2019 Official Forum Member Review-Tour Edge EXS Driver

Our Sponsors

Hey, just a shout out to the testers.......do you still have the Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver? Is it still in your bag?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stage One – Rob Introduction - 5/22/19   Intro Follow me on my Instagram! @rob.c.slade (I'm in the red shirt).  Also on Twitter @robslade. First and foremost, I want to thank MGS

Stage Two - The Review 7/3/19 Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver – Official MGS Forum Review by @ZJBogey2 Intro This Driver has been put through the ringer the last 6 weeks or so. Outside of

Two more rounds in the bag and I'm starting to think the EXS is a beast! I drove the ball well all weekend (well, almost. Only two stinkers). Conditions were "breezy" but nice overall. Even into the w

Posted Images

11 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Hey, just a shout out to the testers.......do you still have the Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver? Is it still in your bag?

I still have it but am currently testing the Hogan GS53 Driver for the site so it's on the side temporarily. 

• Like 1

My bag is a revolving door!

I still have it but am currently testing the Hogan GS53 Driver for the site so it's on the side temporarily. 

Great.....how do they compare?

Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Great.....how do they compare?

Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Only have one round with the Hogan so far but stay tuned... 

On 5/11/2020 at 9:06 PM, fozcycle said:

I still have mine. It is in the bag but really use it more when I'm too tight to swing well. I like it but it never caught up to the M1. Some aspect of this really is due to shaft difference.

With that said the head on the EXS is noticeably more forgiving .... for my swing, which is more aggressive,  the shaft on it....isn't...too whippy. 

• Like 1

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

FW: Cleveland HiBore 3W

Hybrid: Titleist driving iron, Titleist hybrid

Irons: Ping Eye2 3-S & TA 845s 3-W

Wedge: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES s300

Putter: Ping Zing 2 33.75" , Anser 3

Has anyone experimented with the weights on the EXS Driver?

I just received the weight kit(6/11/14). So I replaced the 3 gram in the heel with a 6 and replaced the 9 gram in the rear with the 14......hoping to get my flight up.

• Like 1

Never had the chance to try any additonal weights but keep us informed of your results. 

The 6 and 14 gram weights make this Driver a beast!

• Like 4

On 5/29/2020 at 6:15 AM, fozcycle said:

The 6 and 14 gram weights make this Driver a beast!

A good beast, I hope, that sends the golf ball a long way .. vs an angry, snarling one that rips you apart with its razor sharp, saber teeth 😉

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 4:57 PM, fozcycle said:

Has anyone experimented with the weights on the EXS Driver?

I just received the weight kit(6/11/14). So I replaced the 3 gram in the heel with a 6 and replaced the 9 gram in the rear with the 14......hoping to get my flight up.

I did switch them in terms of placement and that positively changed things dramatically. 

I did not get the heavier weights. I am considering replacing the shaft and that would maybe allow for more weight which I'd be eager to try. 

Glad to read below you found them beneficial 

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

FW: Cleveland HiBore 3W

Hybrid: Titleist driving iron, Titleist hybrid

Irons: Ping Eye2 3-S & TA 845s 3-W

Wedge: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES s300

Putter: Ping Zing 2 33.75" , Anser 3

• 1 month later...

I am about to pull the trigger on one of these from RockBottomGolf. Would obviously prefer to test first, but at $149 new, it's hard to pass up.

Any warnings before snagging one?

• :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore
On 8/18/2020 at 11:36 AM, KurtActual said:

I am about to pull the trigger on one of these from RockBottomGolf. Would obviously prefer to test first, but at $149 new, it's hard to pass up.

Any warnings before snagging one?

I can't speak on this version but I just picked up the EXS 220 from this year brand new for $264 and it is unreal! I was hitting it looong and the one I missed a little toward the toe still had a great flight and distance. Very happy with the driver.

• Like 2

Driver: :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 220 9.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.0
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

RockBottomGolf sent me a "We Miss You" $25 discount code. Jumped on the TEE EXS Driver for $148 out the door.

Didn't get to test it, but at that price, it's identical to the prices for used ones on eBay.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore