19 degree because I don't carry a 5W

Roy Chandler az

9.0 95mph

Adam 4 hybrid 

5 hybrid,my performance has been terrible

Hugo/Charlottesville, VA

5.8/107

Tour Edge Exotics EX10 Hybrid

20* to replace a 3 iron. Current EX10 Hybrid is 22* and while I do love it for its performance and versatility, I often feel like it's perhaps lofted a bit too close to my 4 iron (Wilson V6 @ 24*).

Charles/Skokie IL

18/98 mph Hybrid

Cobra F9 19° and 21° with KBS FST Prototype 75 R Shaft Lamkin Sonar Midsize grips.

19° to swap out my 19° Cobra because that way it will get used a lot.  

Matt - North Kingstown RI

8.4/107

TM Jetspeed 19* MATRIX Black tie

I would choose the 19* because mine is due for an upgrade and it fits into my bag gapping 

Chuck/Mount Pleasant, SC 

Hdcp  11.2/SS 93 mph

Titleist 816h1 18* and 818h1 22.5* w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour 8.8 HD Stiff shafts.    

At 72 years of age I prefer these hybrids over long irons.  Find that I can hit them with accuracy and can count on them from 185 to 205.       

Matt / Vancouver WA

6.9 / 102

Adams Idea Pro Black 19 degree

20 degree, 3 iron replacement

Bob Bowers/ Carmel, In

9.0 handicap 92MPH

20/21 degree for replacement of my 4 hybrid

Harry    Moncton,NB

23 / approx 90

Taylormade RBZ 19° and Taylormade M4 22°

Would stick with 22° as that would be perfect for the yardage I'm looking for

Mike, PEORIA Illinois

Handicap of 22, swing speed of 92 for hybrid 

Currently using a Ping G400 3H

Looking for about 24 degree, (4H), as already have 3W.

John...   Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

12.1 index

Currently carry 5 hybrids...     2 / 17 degree    3 / 19 Degree    4/22 Degree    5/25 Degree    6/28 Degree    all Taylormade

Would try any that come close to matching the loft of my current clubs so that I could compare...    THANK YOU    

Blake/Kansas City, MO

12 handicap, 110-115 mph

Currently hit Titleist 909H 21 degree (bought used)

18, maybe 19 - currently researching ideal set up for the top of my golf bag. Planning on getting a new driver, 3 fairway wood, and 3 hybrid this summer. I got Mizuno JPX 900 irons last year and have a 21 degree 4 iron so I'm thinking 18 or 19 degree hybrid makes the most sense. Would love to test the Tour Edge hybrid, first set of clubs I ever had were Tour Edge. Would be willing to provide as much detail and data desired, both from driving range as well as on course from fairway/rough. 

Mike/Richmond, VA

6.2/100-ish

TaylorMade RBZ Tour (if my daughter hasn't pulled it out of my bag)

21*, as this seems to fill the gap between my longest iron and my shortest wood nicely

Thanks again for all of these great testing opportunities

Matt/ Topeka, Kansas

+1/112

Adams Redline Xflex 18 degree

Either continue with the 18 degree or 20 degree. For me, I need a strong 3 or soft 2 to keep the gapping yardage correct between my 3 wood and 4 iron. 

Eric, Chicago, IL

Longtime lurker, first time testing applicant.

12.2 Index / 110 avg 3H swing speed (112-115 driver)

Titleist 910H (19 deg, currently in A1 setting) 

Ultimately, I think I would choose to purchase the 20 degree Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 Hybrid because my Exotics CBX T3 15 deg fairway wood was noticeably longer (10-15 yards carry) than the Titleist 910F 15 deg fairway wood it replaced.  If the CBX 119 Hybrid is just as long (and low spinning) as its fairway brethren, then I would add the extra loft to keep my current gapping (220 hybrid; 205 4 iron) relatively similar.  For testing purposes, however, I believe an apples-to-apples  comparison of my current 19 deg gamer to the CBX 119 19 deg is warranted. 

TIA for the opportunity.

Tim/CA

13.8/105

Callaway Big Bertha OS #3

22* or 4 hybrid. I would like to test something that would fill the gap I have at around 200 yards 

Dan Corun / Honoraville, Alabama

13 / 90

Cobra F6

19* 

Posted (edited)

7 index with a swing speed of 95. 2 months out of knee replacement and tuning up the game again. Playing a Ping G 17 degree. Too flat a ball flight. Would love to try 19 degree to land ball a little softer. Will play 50 plus rounds by year's end from here on out. Gotta love the Valley of the Sun! Thanks for the opportunity.

Edited by Tincuptim
Added additional info.

