Jump to content
Golfspy_CG2

Titleist TS1 Coming In June

Recommended Posts

Pre Orders are now available for the TS1, the first driver Titleist has introduced for for moderate swing speeds.  It will be interesting to see if this moves any player who has said, "I'm not good enough to play Titleist" into trying it's drivers.

The TS1 driver is an ultra lightweight product to help moderate swing players generate more distance. We believe TS1 will attract an entirely new audience of golfers into our club line. These golfers have always wanted to play Titleist, but perhaps felt they weren't good enough. Now they'll experience a Titleist driver that really performs for them!






 

Titleist TS1.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting ! I can see several of our old coots following this one 🏌️♂️


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Very interesting ! I can see several of our old coots following this one 🏌️♂️


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Exactly!!  I think we have a great number of members that this would be a great Forum Testing opportunity for.   I'm not saying it will happen.   But it won't be for lack of trying 😎

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems interesting, this is a step in the right direction for getting he average player thinking they can play Titliest

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see them bring out something with more forgiveness and help than the ts2. I’m sure some will knock them as they do ping when a release comes out mid season or after the initial release of the line but this gives them something to get golfers interested in the brand mid release and as those of us in colder temps start getting into the swing of things another option to get dialed in at onset of the season 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like a bold move for Titleist to offer 4 different drivers at retail. I do think it's a good idea to give the average golfer and slower speed players a better option than TS2, but I'm curious to see how they adjust production numbers to prevent serious overstock of some models like we've seen in the past from other OEMs. Regardless of all that though, the message seems clear. Titleist is tired of Taylormade and Callaway grabbing so much attention for their clubs and balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Exactly!!  I think we have a great number of members that this would be a great Forum Testing opportunity for.   I'm not saying it will happen.   But it won't be for lack of trying 😎

Well since you are officially an old coot, it would be right up your alley too bossman 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree it is a good move by Titleist.  Hopefully other club makers will follow suit depending on how each manufacturer define moderate swing speeds.  I look forward to seeing test results given the 45.75" standard length.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if this is the most drivers Titleist has offered at once? Maybe not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jayjay0808 said:

Does anyone know if this is the most drivers Titleist has offered at once? Maybe not?

I think it has to be, especially once the TS4 is out as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now we just need the TS5, a 400cc option, and TS6 a 380cc, TS7... maybe a TS8 and 9 too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I think it has to be, especially once the TS4 is out as well. 

Wow, for a company that stood by its traditional model maybe they found a space in the industry that they were lacking. Very much like a swing speed based driver offering. Lower or moderate in TS1, Average in TS2, Average to Higher in TS3, and Gorilla in TS4

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jayjay0808 said:

Does anyone know if this is the most drivers Titleist has offered at once? Maybe not?

I believe it is. Most I can recall them ever having at one time from the same family of drivers is 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jayjay0808 said:

Wow, for a company that stood by its traditional model maybe they found a space in the industry that they were lacking. Very much like a swing speed based driver offering. Lower or moderate in TS1, Average in TS2, Average to Higher in TS3, and Gorilla in TS4

You know two things came to mind immediatelyu when I saw that release this morning.   

1) how they commented upon the first TS release that they made no bones about it, they had been losing the LM battle in big box stores to Callaway and others. 

2) That now being a public company, they are probably under more pressure to perform in all categories than just balls, and have outside eyes on them for the first time.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Seems like a bold move for Titleist to offer 4 different drivers at retail. I do think it's a good idea to give the average golfer and slower speed players a better option than TS2, but I'm curious to see how they adjust production numbers to prevent serious overstock of some models like we've seen in the past from other OEMs. Regardless of all that though, the message seems clear. Titleist is tired of Taylormade and Callaway grabbing so much attention for their clubs and balls.

Titleist has never had an issue with overstocking shops like TM did and somewhat still do and Callaway kind of does. 

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You know two things came to mind immediatelyu when I saw that release this morning.   

1) how they commented upon the first TS release that they made no bones about it, they had been losing the LM battle in big box stores to Callaway and others. 

2) That now being a public company, they are probably under more pressure to perform in all categories than just balls, and have outside eyes on them for the first time.  

The first point is spot on. They still believe their drivers perform great and in many cases outperform the other brands when properly fit and they still push that but knowing the vast majority of golfers don’t get fit and go hit some balls and the club that gives them the longest number they buy they needed to fix that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how Titleist has adapted to the market. Demand truly runs the show.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, 40-45 gram shafts, at almost 46" length...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is right in my wheelhouse when I compare it to my XXIO X driver. Same length and shaft weight. 3 drivers have failed to beat the XXIO this year, will this be the 4th?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems genius by Titleist. Most golfers at the superstore or galaxy aren't interested in trying out the XXIO or Wilson or Tour Edge, but if they can get the same lightweight benefits of those drivers and still have a Titleist in their bag they're gonna hop right on that. I'm impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoke to a friend that is a Titleist fitter, and either June or July he will be going to golf courses to do fittings for Titleist staffers with new irons. Didn't tell me anything about them, just that they were coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...