver/woods off the tee. I’m starting to get the irons back though after some increased focus. I’ll carry my driver 260+. Putting is average, mostly two putts. I’ve also discovered some consistency in my chipping gaining confidence around the green.

Current gamer is TaylorMade M2. I wasn’t fit for it, going to Golf Galaxy off the used rack. I’ve loved it for 12 rounds this year. My #1 priority with the driver is hit fairway taking penalty areas out of play, I’ll take chances, reaching the P5 in 2, but I’ve tried to focus on better course management to get my handicap down. Typical club into par 4s is a 9I (145).

First Impressions:

I won’t regurgitate the OEM claims (click here). The claims by the OEM I’ll be paying attention to and putting to the test over the next few months include:

• Flight Tuning System
  • RollFace Technology
  • SlipStream™ Sole

For some more info from MGS check out these links:

The box was sitting in my living room and my brother in-law asked what’s Tour Edge?

2.thumb.jpg.e70a5424c7ee8177fa1ce32f89d2dd2b.jpg

That was my initial thought as I was reading MGS. I remember seeing some signage at the local shops but hadn’t ever taken a look or hit a club. Cheap driver, cheap results right? I’ve always been drawn to the bigger brands. After reading up on drivers the last few months, I’m willing to look past brands.

Specs: 10.5 Loft / Mitsubishi CK Blue 60 Stiff Shaft / .25” long (45.75”) / Midsize Grip. There weren’t significant shaft options to choose from. I’m 6’4, a bigger/athletic build, so the stiff shaft and slight increase in shaft length really helped. Grip options were meh, I’ll be putting a GP Align eventually.

7.thumb.jpg.90f48faa2fbe45b6f245da6da34a68f4.jpg15.thumb.jpg.19ff9b8a7e4286804f537e1811b2ea15.jpg16.thumb.jpg.dc33a06192b2dfee3e26acee1662fd8c.jpg8.thumb.jpg.59c4907e5b3537075658d8d32d77796e.jpg

At first look, I was impressed with the aesthetics. It is a great looking driver, maybe I’m bias but I love the blue accents (my favorite color). It doesn’t look like a “value” priced driver that’s for sure.

5.thumb.jpg.4b76076e580498c486f2c81fb4a63be8.jpg14.thumb.jpg.c76644bda51086fcc361623d3e2027cb.jpg10.thumb.jpg.dcacb277f5bead4b82b961b3856ff970.jpg9.thumb.jpg.0bc77c42573f272bb3e32da03b3224d3.jpg11.thumb.jpg.b8e1e14ff382b5e6f31f45ca5515d6d9.jpg12.thumb.jpg.fa6e5e7d6a86b812425b876ac3fee8c2.jpg

Over the next handful of months, I will be testing the EXS on the range, on the course, with my SC200, and launch monitors at my local facilities as often as possible. I’ll throw on an Arccos to track stats as well. I fully intend to focus on evaluating the Tour Edge Claims and providing candid feedback to the MGS community, especially those higher handicappers where I can relate.

I’ve had it on the course twice and a few range sessions with promising results. The launch monitors and SC200 are ready to show me some data and validate the OEM claims. It hasn’t earned a spot in my bag permanently yet, but it has a chance…more to come!

Follow me on Instagram (@jones_zs) and Twitter (@Joneszs). I’ll be sure to post pics/videos of my rounds/swings there too. If there is anything specific you want to know or want me to test...don't hold back!

Edited by ZJBogey2

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

This should be a great review, Tour Edge has a reputation for great fairway woods. It's going to be interesting to see if a $299 driver can keep up with the more popular OEM's.

This is a great group of testers, and I can't wait to hear what y'all think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

This should be a great review...

...I can't wait to hear what y'all think.

Same here! Give us all the deets, guys - good and not so good 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

25 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

This should be a great review, Tour Edge has a reputation for great fairway woods. It's going to be interesting to see if a $299 driver can keep up with the more popular OEM's.

This is a great group of testers, and I can't wait to hear what y'all think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

So far my initial range sessions have been really impressive. It's definitely living up to the bang for the buck. More info coming soon... 

Can't wait to see how these stack up to your gamers.  Bring on the reviews!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I'm most interested too as I recently purchased one and it's been in play now perhaps 1.5 months and around 8-9 rounds. I keep telling myself to consider a little added weight in the rear port. My distance has increased which is good but I've decided that's mostly due to my lower ball flight. I ditched the stock Tensei Blue S shaft as it was a non-starter for me.

Good luck guys. I'll be watching and commenting. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

It really is refreshing in the world of $500+ drivers who all claim that looks and tech have to = $$$, to see those claims debunked with a driver like this. It really does have the potential to check all of the boxes. Can't wait to follow!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I hope it's ok for me to make comments about my EXS experience in this topic. I think you guys are going to like the EXS very much. Today I had my lowest round of the year so far. +2. I've been teetering on the brink of going low for the past few weeks. My game today was solid tee to green. But... my EXS set it all up. Who says it's bad to drive for show? I only had one bad tee shot all day where driver was used. Everything else with the EXS was long in the mow. I've suggested here in the forum and to myself to add a little more weight in the rear of the head but now I'm having reservations. I liked everything about my ball flight and distance today. Funny how a good ground changes your thoughts. But actually, my driving with the EXS has been generally good recently. Perhaps I'm finally beginning to grow into the club after a 5 year successful run with the SLDR. 

