TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Tour Edge EXS Driver

I really like the look of the crown.  The aerospace side of me loves the composite weave!  Nice price point for what sounds like a solid performing driver.  Good work on the reviews!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Great pics & writeups so far guys! I'm looking forward to reading more.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I really like the look of the crown.  The aerospace side of me loves the composite weave!  Nice price point for what sounds like a solid performing driver.  Good work on the reviews!

I think they did a great job with the weave and tying the blue accents in throughout the club. It is a sharp looking blue. If you held the club up to a $450-500 competitor, you wouldn't be able to tell a difference from a looks standpoint. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

On 5/18/2019 at 9:09 AM, ZJBogey2 said:
  • Flight Tuning System
  • RollFace Technology
  • SlipStream™ Sole

Good intro Bogey. I'll be most interested to read your evaluation of the EXS. You sound like a guy that has some real potential with this game. In fact you can only improve. That's your only path at this time. You also mentioned you're taking lessons which usually helps most people - providing they have a good instructor and are willing to put in the time which you are. I would like to see you report over this year that you have dropped from a 22-25 hcp down to perhaps a 14-16 hcp. I'd wager that you can.

I'm a little skeptical today as to what you'll be able to offer in your review. This isn't a put down from a forum guy who thinks he's some kind of hot shot player. I'm not -  and that's not my point at all. I'm 64 yo and carry about a 3-5 hcp. Big whoop. However, I'm very curious as to how you'll be reporting your findings. I don't think any golf club at this stage of your development is going to make or break your current situation. Sure it pays to have good equipment. But you already have that as listed in your signature above. What I mean is I don't expect your findings to be that the EXS is a "game changer" for you.  Nor would any other popular driver on the market. You already pound the ball 260 yds. - carry! To somewhere on the course. (BTW, your distance is past my combined carry and roll.) The problem is the ball goes right far too often. Meaning slicing hard I'd imagine. No biggie. Most beginners do that and over time you'll correct it no doubt. Most likely that's not the fault of your equipment. It's a swing issue. Am I right? 

Flight Tuning Systems are standard fare and basic to most any modern driver with movable weights and adjustable hosels.

RollFace Technology isn't new either. Various club makers just call it something different is all. And besides...  drivers as far back as I can recall all had "bulge & roll". Even the ones made from trees.

SlipStream Sole... whew boy how does one make sense of that? 

Bogey.... I'm just as interested in your EXS review as I am from another reviewer with 2 hcp. Both of you come from a much different perspective and together that is what I will find most interesting. I also welcome you to the forum and congratulate you on being selected for the EXS review. You're off to a great start. 🏌️‍♂️

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

RollFace Technology isn't new either. Various club makers just call it something different is all. And besides...  drivers as far back as I can recall all had "bulge & roll". Even the ones made from trees.

I'm pretty sure this isn't just simple bulge and roll.  They are making the face with a modified bulge and roll on the toe in order for strikes on that area of the face to launch higher and less left.  Basically their version of TM's Twistface concept.  Cobra also has a modified bulge and roll where the top of the face and bottom of the face have different curvatures to launch the ball differently if shots get struck high or low on the face.

I can remember Srixon having their drivers setup back in the Z-RW driver days where the face had a 4-zone design, where bulge and roll was different in four different zones, to control sidespin off the face.

four-quadrant-bulge-roll.jpg

My bag is a revolving door!

On 5/23/2019 at 10:16 AM, 03trdblack said:

I'm pretty sure this isn't just simple bulge and roll.

Yes. I understand that as well. I started to mention Twist Face as an example. The newer designs defining bulge and roll are not the same as the old days. I over simplified. However I'm sure glad my EXS has a SlipStream Sole or I'd never have bought it. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Good intro Bogey. I'll be most interested to read your evaluation of the EXS. You sound like a guy that has some real potential with this game. In fact you can only improve. That's your only path at this time. You also mentioned you're taking lessons which usually helps most people - providing they have a good instructor and are willing to put in the time which you are. I would like to see you report over this year that you have dropped from a 22-25 hcp down to perhaps a 14-16 hcp. I'd wager that you can.

