I just wanted to take a second and commend you on your forum name... it’s amazing.

Carry on.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

... Pro's can increase their swing speed when needed by increasing all elements of their swing. In my experience, most ams swing their body harder not necessarily faster and that breaks down the chain. As others have mentioned the opposite is also true, trying to hit a shot when in-between distances can result in deceleration which is a death move causing a myriad of problems. Just remember grip down and taking a 3/4 swing at your normal swing speed is the most efficient way to take off some distance. Many I see never grip down and I think this is essential. An awesome drill is playing a 9 hole round or even better a practice round using only one iron like a 5 or 7 for every shot. Off the tee and even chipping can teach you a ton about partial shots. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I agree.  It's a moot point because while a player may feel like they are swinging 80%, they are likely swinging at the maximum speed that they know they can comfortably control the ball.  The point of the stat data is to show that there is really very little variation between their fastest and slowest swing off the tee; that is, about 8% difference between fastest and slowest.  I'm sure all of them have more gas, but they swing what they can control.  We all do that, I'm sure, but the pros are better at it.

How does showing the ranking that a golfer is swing at 92% vice 85% in DJs case or let’s say 90% in someone else’s case? 

Had another thought.

To me it looks like Henrik has a death grip on the club, and absolutely clobbers the ball. Definitely looks like almost full out on drives and iron shots. Doesn’t look to be much extra in the tank. (I am sure there is reserve if he needs it)

That’s in response to the tension stuff. I find myself gripping too hard from time to time and it definitely makes for a poor shot for me. But maybe not for the Ice Man?

• Like 1

I went to the range today for the first time in a while. Been super busy.

I put this to the test. My 100% shots did not go any farther then my 80% shots. And my 80% shots were waaaay more on target.

Also did a 50% test and they didn’t really go much less then the 80%’s....

I am going to start at the 50% and build on that for the next few weeks.

Have a round planned for Monday with the boss. I’ll be relying on my fade to beat the boss finally.

• Like 3