Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Travel Cases - Hard Shell - Pelican Case

ConnorWade

Has anyone ever used a pelican case to fit there golf bag? I don’t love the SKB hard case and would prefer a pelican case but seems as though someone would have to set it up custom to fit a golf bag. Anyone done this or seen this done?

Would also love room to remove heads from 5W, 3W, and Driver and store them in foam to cut down on length of case.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small:  GBB Epic Sub Zero 8* | Aldila Rogue Max 75 X

:cobra-small: King LTD Black 13.5* |  Aldila Rogue 85 X

:cobra-small: King Utility Iron 18* | Aldila Rogue 95 MSI 85H S

RSi TP P-4 | True Temper Dynamic Golf S300

52* RTX 588 Black

56* CG14 GunMetal

:cleveland-small: 60* CG14 Camo

O-Works 7s Black | Super Stroke 3.0 Slim @ 36"

SuperSoft

47 minutes ago, ConnorWade said:

Has anyone ever used a pelican case to fit there golf bag? I don’t love the SKB hard case and would prefer a pelican case but seems as though someone would have to set it up custom to fit a golf bag. Anyone done this or seen this done?

Pelican cases are incredible products but weight is a major variable in golf travel case design. I imagine any Pelican case big enough to hold a fully loaded golf bag would be really tough to heft around when traveling and you’re also likely to get popped for overweight baggage.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased an SKB last year and though it was the answer until I realized that it barely fit in my trunk and would unlikely fit in any car I would rent without putting down the seats if it was even an option. So I sent it back. I've flown with my clubs four times and never had an issue with the soft sided bags and Club Glove extendable travel stick thing. As noted above weight is a large issue. My bag was relatively light and with the SKB case it was pushing 50 lbs. Some airlines are lowering their oversize weights to below 50 lbs which more or less makes the hard case obsolete unless you don't care how much you spend on travel.

At the end of the day if you really want a hard shell case, I recommend getting the SKB case that has two halves that fit into each other. That will allow the case to fit into rental cars and it is also a little lighter. Otherwise just go with a well padded soft bag like the Last Bag from club glove and put in a travel stick. One benefit of the soft bags is that you have the flexibility to pack shoes and other stuff in them due to the weight savings and roominess.