I'm a little skeptical today as to what you'll be able to offer in your review. This isn't a put down from a forum guy who thinks he's some kind of hot shot player. I'm not -  and that's not my point at all. I'm 64 yo and carry about a 3-5 hcp. Big whoop. However, I'm very curious as to how you'll be reporting your findings. I don't think any golf club at this stage of your development is going to make or break your current situation. Sure it pays to have good equipment. But you already have that as listed in your signature above. What I mean is I don't expect your findings to be that the EXS is a "game changer" for you.  Nor would any other popular driver on the market. You already pound the ball 260 yds. - carry! To somewhere on the course. (BTW, your distance is past my combined carry and roll.) The problem is the ball goes right far too often. Meaning slicing hard I'd imagine. No biggie. Most beginners do that and over time you'll correct it no doubt. Most likely that's not the fault of your equipment. It's a swing issue. Am I right? 

Flight Tuning Systems are standard fare and basic to most any modern driver with movable weights and adjustable hosels.

SlipStream Sole... whew boy how does one make sense of that? 

Bogey.... I'm just as interested in your EXS review as I am from another reviewer with 2 hcp. Both of you come from a much different perspective and together that is what I will find most interesting. I also welcome you to the forum and congratulate you on being selected for the EXS review. You're off to a great start. 🏌️‍♂️

Thanks for the post Plaid! I'd also like to think I have some potential in this game. Shoot, in my 80+ member men's league, I've already won a CTP in 4 rounds (entire field). I'd say in large part, my issues have gone from "technical" with the swing, to now having a proper understanding what my swing plane is, and being able to address and recognize issues when they pop up. I know if I'm going right that it is either me coming over the top or my head moving too much through my downswing. As soon as I figure out how, I'll post a swing video clip for reference. 

Right now my issue is staying focused and consistent (the mental side). For example, my last two tournament rounds, guys have said you sure dont seem like a 25 handicap. There will be that one hole where I shoot an 8-9 that balloons the scorecard. The other side of my mental game is when Im playing with others I get tense, nervous, or whatnot and let it impact my game. When it is just me and my wife on the course, in all honesty I shoot in that 15-18 range. Now it's being able to keep that balance of looseness and focus. 

In my professional world, I work in banking/financial analysis so Im sure my results reporting will be analytical by nature. As far as reporting results and a "game changer", without getting to far ahead and into my stage 2...there is a NOTICEABLE difference in ball flight with this club. Not overselling, but it has been pretty hard for me to get it to slice regardless of adjustable weights (more on that to come as I get more time with the club). Quick comparisons on my SC200 with my TM M2 (just one range session), there is a distance gain there, with 3-4 MPH more in swing speed, and a much tighter dispersion. Could have just been a good day...well see. I haven't loved the sound and feel compared to the TM to date but that could be an acquired taste perhaps. I'd take the tighter dispersion Im seeing versus the sound at impact. 

Thanks for the welcome, this is a great community with a wealth of knowledge!

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

Another great range session with the EXS tonight. Plan on playing with it this weekend and am excited to see how it goes on the course. I'm not sure where my extra swing speed is coming from these last few weeks but I'm constantly averaging between 108-112mph according to the swing radar. I guess the superspeed program and warm weather are paying off! The downside is I feel like I'm pushing the upper limits of the Tensei stiff. Wish I had an X flex to try out to see what the spin number difference might be. The spin doesn't appear to be too bad based on the ball flight I'm seeing. I'm getting high flat ball flight that carries a long way for me. 

IMG_20190523_180127.jpg

22 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

I'm not sure where my extra swing speed is coming from these last few weeks but I'm constantly averaging between 108-112mph according to the swing radar.

Well I know why. It has to be the SlipStream Sole. I've gone from 94 to 95 MPH with my EXS. 😋

22 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Wish I had an X flex to try out to see what the spin number difference might be.

I'd bet somewhere around WF you have a place to either get a shaft to test or swap the tip if need be. Might be worth it. Last Sunday I had my best round to date with the EXS. I hit every drivable FW except one. Long too! I think I'm starting to get used to a new driver and my setup a little better. Confidence level is up and knowing what to expect. This weekend I'll be playing a couple of competitive rounds in Abilene Texas on Charles Coody's course - Diamondback. Great course tee to green. I'm expecting more good results.

Completed my first round with the EXS today.  Hit the driver on 12 holes and recorded the distances via my Shotscope watch.  Overall very consistent distance numbers.  Played a few holes into the wind which resulted in shorter distances.  Still have it set on 10.5* with the heavy weight set in the heel position.  I'm looking forward to getting on a Trackman to really see what the numbers say but overall the settings I am currently using gave me a very consistent performance out on the course.  I still feel there is some extra yardage in this club and think the spin might be just a touch high but I hit it so straight that I wouldn't want to sacrifice that for a few extra yards.

1. 237.83 pulled way left into trees
2. 259.09
3. 252.23
4. 256.16
5. 257.17
6. 236.50
7. 255.78
8. 257.11
9. 250.44
10. 249.88
11. 241.41
12. 249.01

Played 18 Sunday. Hitting Driver on 7 holes (had to manage the course), I hit 4 fairways, 1 rough right, 1 rough left, and 1 OB. The OB swing was just lazy and a low shank left. Distance was averaging 265-270. On a side note, my brother in law was playing with an old RAM from a Sports Authority set and was piping it 320+ (former college baseball player). So much for improved tech! 😆

Work League was cancelled yesterday because of weather, but I was able to hit a few balls before the rain really started to come down...check out these numbers on my SC200...

23.jpg.d25172527a35e79fdf315793bd3f1ae8.jpg22.jpg.dd6ae2cd510d80fb1adbbf787c8030cf.jpg

I'm not putting much stock in these numbers because I wasn't hitting it 290+, but it was flying 270+ based on my laser. It said my 3W was going 270+ but it was closer to ~250. The ball flight was generally straight, with a slight fade left (wind was blowing pretty good L to R). I'm still getting accustom to the feel and the sound. I prefer the sound and feel of the ball off my TM M2, but I'll take this distance and ball flight everyday.   I didn't hit the M2 yesterday for comparison, but I'd say the distance gains and improved ball flight are a combination of both the club, and my swing improving with practice!

I have some time on the simulator tomorrow and 18 on Sunday to put it to the test some more. 

2 hours ago, ZJBogey2 said:

I prefer the sound and feel of the ball off my TM M2, but I'll take this distance and ball flight everyday.   I didn't hit the M2 yesterday for comparison, but I'd say the distance gains and improved ball flight are a combination of both the club

Sounds to me like you are encouraged so far with the EXS. Distance isn't a problem for you it seems. Perhaps improved?

Initially I thought my EXS was a little "tin-canny" sounding. However, as I've gotten the driver dialed in (weighting, hosel - loft-lie, new lighter shaft, CP2 grip) and overall feeling more comfortable knowing what to expect; I've noticed a much improved sound overall. Mostly due to better -  more center face strikes. When a shot is in the screws it sounds really good and my shot patterns bare that out. My misses are slightly off center - toe'ish at times. Then I hear a more "ping" sound. Like everyone I'll hit the one or perhaps two "stumps" in a round. But other than that the EXS is becoming a fairway machine. BTW I have the heavier weight in the rear position. I don't recall hosel position at the moment. 

BTW... I wonder what happen to the third tester in the group? badams69. Anybody heard from him?

Sounds to me like you are encouraged so far with the EXS. Distance isn't a problem for you it seems. Perhaps improved?

Initially I thought my EXS was a little "tin-canny" sounding. However, as I've gotten the driver dialed in (weighting, hosel - loft-lie, new lighter shaft, CP2 grip) and overall feeling more comfortable knowing what to expect; I've noticed a much improved sound overall. Mostly due to better -  more center face strikes. When a shot is in the screws it sounds really good and my shot patterns bare that out. My misses are slightly off center - toe'ish at times. Then I hear a more "ping" sound. Like everyone I'll hit the one or perhaps two "stumps" in a round. But other than that the EXS is becoming a fairway machine. BTW I have the heavier weight in the rear position. I don't recall hosel position at the moment. 

I would say I am encouraged so far. Distance wasnt a huge issue but the gapping from my 3W/7W posed an issue in the past. If I'm hitting my 3W 250, I'd like my Driver to be longer than 260. I've been able to dial in my gaps pretty well now and feel comfortable with them. 

I think you are spot on with the "tin-canning" sound. My mishits were also high off the toe. Can't say my solid center strikes were noticeably different sounding, might be an acquired sound, well see. The biggest difference I've notice there is that even on those mishits, ball flight isnt as impacted as other Drivers I've hit. It reminds me of playing baseball where some bats just sounded different than others, not a bad thing just a personal preference. 

I forgot to mention that most recent range session I switched to the heavier weight in the rear and the UN Hosel Setting, making the lie 61* (Neutral is 58* lie) with the loft still at 10.5*. 

@PlaidJacket what Driver did you play previously? 

Stage 1 is up finally.

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

FW: Adams XTD Speedline 3W

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams and Callaway  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Callaway CF19 (4-P)   /   CF16 (4-AW)  /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)   /   Tommy Armour 845s (3-W)

WEDGES: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES  /   Cleveland CG14 50*, 56*    /  Smartsole  56*   /  RTX4 56*  /   NIKE VR 56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / couple of Odyssey No. 2's

BALLS:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

Was just looking at the other two STAGE 1 entries... 

Great work guys! 

Did both of you get a wrench and card detailing the adjustments?

Saw this on Robs'. Made me curious. 

My box didn't have either of those things. Just 91.8% of the club😁, headcover, and an order slip. 

WITB

IRONS: Callaway CF19 (4-P)   /   CF16 (4-AW)  /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)   /   Tommy Armour 845s (3-W)

WEDGES: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES  /   Cleveland CG14 50*, 56*    /  Smartsole  56*   /  RTX4 56*  /   NIKE VR 56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / couple of Odyssey No. 2's

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

8 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

BTW... I wonder what happen to the third tester in the group? badams69. Anybody heard from him?

Thanks for thinking of me Plaid !!!

Been super busy and waiting on TourEdge to get me a driver shaft.  I'll confess I thought Stage 1 required me to have some playing data, or I would have already posted.  Sounds like you enjoy your EXS so far.  

Hope to actually get to use the one I have someday.

WITB

Nice start guys!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 hours ago, Badams69 said:

Was just looking at the other two STAGE 1 entries... 

Great work guys! 

Did both of you get a wrench and card detailing the adjustments?

Saw this on Robs'. Made me curious. 

My box didn't have either of those things. Just 91.8% of the club😁, headcover, and an order slip. 

Yeah, mine came with the standard wrench and the card as well. 

9 hours ago, Badams69 said:

Sounds like you enjoy your EXS so far.  

Yes I am. Although it's new for me after playing my beloved SLDR for 5 years I'm feeling like this driver is a winner as it's becoming quite reliable and I've gained some distance. It's all about the setup IMO. 

I must have missed it.... but what's the deal with the shaft? Did you receive the wrong one? Broken? Missing? I'm interested.

5 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Yes I am. Although it's new for me after playing my beloved SLDR for 5 years I'm feeling like this driver is a winner as it's becoming quite reliable and I've gained some distance. It's all about the setup IMO. 

I must have missed it.... but what's the deal with the shaft? Did you receive the wrong one? Broken? Missing? I'm interested.

Trying to get that figured as I type this. By measure it is showing to be close to what I requested but side by side with other clubs it resembles a 3 wood as opposed to any of three drivers I've put it next to. All those drivers are supposed to be under standard 45.5 

WITB

With my SLDR shaft (Fujikura Speeder 57-S) in the EXS I measure right at about 45".

21 hours ago, Badams69 said:

Trying to get that figured as I type this. By measure it is showing to be close to what I requested but side by side with other clubs it resembles a 3 wood as opposed to any of three drivers I've put it next to. All those drivers are supposed to be under standard 45.5 

Just a guess, but it's possible Tour Edge may measure total playing length a bit differently vs your other clubs .. could account for the difference?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I'd like to use this post to apologize to MGS and TEE for my mistake and most especially for delaying my privilege of reviewing what is surely a fabulous club.

The length of the TEE - EXS driver was just as I requested.

