TESTERS WANTED! ×

Justin's Bag O' Stuff

Well, here's an updated WITB. Thanks goes out to Radar for the kick in the pants- I am guilty of a "no pics" WITB. No excuses... Let's get to it!

Here's what I game:

Driver: Acer XK, 10.5*; True Ace Blue Crush currently with a Black Widow Tour Silk grip 44.5" (This is going to change to the Acer XF when that comes out... pics will follow!)

3 wood: Acer XK; 15*; Aldila NVS 85 with Sharpro Multi Compound (non-cord) in black and blue. 42.75" All other grips from here on out- until the GW- will be this grip.

Hybrid: Acer XK, 19*; Aldila NV 105, 39.75".

4 and 5 irons: Acer XK Standard; FST Pro 115

6-PW: Acer XK Pro; FST Pro 115; all irons shafts are S-flex soft-stepped once.

Wedges: Inazone Shadow CNC (52, 56, 60); Apollo Colored Std. Stepless; Sharpro Dual Matrix grips in Black and Red. GW is Black Steel, SW is Red Steel, LW is Ivory Steel.

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #9, 34". Blue Iomic grip and MyGolfSpy headcover (another item where money was well spent- not the grip, the headcover).

All iron/wedge ferrules are from Cell Parts. Call them, visit their website, something. They make an absolutely beautiful ferrule. Great product and even better people. Yeah, someone might think "Oh, it's only a ferrule"... I know I did. After RB7 and Saturn pointed me towards Cell Parts, that changed my perception entirely. Sounds like an ad, but I don't care.

Yes, that's Yoda over my 3 wood. Chewbacca will be coming for my driver shortly. The pic of my bag has a FT-3 in the driver's side. Yes, I'm in the midle of a driver test: FT-3 v. FT-5 v. FT-9. Been interesting, and inline with what I've been thinking.

0213111257.jpg

0213111254a.jpg

0113111152.jpg

0206111022.jpg

0206111023.jpg

0110111012b.jpg

0213111334.jpg

0213111333a.jpg

Do you like the Acers? I have heard a lot of good things about them. Did you build them yourself? I like them.

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

Yes, Dave, I do. I think I border on the fanatic when I talk about them, but I've never gamed a better "bang-for-the-buck" brand. Same goes for the True Ace shaft and Apollo shafts. I've gamed a bunch of different brands, but I won't stray too far from Hireko (the Inazone wedges are pretty sweet, though).

I did build them. I'd like to consider myself "Minor Jr. Indacup, Negative First Class" (that was another Red Vs. Blue reference!). I would really like to be at someone like Indacup's level, but right now it's just me, my garage and a bunch of stuff :D .

Radar, I AM going to sound like a fanatic when I talk about those ferrules. Everyone I've talked to at Cell Parts has been beyond awesome. And they have SO many different models! The blue ones in the pics are called Pearl Blue, I also have some green ferrules for my sister-in-law's set. I've seen colored ferrules on Ebay, but something about them always turned me off, so I just stuck with the all-black or black-with-a-colored-ring style from Golfsmith or GolfWorks. Not these. When I shake things up with my woods and hybrids, I'm going to go back to Cell Parts.

Dork Alert: I'm a HUGE Nebraska 'Huskers fan, which is why my wedges look the way they do.

Gee, thanks Justin, I didn't know Apollo made colored shafts. Looks like I'll be going with black shafts and white ferrules here shortly.

Isn't that sweet?! There's a blue model, also... not sure if I said that already. I really like these shafts- the Std. Stepless is heavier- I had them in my bag last year, plus these three colored ones, and they all ranged from 127.4 to 128.6 grams... pretty tight tolerances.

A quick funny story: after I put the LW together, I brought it inside to make believe I was golfing. My wife looked at it and said "What is that?". "It's a golf shaft- pretty neat, huh?" I replied. She counters with "It looks like a PVC pipe".

Dude, why are all your clubs backwards? :(

Nice to see the Acer's live in the flesh! (sadly no matter how good they are they make me think of the Acer laptops that I had to fix as my entry to the tech field. Good god are those laptops terrible)

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Dude, why are all your clubs backwards? ;)

Nice to see the Acer's live in the flesh! (sadly no matter how good they are they make me think of the Acer laptops that I had to fix as my entry to the tech field. Good god are those laptops terrible)

LMAO! I get that alot from my father-in-law. "Why do you stand on the wrong side? Doesn't that mess you up?". I think he's working on getting a standup gig.

Thanks for the headsup on that- I almost got my wife an Acer laptop! Looks like I'll look elsewhere.

Dude, why are all your clubs backwards? :(

Oh no you are scaring me about the Acer laptop that is what i am on now since our Dell died.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived