TESTERS WANTED! ×

Charles Schwab Challenge (Ft. Worth Invitational)

Shankster

Oh heck. I'm currently 0 fer every prediction. Let's keep that trend going.

Dufner is winning this weekend.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

There's big news coming out Wednesday at Colonial. And it's not all about the tournament. Keep and eye and ear open.

Insider tip... it's not about Hogan or Hogan golf.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Seamus Power gets the win.

Why you might ask? Well simply because I just deleted my claim for him.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

4 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

There's big news coming out Wednesday at Colonial. And it's not all about the tournament. Keep and eye and ear open.

Insider tip... it's not about Hogan or Hogan golf.

Interesting.... 

Any more hints? 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I'm sworn to secrecy until sometime on Wednesday after the formal announcement. Not certain but I'm guessing the GC will carry any and all things related to Schwab/Colonial and other announcements . I'll come back here in this post on Wednesday sometime with an update.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Had to go check out who was playing. Pretty darn good field really.  Heck, there's even a Boo Weekley sighting 👏.

https://www.charlesschwabchallenge.com/

Xander Schauffele (show)

Danny Lee (place)

Jordan Speith (win)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I'd love to see Speith win, but my bet is on Schauffele. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I’ll be at Colonial on Thursday. Any other members going to be there?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

I'm happy to see this event get some solid sponsorship footing for the next few years.  I would hate to see Colonial replaced with another cookie-cutter TPC bomb and gouge event.  We need more events played on quality architectural designs and layouts.  Five of the next six weeks are going to be a treat to that end.  Colonial, Muirfield, Hamilton, Pebble and Detroit Golf Club.  I can ignore the shitshow that will be TPC River Highlands sandwiched in-between.

I think this is the week Young Jordan Spieth exercises the demons!  I'm fascinated by the fact that JS gained 10.6 strokes putting last week and finished 6 shots behind the winner.  According to Justin Ray and 15th Club, it was the best putting week of his career and well over 3 strokes better than second place in the category. 

Well boys... I suppose some of you heard the news. Today, Charles Schwab in addition to taking the helm as title sponsor at Colonial is also making a $5MM Challenge Grant available to all 9 of The First Tee Chapters in Texas. We're pretty excited as we are the newest chapter and our fundraising has just recently kicked-off. This will really supercharge our immediate and annual donations.
Thanks Charles!! 

That’s awesome Plaid! I am hoping to get my kids involved more with golf in Maryland. Haven’t checked for a First Tee chapter yet.

21 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That’s awesome Plaid! I am hoping to get my kids involved more with golf in Maryland. Haven’t checked for a First Tee chapter yet.

I recently had the pleasure of meeting a number of kids from The First Tee of Greater Washington DC. I'd imagine there is a chapter nearby. Take a look at this map. They're all over your area. 🏌️‍♂️

https://thefirsttee.org/locations/

I'll be out at Colonial on Saturday.

See ya at the 4th tee box, the beginning of the "Horrible Horseshoe". My picks;

1. Jordan Spieth
  2. Justin Rose
  3. Jon Rahm

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

12 hours ago, Shankster said:

Looks like I’m over a hour away from the closest one

I'd suggest you contact the closest chapter or The First Tee. It's quite possible the map isn't quite up to date and or there might be a program facility closer by where you are. There's always the thought that you might work with the local chapter and they'd help you start a location where you are. You'd probably fall under the umbrella of the chapter - meaning you don't have to invent the wheel as they'd work with you as an outreach partner. Lot's of options. The First Tee is looking to expand. Give it a shot and see where it might lead. All it might take is phone call.

12 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I'd suggest you contact the closest chapter or The First Tee. It's quite possible the map isn't quite up to date and or there might be a program facility closer by where you are. There's always the thought that you might work with the local chapter and they'd help you start a location where you are. You'd probably fall under the umbrella of the chapter - meaning you don't have to invent the wheel as they'd work with you as an outreach partner. Lot's of options. The First Tee is looking to expand. Give it a shot and see where it might lead. All it might take is phone call.

Tell us a little about what you and the other volunteers do.  None here in golf central, but we've been talking about relocating full time to Surprise, AZ (and do the sun-bird thing).  If that happens, I would definitely get involved.

15 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Well boys... I suppose some of you heard the news. Today, Charles Schwab in addition to taking the helm as title sponsor at Colonial is also making a $5MM Challenge Grant available to all 9 of The First Tee Chapters in Texas. We're pretty excited as we are the newest chapter and our fundraising has just recently kicked-off. This will really supercharge our immediate and annual donations.

Thanks Charles!! 

The work that the The First Tee does is a great example of how to "grow the game."

Great news out of the DFW area. Best of luck in your chapters fundraising, @PlaidJacket

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Tell us a little about what you and the other volunteers do.  None here in golf central, but we've been talking about relocating full time to Surprise, AZ (and do the sun-bird thing).  If that happens, I would definitely get involved.

You're in luck if you relocate to Surprise/Sun City Az. as The First Tee of Phoenix has a program location at Briarwood CC. And most if not all First Tee Chapters and their program locations are always looking for good volunteers to do various things from coaching to office work. I am the Executive Director of our chapter. But we already have a few volunteers wanting to coach and assist anyway they can. And... we'll have a place for them. I would suggest if you relocate to contact the First Tee of Phoenix and just ask them how you can help. I'll promise they will be glad to hear from you.

Jordan looking like he's getting some mojo back.  He drained some long ones today.  Were it not for the double box on #9, he'd have the lead.

Pulling for Jordan to get things going strong this week.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Pulling for Jordan to get things going strong this week.
I used to be a fan, but through all these tough times I've seen him act like a big baby far too often for me to root for him anymore.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I walked holes 3-9 with Tony Finau yesterday. Dude is looking strong.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Im curious to see how much the conditions effect the leaders today. Yesterday the course almost looked unplayable for the afternoon groups. I only saw one player who was under par on the course between 4 and 7pm yesterday...

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

2 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

I walked holes 3-9 with Tony Finau yesterday. Dude is looking strong.

He has a great swing 😁.

20 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Jordan looking like he's getting some mojo back.  He drained some long ones today.  Were it not for the double box on #9, he'd have the lead.

He was crazy good on the greens; gained 5.5 strokes on the field.  The shortest putt that he missed was 17 feet 5 inches.

I will be rooting for him, but he has to show me that he can shoot under par for the weekend.  He's had good rounds on Thu and Fri this year, but his weekends suck.  Even last week at the PGA he didn't shoot an under par round on the weekend.  Conditions were tough and nice finish, but he's got to show everyone that he can score in Rounds 3 and 4.  #liveunderpar

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Let’s go Kevin Na Na Na Na Na....

6C8077AA-CAD6-4607-9990-92BA57C80929.gif

Sometimes when practicing, I use the na-na-na-na method under my breath... it works! 👍

On 5/24/2019 at 9:53 AM, Kenny B said:

He was crazy good on the greens; gained 5.5 strokes on the field.  The shortest putt that he missed was 17 feet 5 inches.

I will be rooting for him, but he has to show me that he can shoot under par for the weekend.  He's had good rounds on Thu and Fri this year, but his weekends suck.  Even last week at the PGA he didn't shoot an under par round on the weekend.  Conditions were tough and nice finish, but he's got to show everyone that he can score in Rounds 3 and 4.  #liveunderpar

Well, JS didn't break par on the weekend... again.  At least he had the Saturday round under par.  That's a start.  His great putting didn't come through on Sunday.  If he could just drive the ball better now, he wouldn't have to make over 480 feet of putts just to finish in the top 10.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”