Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ball change

Last summer I fell in love with the Titleist AVX and dropped my ProV1.  The AVX had great feel, distance, and enough spin for me....on my home course. But this spring I have ventured out to some nicer courses with firmer and faster greens and it has cost me strokes in the greenside game.  The AVX just doesn't have the spin Id like to be able to stop the ball as quick as possible on the more slippery greens I've been playing and will be playing in some more tournament play.  They also have lower flight which hurts a but as well on the faster turf for my game.  

I picked up some TP5's with some winnings ast week.  I've played them in the past when I found them and liked them.  No real extensive testing until the other night when I played 9. Great distance, feel, and decent spin.   Rep at the Portland Golf Show gave me a sleeve Titleist ProV1x.  Played 9 the other night and really liked the feel off all my clubs and lots of greenside spin.  That will take some getting used to.  Buddy tossed me a Bridgestone BRXS I think...Good feel, adequate spin around the greens, and I will have to say it seemed to be very long through all my irons.  

I did get selected to test the new season of Srixons balls and I have the XV coming way and really looking forward to testing them.  I've played the Q and Z star in the past and found them to be very playable.  

I have a tournament Monday morning on a course I've never played and I've heard the greens are very quick.  We have had some rain so I am a bit torn on what to play.  Leaning on buying a sleeve of ProV1x as my home course carries them and I tee off at 9am Monday morning.  

For you guys that play a higher spinning ball, do you still like the high spin around the greens when they get wet?  WIll it even matter much?  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

The only time I feel a wet course is very penalizing with a high spin ball is when you are pitching a ball and you hit the upslope of the green collar. That little area always holds water and will kill any ball, high spin or not.
Beside that you just have to figure the ball is all carry with no roll out everywhere on the course which is no revelation.
Just play the ball the feels best to you

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Only change balls when temps get cold. I like to keep things as consistent as possible 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1