TESTERS WANTED! ×

Barba's Travelogue - A Week In St. Andrews

Thats a great itinerary, have you been before?

I really enjoy the New course for it's layout. Jubilee is also good with a tough last 4 holes. Kingsbarnes is just special.

Hope you get on the Old course, its not a patch on the others but the atmosphere is magical, especially playing 17 and 18 where you WILL have spectators.

Keep us appraised with pics and updates.

*edit* I liked the Castle course, some stupidly hard undulating greens (think Augusta on steroids lol) but a good test.

p.s The New inn will be fine, you're not far from anywhere in St Andrews

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

46 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Thats a great itinerary, have you been before?

I really enjoy the New course for it's layout. Jubilee is also good with a tough last 4 holes. Kingsbarnes is just special.

Hope you get on the Old course, its not a patch on the others but the atmosphere is magical, especially playing 17 and 18 where you WILL have spectators.

Keep us appraised with pics and updates.

*edit* I liked the Castle course, some stupidly hard undulating greens (think Augusta on steroids lol) but a good test.

p.s The New inn will be fine, you're not far from anywhere in St Andrews

Made a pit stop in St. Andrews last summer - did get to play the New Course and stayed at the Golf Inn (loved the  Fish 'n Chips!). 

Really enjoyed the New Course, and this trip will be a full immersion into St. Andrews, with Kingsbarns a great treat at the end. I'm sure we'll be thinking twice about 36 holes a day by the end of the week, but we'll see how she goes.  

Let me know if you're in the area - we can hoist a pint...or several. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Made a pit stop in St. Andrews last summer - did get to play the New Course and stayed at the Golf Inn (loved the  Fish 'n Chips!). 

Really enjoyed the New Course, and this trip will be a full immersion into St. Andrews, with Kingsbarns a great treat at the end. I'm sure we'll be thinking twice about 36 holes a day by the end of the week, but we'll see how she goes.  

Let me know if you're in the area - we can hoist a pint...or several. 

With about 17 hrs of daylight this time of year it would be rude not to have 36 holes a day.

Spookily enough a friend is trying to get a game arranged there for Sunday, if I'm going to be there I'll PM you but so far he's not having any luck.

You'll have a blast!

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Have a great time. I'm so freakin' jealous!

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Wish I was going. Have fun and keep 'em low and outta the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

6 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Wish I was going. Have fun and keep 'em low and outta the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wind! Wind! when its 30mph we call it a breeze😏

When the flag sticks are bending over we might call it a wind😂

Very jelly here John. Enjoy your trip!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@GolfSpy Barbajo, you are now officially on my list of people I don't like😉. I'm jealous of anyone who is getting to play anywhere, let alone of your trip.

I'm not going to wish you a great trip, because I'm sure it will be sensational without    my input. Hope you get the full spectrum of weather while your there so you can pretend your playing in The Open.

One last thing, no toilet pictures this time.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

7 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

@GolfSpy Barbajo, you are now officially on my list of people I don't like😉. I'm jealous of anyone who is getting to play anywhere, let alone of your trip.

I'm not going to wish you a great trip, because I'm sure it will be sensational without    my input. Hope you get the full spectrum of weather while your there so you can pretend your playing in The Open.

One last thing, no toilet pictures this time.

Haha! I! I'm glad to see you pay attention - can't help the toilet pictures. You can take the boy out of plumbing but you can't take the plumber out of the boy.

As for the list - I could make a lengthy list of people who have me on the list of people they don't like. I like that ist. 😉

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I saw this thread pop up and just figured someone bumped last years thread on your Scotland trip, didn’t realize you are going again!

Have fun and I’ll send positive vibes your way for selection for the Old Course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

12 hours and counting!

Bag is set:

Driver: Honma 747/Sub 70 639D
FW: Srixon F-85 strong 3
Hybrids: Hogan VKTR 17, PXG 22
Irons: Srixon Z-85 combo set
Wedges: Cleveland 50 (bent to 49), Hogan Riviera 56/60

Cobra adjustable utility

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab, Bettinardi BB8

Balls: Srixon Z Star XV/Bridgestone Tour B X

The drivers are a gamble - just received them this past week and tried them on the range. I think I'm going to like them. Srixon Strong 3-wood flights lower than the Wilson D7, which should help. Stroke Lab putter is the starter with the Bettinardi BB8 a hunch as a bench player, just in case. 

The Hogan 17 degree hybrid fits the gap between the PXG and the 3 wood nicely, and the Cobra is adjustable, which makes it versatile in case it's extra windy. 

Now, I just hope the game doesn't take a dump over the Atlantic like last year. 

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

On 5/26/2019 at 12:34 AM, Shankster said:

Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet?....

he's there and eating Haggis and Black pudding .....yum!🙂

On 5/25/2019 at 7:34 PM, Shankster said:

Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet?....

He is, and dove right in to the local favorites....see below!

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

he's there and eating Haggis and Black pudding .....yum!🙂

Exactly...and I was going to post based on the picture I saw this morning of his breakfast, I'm not so sure I'm jealous anymore....ha  I think I would have had to taken a weeks worth of Panera Bagels and hoped that somewhere I was able to find cream cheese for them 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Stop By DunVegans up the street from the old course, Outstanding "baked" fish and chips. Beer is coooold.

The haggis aint bad either.  If that doesn't sound go turn around and look across the street to the oldest clubmaker. the new old clubs are quite nice.

Love Kingsbarn.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Just a personal opinion, I prefer the Whey Pat to the Dunvegan, fewer tourists, more locals, and more real ales on tap.  Haggis is fine, and black pudding can be really good, but for breakfast I prefer smokies, small smoked fish.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia