Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

WITB - Bag on a budget

Finally getting around to doing a WITB.  Budget details at the end.

Driver:  Top Flite 2016 Tour 9.5*

3W: Top Flite 2016 Tour

5wood & 4hybrid: Top Flite Gamer Tour

Irons: Wilson C200 5-GW (I have the 4iron but don't carry it)

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized 56* and 60*

Putter: Ping Cadence TR B65 Putter 33.5"

Other clubs I am rotate in/out of play:

2-hybrid & 3-hybrid: Taylormade Rescue 11 TP

Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini 14*

Wedge: Wilson Harmonized 52*

Bag:  Wilson Ionix Light stand bag.  Also have a Tour Trek 360 Push Cart.

I have a mix of new & used clubs. 

NEW:  The Top Flites were all new from DSG and due to sales were all $40 each.  My irons were bought new on clearance for $300.  Wedges were new and $75 for the set of 3.

USED:  TM hybrids were bought used and $30something each.  The most expensive single club in my bag is the Ping putter (also used) and cost me $60. 

There you have it.  They may not be the most expensive, highest performing clubs, but golf doesn't need to break the bank. 

Edited by TwoCoatsOfWax

Great bag! I 100% agree, you don't need to break the bank to break 80 (or even 70). 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

LOL I also have Top Flite Twour Gamer Driver/3H that I bought at DSG for $80 both. 

A friend gave me a Ping i20 3W. I have Mizuno MP-60 PW-5 iron that I bought used at "Play it again sports" for $140 (they were a gift from my wife!). That same day I also bought a 4 hybrid (24 deg) for $10, and i love that freaking club! It's an AMF Sequence (never heard of that brand before).

My wedges are hand-me-downs: 52deg Cleveland REG 588 and 58deg Wilson Staff FG Tour. 

So I guess in total my bag has cost $230 because my wedges and 3W were hand-me-downs. xD. Of course, I had bought other clubs before so I've spent more money on golf in general.

Currently play the Srixon Q-Star but have been trying out the previous generation ProV1.

Nothing at all wrong with any of that---- It does not have to be the latest and greatest or cost  gadzillion dollars to work----- Some of my classic stuff that I can manage quite well I have less in a whole set than a lot of folks have in a sleeve of ProV1s--- Of course I do work for a metal recycle company and buy stuff at scrap prices--- 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I like it! One of my absolute favorite drivers EVER was the Top-Flite Thunderheat! That driver was incredible. Thanks for sharing 🙂 

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, BIG STU said:

Nothing at all wrong with any of that---- It does not have to be the latest and greatest or cost  gadzillion dollars to work----- Some of my classic stuff that I can manage quite well I have less in a whole set than a lot of folks have in a sleeve of ProV1s--- Of course I do work for a metal recycle company and buy stuff at scrap prices--- 

Not at all.  If I do my part, the ball goes where it's supposed to with any of these clubs.  I got back into the game last year after a lay off of several years.  I didn't want to break the bank but I still wanted mostly new clubs because it's just nice to have new things sometimes.  At some point I may go get fitted in the near future.