Golfspy_CG2

Testers ANNOUNCED: Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 Hybrid

Stephen, Durham CT

13/98MPH

Taylor Made SLDR - I have 2, a 19 degree and a 23 degree

What loft you think you would choose and why- I would choose a 19 degree.  I use my hybrid a lot to advance the ball on par 5s and also to tee off on short part 4s.  I'm in the market to replace my hybrids at some point this season and would love to test this.

Posted (edited)

Scott / Portsmouth, New Hampshire

2 HCP / 112 SS (with driver)

Titleist 818 H2 19* loft (A1 setting)

19* loft fits my gapping at the top of my bag (230 carry)

Thanks!

Edited by Rolpher

First Name/City, State: Travis/Madison, AL

Handicap/SS: 5/108 driver

Current hybrid model Played: Titleist 909h 19deg

What loft you think you would choose and why: 19deg is right gap from 3wood at 15deg to 3iron at 23deg. 

Eric, Morro Bay, CA

Handicap: 10

Current Hybrid: 14* Cleveland Launcher

Loft and why: I would probably choose a 19* loft. I would chose this because it would give me a club and hopefully a yardage between my current woods/hybrids and my 4 iron to allow me to hit greens from 210+ yards easier.

Posted (edited)

First Name/city, state- Kodie/ Oak Grove, MO

Handicap/SS - 29/105

Current Hybrid - Adams model 19

20° I'd like just a bit more loft because I sometime have trouble getting my current Hybrid up high enough to get the distance I would like

Edited by Burnskodie21
Needed to expand reason

Jack-New York, NY

8.0 HCP

No Hybrid, Mizuno MP-58 3 Iron

19* to replace my 3 iron loft

Posted (edited)

Phil / Grand Forks, ND

0 / 115

No hybrid. PXG 3 driving iron

Edited by pkroetsch

Max / Syracuse NY

Handicap 2

ss 113

Currently use a P790 2 iron, would love to replace. Maybe an 17/18 degree 

First Name/City, State Joseph, Charlestown, MA and Charlotte,NC

Handicap/SS  13

Current hybrid model Played  2015 Big Bertha OS 22 degree recoil shaft 

2017 Exotic 17 degree used as a driving hybrid, aftermarket patterson shaft 

What loft you think you would choose and why ......22 degree, to replace the current 22 degree I have.  I hit that club very solid and have considered replacing it before but have not made the leap yet.  I would like to try more exotic products because they have a great price point and I have been told by several people they make some of the best hybrids and woods in the game.  The 17 degree CBX I have is a monster but I only hit it off the tee box.  I want to see the launch and distance gains from the turf.  My 4 hybrid gets pulled for a variety of shots, not just for an occasional blast down the fairway on a short par 5.    

Andy   Escanaba, MI

18/97MPH Driver

Currently game a Maltby KE4 TC 22° Kuro Kage black 2nd Gen -1" regular flex.

Would like the 20° CBX to get a better fit between my 5 iron and 5 wood gapping.

First Name/City, State

Sen/Goodyear/arizona

Handicap/SS

15.6//driver=97

Current hybrid model Played

adams red

What loft you think you would choose and why

19-22 I have more downward attack angle. Also I have the whole summer off to test. Thanks

Ryan, Atlanta GA

23/115

R15 21 degree and Cobra F8 one length 22 degree

20 degree hybrid as a 5 wood replacement

Nick/ Ninety Six, SC

8.1/ 105 mph 

dont have a hybrid right right now. I’m looking for one to replace My 5 wood. 

19 degree to fit My 3 wood- 4 iron gap

John-James, Blaine WA

+1.7, 112mph

Tour Edge CB Pro U 17* 

If I were to be lucky enough to test this hybrid I would most likely select the 18*. The reason for that is even though my hybrid is my security blanket off the tee, I still like to use my hybrid to act greens on par 5's and the extra loft would help land the ball more softly.

Grant/Scottsdale AZ

5 hcp 90 mph

Titleist 816H 23 & 19, Diamana blue S 

23-degree 200 yards

19-degree 215 yards

Posted (edited)

First Name/City, State:  Casey / Kirkland, WA

Handicap/SS:   13 / 105 driver

Current hybrid model Played:  No hybrid (TM M4 4 iron 19*)

What loft you think you would choose and why:  20* Evenflow Blue 6.0 (should be slightly longer than my current M4 4 iron, be more usable for par 5 approach)

Edited by RealKanoDog

Rob - Wake Forest, NC
HCDP - 2.4
Driver swing speed - 108-112mph
Current:  Titleist H1 21* set to 21.75* w/ Diamana S+ Stiff

If these are low spin as they are supposed to be then I'll probably need to play the 22* loft to hit it high enough and not have it go too far.