Let see you thoughts guys. I'm ready. 🏌️‍♂️

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

On 5/18/2019 at 1:06 PM, PlaidJacket said:

I'm most interested too as I recently purchased one and it's been in play now perhaps 1.5 months and around 8-9 rounds. I keep telling myself to consider a little added weight in the rear port. My distance has increased which is good but I've decided that's mostly due to my lower ball flight. I ditched the stock Tensei Blue S shaft as it was a non-starter for me.

Good luck guys. I'll be watching and commenting. 

What shaft did you get to replace the Tensie Blue S? Just curious

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

8 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

What shaft did you get to replace the Tensie Blue S? Just curious

JB I had a spare Fujikura Speeder 57-S like I have in my SLDR. I pulled the EXS tip/adapter from the Tensei and put it on the Speeder. It made a complete difference to me in how the EXS played - performed. I guess it just goes to show how important a shaft can be. Without the right shaft for your swing profile no club/driver will live up to it's potential IMO.

I'll have my Stage 1 up mid-week. After a few range sessions and putting the club in the bag this weekend for 36 holes, my feelings are still mixed. More deets coming soon! 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

Looking forward to this one! At $299, I bet this is a steal.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Great job !  You're exactly right and it was one of the first things I thought of.... 299 for that driver is an absolute steal of a deal!  That looks just like drivers that are 200 dollars more.

Hope the initial testing works out...sounds promising!!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

So far so good! I have to say the driver looks extremely high end for a 300 price point!

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

The slight triangular shape is right on the edge of being strange looking.  I'm fully ok with a triangular look as long as it's longer from front to back than it is from heel to toe.  The Callaway Fusion is like this.  The EXS however almost looks like the face from heel to toe is longer than it is from front to back.  It's easy to get used to but I definitely prefer the more traditional rounder shape of the Exotics XJ1.

Great Stage one @03trdblack  That's the way to kick things off! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 5/18/2019 at 9:07 AM, 03trdblack said:

I won't give away too much until Stage 2 but let's just say that initial testing has been looking VERY promising....STAY TUNED!

Really nice job all around on your stage #1. Enjoyed the photos! I'm currently playing between a 3-5 hcp so our handicaps are close. I'm glad you have so many other drivers including older Exotics to compare performance and shapes, etc. I'll be interested to see how the Tensei shafts works for you. As you might have read - it didn't for me and I swapped with a Fujikura Speeder 57-S. Bingo!

I noticed in your last two photos where you were showing the face. It appeared to me you had changed the loft/face angle setting and in the bottom photo you were centering the strikes nicely as oppose to the top photo. Am I right?

My Stage 1 is up! Check it out!

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

noticed in your last two photos where you were showing the face. It appeared to me you had changed the loft/face angle setting and in the bottom photo you were centering the strikes nicely as oppose to the top photo. Am I right?

The first picture was the very first shot I hit with the club with no adjustments or changes to the way it came out of the box.  The bottom photo was the face pattern after my entire first range session.  Great catch though as I did end up doing some adjustments.  I was somewhat surprised at how the 9.5* stock loft setting was giving me a lower flight than I was used to.  I bumped up the loft by a degree and was instantly carrying the ball a solid 8-10 yards further in the air.  I'm more worried about overall carry than roll out in most cases so I'm going to play with it at the higher loft for a while out on the course to see how it does.

I have been getting along with the Tensei shaft so far and I usually agree with shafts with that type of bend profile.  As long as the spin numbers look decent and I continue to hit it straight I'll probably leave it in.  I did end up swapping out the grip since I don't play a glove.  I need all the cord I can get in the hot summer NC months ahead.

45 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

I have been getting along with the Tensei shaft so far and I usually agree with shafts with that type of bend profile.

How are you knowing or evaluating the bend profile?* Feel? I don't have any clue regarding the bend profile of the Speeder. Just on course results. 

*I'm probably one of the least interested (and ignorant) persons in the forum when it come to shaft specs. 

2 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

How are you knowing or evaluating the bend profile?* Feel? I don't have any clue regarding the bend profile of the Speeder. Just on course results. 

*I'm probably one of the least interested (and ignorant) persons in the forum when it come to shaft specs. 

I've been a clubmaker for 22+ years so I love to get into the deep technical specs of everything. The Tensei blue shares a similar bend profile to all the Mitsubishi blueboard series shafts in that it has a stiffer butt, softer middle and stiffer tip section. This in comparison to say the whiteboard profile which is softer in the butt and stiffer in the mid and tip sections. 

Nice start so far you guys.  Aside from the strong write ups and plenty of great photos, the one thing that stands out is how GREAT this club looks.  My brother is in the market and plays maybe 6-10 times a year.  This would look great in his bag. Thanks for the good work so far.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Great stuff so far guys. I gotta admit this thing looks amazing. I’m really digging how the adapter looks smaller than most oems. Can’t wait to see how this bad boy performs for everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie