Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shankster

Charles Schwab Challenge (Ft. Worth Invitational)

Recommended Posts

IMG_5499.JPG

 

After a nail biter of a finish once again following a major I doubt this tournament gets much love.

 

Not one of my favorites, but a tour stop none the less.

 

We will hear a bunch about Hogan this week, and rightly so.

 

I’m going with Rahm.

 

Not sure if Mahan is in the field....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh heck. I'm currently 0 fer every prediction. Let's keep that trend going.

Dufner is winning this weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's big news coming out Wednesday at Colonial. And it's not all about the tournament. Keep and eye and ear open.

Insider tip... it's not about Hogan or Hogan golf.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

There's big news coming out Wednesday at Colonial. And it's not all about the tournament. Keep and eye and ear open.

Insider tip... it's not about Hogan or Hogan golf.

Interesting.... 

Any more hints? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sworn to secrecy until sometime on Wednesday after the formal announcement. Not certain but I'm guessing the GC will carry any and all things related to Schwab/Colonial and other announcements . I'll come back here in this post on Wednesday sometime with an update.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see Speith win, but my bet is on Schauffele. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be at Colonial on Thursday. Any other members going to be there?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to see this event get some solid sponsorship footing for the next few years.  I would hate to see Colonial replaced with another cookie-cutter TPC bomb and gouge event.  We need more events played on quality architectural designs and layouts.  Five of the next six weeks are going to be a treat to that end.  Colonial, Muirfield, Hamilton, Pebble and Detroit Golf Club.  I can ignore the shitshow that will be TPC River Highlands sandwiched in-between.

I think this is the week Young Jordan Spieth exercises the demons!  I'm fascinated by the fact that JS gained 10.6 strokes putting last week and finished 6 shots behind the winner.  According to Justin Ray and 15th Club, it was the best putting week of his career and well over 3 strokes better than second place in the category. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well boys... I suppose some of you heard the news. Today, Charles Schwab in addition to taking the helm as title sponsor at Colonial is also making a $5MM Challenge Grant available to all 9 of The First Tee Chapters in Texas. We're pretty excited as we are the newest chapter and our fundraising has just recently kicked-off. This will really supercharge our immediate and annual donations.
Thanks Charles!! 


That’s awesome Plaid! I am hoping to get my kids involved more with golf in Maryland. Haven’t checked for a First Tee chapter yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That’s awesome Plaid! I am hoping to get my kids involved more with golf in Maryland. Haven’t checked for a First Tee chapter yet.

I recently had the pleasure of meeting a number of kids from The First Tee of Greater Washington DC. I'd imagine there is a chapter nearby. Take a look at this map. They're all over your area. 🏌️‍♂️

https://thefirsttee.org/locations/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I recently had the pleasure of meeting a number of kids from The First Tee of Greater Washington DC. I'd imagine there is a chapter nearby. Take a look at this map. They're all over your area. 🏌️♂️
https://thefirsttee.org/locations/
 


Looks like I’m over a hour away from the closest one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be out at Colonial on Saturday.

See ya at the 4th tee box, the beginning of the "Horrible Horseshoe". My picks;

  1. Jordan Spieth
  2. Justin Rose
  3. Jon Rahm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shankster said:

Looks like I’m over a hour away from the closest one

I'd suggest you contact the closest chapter or The First Tee. It's quite possible the map isn't quite up to date and or there might be a program facility closer by where you are. There's always the thought that you might work with the local chapter and they'd help you start a location where you are. You'd probably fall under the umbrella of the chapter - meaning you don't have to invent the wheel as they'd work with you as an outreach partner. Lot's of options. The First Tee is looking to expand. Give it a shot and see where it might lead. All it might take is phone call.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I'd suggest you contact the closest chapter or The First Tee. It's quite possible the map isn't quite up to date and or there might be a program facility closer by where you are. There's always the thought that you might work with the local chapter and they'd help you start a location where you are. You'd probably fall under the umbrella of the chapter - meaning you don't have to invent the wheel as they'd work with you as an outreach partner. Lot's of options. The First Tee is looking to expand. Give it a shot and see where it might lead. All it might take is phone call.

Tell us a little about what you and the other volunteers do.  None here in golf central, but we've been talking about relocating full time to Surprise, AZ (and do the sun-bird thing).  If that happens, I would definitely get involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Well boys... I suppose some of you heard the news. Today, Charles Schwab in addition to taking the helm as title sponsor at Colonial is also making a $5MM Challenge Grant available to all 9 of The First Tee Chapters in Texas. We're pretty excited as we are the newest chapter and our fundraising has just recently kicked-off. This will really supercharge our immediate and annual donations.

Thanks Charles!! 

The work that the The First Tee does is a great example of how to "grow the game."

Great news out of the DFW area. Best of luck in your chapters fundraising, @PlaidJacket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Tell us a little about what you and the other volunteers do.  None here in golf central, but we've been talking about relocating full time to Surprise, AZ (and do the sun-bird thing).  If that happens, I would definitely get involved.

You're in luck if you relocate to Surprise/Sun City Az. as The First Tee of Phoenix has a program location at Briarwood CC. And most if not all First Tee Chapters and their program locations are always looking for good volunteers to do various things from coaching to office work. I am the Executive Director of our chapter. But we already have a few volunteers wanting to coach and assist anyway they can. And... we'll have a place for them. I would suggest if you relocate to contact the First Tee of Phoenix and just ask them how you can help. I'll promise they will be glad to hear from you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan looking like he's getting some mojo back.  He drained some long ones today.  Were it not for the double box on #9, he'd have the lead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...