First Name/City, State: tom/Montclair, nj
Handicap/SS: 20, 105
Current hybrid model Played: some older Hybrid baffler
What loft you think you would choose and why: 20 degrees because I would discover a slight different ball flight. 

Josh Austin/ Malverne NY

Handicap-2/110

Current hybrid model Played- none 

What loft you think you would choose and why - I’d choose 18* to fill the gap between 3-wood and 3 iron. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Gman

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Follow our three testers of the Tour Edge EXS Driver as they bring you all the details and performance of this under the radar driver.  Will it perform for them, does it sound like a driver that would fit your game?  They will leave no stone un-turned or ball un-hit in the effort to bring you a in depth and fully unbiased review of the driver.
      They will start with their Stage Ones which give you a good look at the brand new driver and tell you about their games.   While they are putting the driver in play over the next month to six weeks, they will update this thread with their thoughts and be available to answer any questions the community may have.  So fire away with anything you want to know about the Tour Edge EXS!

@Badams69                                         Stage 1                                       Stage 2
      @03trdblack                                          Stage 1                                          Stage 2
      @ZJBogey2                                            Stage 1                                       Stage 2
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS FOR BEING SELECTED...STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO FROM ME
      @revkev
      @TSauer
      @PAgolfer2017
      @mr.hicksta

Sit Down This is A Big One!! 
      What's your most effective club after your last iron and before your driver, 4-hybrid, 5 wood,  utility iron?  And how does that club fit with the rest of your clubs in that gap?  Were you fit for it?  Well according to the people I met with at PING at the PGA Show, most golfers don't pay as much attention to this area as they pay to the driver, irons and putter. Sure it may not be as thrilling as a driver fitting, and being covered up with head covers they may not bring the attention to your bag that shiny new irons do.  But properly fit and gapped, they absolutely will save strokes in your long game. 

So we are looking for four testers to join myself in putting the latest line of PING G410 fairway-woods/hybrids/crossovers to test to see how they help improve your long game.  Which clubs will you be testing?  Well that's where part of the real fun comes in. Once selected, the testers will be set up with a FREE fitting by the local rep or an authorized top fitter in the area, for the gap between driver and irons.  When the fitter has determined the setup those specs will be sent to PING and you will receive the clubs to test/review and keep. 
      It's imperative that anyone that applies for this testing, understands and agrees that they will receive exactly what the fitter recommends, and not what you think you'd prefer or think you'd be more comfortable with. If you're not willing to put your trust in the hands of professional fitters, than this testing isn't for you. So put all egos aside and go into the fitting open minded. I know I did exactly that and was quite surprised and even more pleased at the results. I'll share my experiences and setup once the testing has begun. 

Also just want everyone to know, while the recent partnership announcement between PING and Arccos is very exciting, they will not be an option for this this testing.  
      How to apply.
      This is important, so please follow these instructions carefully:

1. If you haven't already, make sure you're a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member
      2. In this thread (and ONLY in this thread - please don't go back to the blog and apply - it won't do you any good!), tell us the following:

- Your first name
      - City/State  
      - Your swing speed and handicap
      - Your current setup of FW/Hybrid/Utility,....for example:   17* Utility iron, 5 wood, 4 hybrid
      Right Hand or Left Hand

This review opportunity is open to any golfer who resides in the US (due to fitting logistics).  We'll be announcing the testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back. 

Please do not 'quote' this post when applying...

• By Golfspy_CG2
      How good can a $299 Driver be?  How much technology can a company offer for that price?    TourEdge's EXS driver was recently named My Golf Spy's Most Wanted Driver in Value.   A $299 price for a driver is enough to get anyone's attention.  But upon  a closer look, you see a great looking driver that offers a lot of the same technology offered in much higher priced offerings, such as  Roll Face technology, adjustable hosel and interchangeable weights just to name a few. 
      So as we often do, we are turning to three of our members who we know will provide a well informed and written account of the driver and what it did for them.  The chosen testers will get a driver to their specs to review and keep.   

How to be chosen:  
      Open to all US Residents who play Right-handed
      Please follow the instructions below exactly.
      First Name/State of Residence
      Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex
      Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection
      Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience. 
      We'll pick our testers sometime next week, so check back and good luck.
      -------------------------------------------------
      Testers announced!
      @03trdblack, @ZJBogey2, @Badams69 will be putting this beauty to the test.
      Announcement below...

• By jlukes
      https://mygolfspy.com/2019-taylormade-m5-m6-drivers-fairways-hybrids/

Please use this thread for all discussion, impressions and reviews of these clubs
    • By jlukes
      https://mygolfspy.com/pxg-gen-2-fairways-and-hybrids/

Please use this thread for all discussion, impressions, and reviews of the PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Hybrids.
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!