The sense, on my end, that there ever was an error with the EXS Driver I received dates back to when I got my current M1 shaft. It was requested to be between 44.5 and 44.75 .... whatever exact tenth that ended up would be good enough.........Exacerbating the issue ----> My prior shaft was a Rogue weighted at 77 grams and when I got the HZDRUS at 60g comparatively it felt wonderful so I never noticed the length as it was so much easier to swing.

Upon further inspection the M1 driver is actually closer to 46". 

Furthermore, I put the EXS next to a Nike 3 wood and also had two other golfers eyeball the two, they were seemingly identical in length. So like any modern day genius, the light bulb went off in my mind, everything seemed to add up to a reasonable explanation.  The EXS must be 42.5" (which is Nike 3 wood stock length). "Aha!" says the math whiz in me ------  I knew just what happened.......  the 44" I requested was coupled with the 1.5" cut I requested = 42.5". 

DEAD WRONG - I'm an idiot.😖

THE MISTAKE WAS MINE -  A L L  M I N E !!!

I am not a clubmaker nor do I enjoy doing much in terms of club work - so I trusted others.

I APOLOGIZE TO YOU ALL - AND TO TOUR EDGE AND MGS for my mistake!!!!

WITB

Another round in w/ the EXS driver.  Played at Lonnie Poole golf course in Raleigh, NC and hit driver on 12 holes.  Really finding a consistent groove with this club.  I still think there is a few hundred RPM I could knock off the spin given a proper fitting but I'm finding the club to be very reliable and plenty long for the courses I play.  I have found the best setting for me is N+ (10.5*) and the heavy weight in the heel setting.  The face sits a little closed which I don't like much but I've been able to look past that and set it slightly open before I take my grip.

I think I'm going to pull off the adapter tip and tip trim the Tensei 1" and add a 1" extension to the butt end to bring it back up to length.  I'm also going to spine align the shaft now that I know what setting I'm going to keep it in.  This may stiffen it just enough to bring the spin down a little more as well as make it even more consistent.

1. 244.16
2. 239.94
3. 228.41 Uphill tee shot
4. 280.18
5. 277.63
6. 267.77
7. 282.97
8. 307.27 Downhill tee shot
9. 245.98
10. 248.68
11. 255.43
12. 274.24

Sorry for the lack of posting here the past few days, got a promotion at work and the transition has been hectic. 

I was able to get out this past weekend on my home course. Overall, not the best day with the Driver compared to my last few rounds but not the worst either. Hit driver on 8 holes.

1. 275 (downhill) - a little right in the first cut.

2. 282 (downhill) - fairway

3. 251 (strong wind in the face) - a little right in the first cut.

4. Shanked one out of play, then 268 middle of fairway. The 2nd team golfer is always better!

5. 271, missed let but still had a shot into the green (shorter par 4)

6. 256 (long uphill par 5), missed right in 2nd cut and had to punch out (got rusty after not hitting the big stick for several holes)

7. 289 (significantly downhill), fairway but further than I wanted leaving me with a tougher uneven lie.

8. 277 (downhill) - first cut left (really needed to be right to go for the green in 2 on a short par 5). Had to lay up. 

Biggest thing I'm noticing in my rounds with the EXS is that when I'm hitting those balls into the 1st cut, they are balls that would be OB with my M2. 

And to echo what @03trdblack said about the club face sitting slightly closed at address, I thought I was in my head with my grip/alignment, but eventually realized this to be the case. It took a little adjusting for me to get use to, but ultimately I think it has helped me with my club head being more squared at address.

What questions do you all have?!?!

I took apart the EXS and ran a frequency of the shaft. Turns out that the Mitsubishi Tensei Blue was playing just over a 6.0 frequency which is right in the range I prefer. I decided it wasn't going to be worth it to tip it an inch as it may feel too stiff. Once it gets into the colder months my swingspeed may not stay at the level it currently is. 

I did spine align the shaft with the N+ setting and added a few grams of hotmelt to the inside of the head to hopefully help with some of the sound. Looking forward to hitting it again to see how much the acoustics may have changed. 

Anyone know why the commercial for the EXS driver that is shown on TV states that the EXS uses both roll face and CUP FACE technology when there isn't a cup face design? The face is a face plate that's welded in, not a full cup around the outside of the face. 

This seems misleading to me but maybe it was a marketing mistake? 

Screenshot_20190607-162936.png