Tsecor

What is the best custom milled putter company <$1000 for a putter???

Sound off on what custom putter company your would recommend where you can get a custom milled design for less than $1000.  is TP mills the only company selling custom sticks under that amount?

It will all depend on what you want,  but you can get a putter from just about any boutique company.   Byron, Lajosi, Mannkrafted, Carbon,  Tad Moore, etc.    If you start going crazy with metals,  milling, shapes, and stamping it will go up quickly. 

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:47 PM, cnosil said:

It will all depend on what you want,  but you can get a putter from just about any boutique company.   Byron, Lajosi, Mannkrafted, Carbon,  Tad Moore, etc.    If you start going crazy with metals,  milling, shapes, and stamping it will go up quickly. 

do you feel most companies are the same?  or do you think the craftsmanship comes into play as far as feel and overall quality?

I think some are better than others but they are all great craftsman.  Some will have better turnaround time,  some will do more custom; others mostly customization.  From what I have read and based on feedback from other forums,  Lajosi may be one of the best bargains.   You may want to checkout puttertalk and you can find more putter specific information and talk to the company reps.  

I have a Lajosi it was by far the cheapest option for me. Especially being from Australia myself the exchange rates make any of the US based companies too expensive for me, exchange rates probably help coming the other way to make Lajosi putters pretty good value for money.

IMG_4529 (Large).JPG

IMG_4531 (Large).JPG

• Like 1

I am a fan of Kronos... I have had good luck with my release. There are not many long neck blades out there and this one fits the bill perfectly for me. 

putter.jpeg

I have a Lajosi it was by far the cheapest option for me. Especially being from Australia myself the exchange rates make any of the US based companies too expensive for me, exchange rates probably help coming the other way to make Lajosi putters pretty good value for money.

1720609437_IMG_4529(Large).thumb.JPG.0d61c31a8612838f1e99baebbb0afe65.JPG
262902155_IMG_4531(Large).thumb.JPG.b2925ad4dbedc666d5b4914aaf16574e.JPG

I currently have 2 Lajosi putters. They are well made and vastly underrated.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I had a solid copper custom putter made for me by Kraken Golf for $575. I also have an awesome Swag Golf putter that was in the same price range. 

• Love 1

As a former player (by unfortunate necessity, certainly not by choice) , I can say with all confidence that the next clubmaker to craft a truly good putter will be the very first--and a surefire Nobel Prize winner at that.

At the end, after throwing lots of hard earned money at fraudulent modern technology, I was using my hickory shafted putter from Louisville Golf.  It was at least as good as any of the others.

And let's be honest.  When a link is over 400 yards long, wouldn't it seem reasonable that the destination hole be at least as wide as a 55 gallon drum?  At least I'd be good from fifteen feet...most of the time.

Edited by NiftyNiblick
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Charli said:

Kraken makes great stuff. You have pics of it 

Sure do, here you go.

2CBA639B-74A1-4CDD-8805-F95A312FEAF7.jpeg

08678AE8-E85C-49B8-BB29-6E1BE3AC9976.jpeg

7C73E031-D518-4106-B490-C3C94BD06205.jpeg

I had Slighter golf do a refurb on a Scotty RedX, then build me a custom putter. It's a beauty, and I still use it 12-13 years after I bought it. My custom Slighter I believe cost me around $500

9 hours ago, NiftyNiblick said:

At the end, after throwing lots of hard earned money at fraudulent modern technology, I was using my hickory shafted putter from Louisville Golf.  It was at least as good as any of the others.

... I think the paint is chipping on your Get Off My Lawn sign again. 🤣

... Custom putters have never been about performance and I agree with you that a good putter can use just about anything and a bad putter won't putt any better with a custom putter, if spec'ed correctly. The only difference I find is roll technology inserts help on typical muni's because they put a better roll on a ball either sitting in a slight depression or help overcome irregularities in the green. On smooth and fast surfaces roll technology is irrelevant. But what custom putters do offer is a unique look and often a great feel.  Some are willing to pay for that and others are not.  

• Like 1