First Name/City, State

Jeff / Draper, Utah

Handicap/SS

8.6 UGA

Current hybrid model Played

Callaway warbird 7 wood. reshafted 

Titlesrt 5 wood 913h

What loft you think you would choose and why

i need a mix of 5 iron length and 3 iron height and carry. I need around a 20 degree loft. That has a lot more carry than my current set. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Garland McClure

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Follow our three testers of the Tour Edge EXS Driver as they bring you all the details and performance of this under the radar driver.  Will it perform for them, does it sound like a driver that would fit your game?  They will leave no stone un-turned or ball un-hit in the effort to bring you a in depth and fully unbiased review of the driver.
      They will start with their Stage Ones which give you a good look at the brand new driver and tell you about their games.   While they are putting the driver in play over the next month to six weeks, they will update this thread with their thoughts and be available to answer any questions the community may have.  So fire away with anything you want to know about the Tour Edge EXS!

@Badams69                                         Stage 1                                       Stage 2
      @03trdblack                                          Stage 1                                          Stage 2
      @ZJBogey2                                            Stage 1                                       Stage 2
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS FOR BEING SELECTED...STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO FROM ME
      @revkev
      @TSauer
      @PAgolfer2017
      @mr.hicksta

Sit Down This is A Big One!! 
      What's your most effective club after your last iron and before your driver, 4-hybrid, 5 wood,  utility iron?  And how does that club fit with the rest of your clubs in that gap?  Were you fit for it?  Well according to the people I met with at PING at the PGA Show, most golfers don't pay as much attention to this area as they pay to the driver, irons and putter. Sure it may not be as thrilling as a driver fitting, and being covered up with head covers they may not bring the attention to your bag that shiny new irons do.  But properly fit and gapped, they absolutely will save strokes in your long game. 

So we are looking for four testers to join myself in putting the latest line of PING G410 fairway-woods/hybrids/crossovers to test to see how they help improve your long game.  Which clubs will you be testing?  Well that's where part of the real fun comes in. Once selected, the testers will be set up with a FREE fitting by the local rep or an authorized top fitter in the area, for the gap between driver and irons.  When the fitter has determined the setup those specs will be sent to PING and you will receive the clubs to test/review and keep. 
      It's imperative that anyone that applies for this testing, understands and agrees that they will receive exactly what the fitter recommends, and not what you think you'd prefer or think you'd be more comfortable with. If you're not willing to put your trust in the hands of professional fitters, than this testing isn't for you. So put all egos aside and go into the fitting open minded. I know I did exactly that and was quite surprised and even more pleased at the results. I'll share my experiences and setup once the testing has begun. 

Also just want everyone to know, while the recent partnership announcement between PING and Arccos is very exciting, they will not be an option for this this testing.  
      How to apply.
      This is important, so please follow these instructions carefully:

1. If you haven't already, make sure you're a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member
      2. In this thread (and ONLY in this thread - please don't go back to the blog and apply - it won't do you any good!), tell us the following:

- Your first name
      - City/State  
      - Your swing speed and handicap
      - Your current setup of FW/Hybrid/Utility,....for example:   17* Utility iron, 5 wood, 4 hybrid
      Right Hand or Left Hand

This review opportunity is open to any golfer who resides in the US (due to fitting logistics).  We'll be announcing the testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back. 

Please do not 'quote' this post when applying...

• By Golfspy_CG2
      How good can a $299 Driver be?  How much technology can a company offer for that price?    TourEdge's EXS driver was recently named My Golf Spy's Most Wanted Driver in Value.   A $299 price for a driver is enough to get anyone's attention.  But upon  a closer look, you see a great looking driver that offers a lot of the same technology offered in much higher priced offerings, such as  Roll Face technology, adjustable hosel and interchangeable weights just to name a few. 
      So as we often do, we are turning to three of our members who we know will provide a well informed and written account of the driver and what it did for them.  The chosen testers will get a driver to their specs to review and keep.   

How to be chosen:  
      Open to all US Residents who play Right-handed
      Please follow the instructions below exactly.
      First Name/State of Residence
      Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex
      Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection
      Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience. 
      We'll pick our testers sometime next week, so check back and good luck.
      -------------------------------------------------
      Testers announced!
      @03trdblack, @ZJBogey2, @Badams69 will be putting this beauty to the test.
      Announcement below...

• By jlukes
      https://mygolfspy.com/2019-taylormade-m5-m6-drivers-fairways-hybrids/

Please use this thread for all discussion, impressions and reviews of these clubs
    • By jlukes
      https://mygolfspy.com/pxg-gen-2-fairways-and-hybrids/

Please use this thread for all discussion, impressions, and reviews of the PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Hybrids.
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!