Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mizuno JPX 919 Fli-Hi

tdkrod

Has anyone used the JPX 919 irons with the new Fli-Hi hybrids for the long irons, looking to get more distance on the long irons, curious to see if anyone has played them and their thoughts. I posted this same question in the Japanese equipment, yet to get a response, new to the forum, been following for a while, get lots of good info that helps my game. Thanks

I tested the hybrids at a demo day back in February. I'm looking to add some hybrids this year, but the Fli-Hi's have not been released for sale yet outside of sets. I loved the performance, although I also liked the performance of some others. I've been waiting to do a fitting, but the shop (Miles of Golf, Cincinnati) still doesn't have their fit samples yet.

I don't know if it's the reason I liked them so much, but the rep made a point of the fact that they use iron shafts, and are built to traditional iron lengths. As a short (5'7") guy who prefers shorter shafts, this got my attention. (Note: he didn't tell me that until after I had hit and liked them, so no confirmation bias.) Unlike other hybrids, these can also be adjusted in a standard Mitchell loft/lie machine. I have to admit I'm a bit frustrated to still be waiting, as the rep said they would be released mid to late March.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese