TESTERS WANTED! ×

Memorial Day 2019

Got around to swapping out my every-day flag with the one I use for special occasions like tomorrow's remembrance. IMG_20190526_095725446_HDR.thumb.jpg.090179858a750dcbbcc1f044f38e935b.jpg

This particular example is very special to me. It is number 1138 and was flown over the USS Arizona on July 4, 2016. I remember the minute I walked onto the grounds of that facility and first looked across the water to the memorial...I was blubbering like a baby and even writing about that experience right now still brings back seriously misty eyes.

I never wish anyone a "happy" Memorial Day-nothing "happy" about it in my mind. While the majority of folks simply use this day as extra time off, I know better, and tomorrow is a whole lot bigger day for the most solemn of reasons. I think of my Great Uncle who was killed while landing in Normandy June 1944. Another Great Uncle who was killed by a Kamikaze attack off of Okinawa in 1945. My Grandfathers who served and survived WWII, and all my family who served in Vietnam. All long gone now. Then I think of all those boys on the Arizona who remain entombed with her...

I raise a toast to all of our fallen and lost Service Men & women. If not for your service, dedication and sacrifice to our country, we would not enjoy the freedoms that many have come to take for granted. I for one, will never forget and will never take what we have for granted. Like you, I will continue to fight for it. RIP fellow warriors.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Yes. Memorial Day is a special day. It’s the day that we remember the men and women who have served our country with honor and pride. Ultimately giving their life so that we can be free. Many service men and women made it home, many did not. We salute those who proudly serve, and we remember the ones who didn’t come home. Thank you for your sacrifice. “Greater Love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life down for his friends” John 15:13 (KJV). 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I couldn’t agree more guys. I always dislike when people say happy Memorial Day or ask “How are you going to celebrate Memorial Day”. I just politely say there isn’t anything happy about it to me or I don’t celebrate Memorial Day. I HONOR Memorial Day by remembering those that payed the ultimate price to ensure our freedoms that we do often take for granted.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

31 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I couldn’t agree more guys. I always dislike when people say happy Memorial Day or ask “How are you going to celebrate Memorial Day”. I just politely say there isn’t anything happy about it to me or I don’t celebrate Memorial Day. I HONOR Memorial Day by remembering those that payed the ultimate price to ensure our freedoms that we do often take for granted.

Well stated my friend. Cheers.

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

5 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Got around to swapping out my every-day flag with the one I use for special occasions like tomorrow's remembrance. IMG_20190526_095725446_HDR.thumb.jpg.090179858a750dcbbcc1f044f38e935b.jpg

This particular example is very special to me. It is number 1138 and was flown over the USS Arizona on July 4, 2016. I remember the minute I walked onto the grounds of that facility and first looked across the water to the memorial...I was blubbering like a baby and even writing about that experience right now still brings back seriously misty eyes.

I never wish anyone a "happy" Memorial Day-nothing "happy" about it in my mind. While the majority of folks simply use this day as extra time off, I know better, and tomorrow is a whole lot bigger day for the most solemn of reasons. I think of my Great Uncle who was killed while landing in Normandy June 1944. Another Great Uncle who was killed by a Kamikaze attack off of Okinawa in 1945. My Grandfathers who served and survived WWII, and all my family who served in Vietnam. All long gone now. Then I think of all those boys on the Arizona who remain entombed with her...

I raise a toast to all of our fallen and lost Service Men & women. If not for your service, dedication and sacrifice to our country, we would not enjoy the freedoms that many have come to take for granted. I for one, will never forget and will never take what we have for granted. Like you, I will continue to fight for it. RIP fellow warriors.

Thank you PA#9, and other contributors, for sharing your thoughts here. It *is* sad that it's so often forgotten what this day really means.

Thank you all active and former service members on this forum, and everywhere.

Oh and dude.. nice flag! It's really something when you have a meaningful flag like that for special occasions!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

14 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Thank you PA#9, and other contributors, for sharing your thoughts here. It *is* sad that it's so often forgotten what this day really means.

Thank you all active and former service members on this forum, and everywhere.

Oh and dude.. nice flag! It's really something when you have a meaningful flag like that for special occasions!

Thanks Man...really...heart-felt thank-you. A little misty...👊

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

. I HONOR Memorial Day by remembering those that payed the ultimate price to ensure our freedoms that we do often take for granted.

What a great response!

Our Memorial Day "service" is the highlight of our Club. It was held again today as it has for the past 19 years. In addition to the traditional agenda which includes a prayer by our Chaplin to memorialize the fallen, honor guard, cannon salute, local chorale,laying of a wreath (into Lake Erie), we also had a speaker present how the Great Lakes were involved in all of the wars. Perhaps the most starling comment is that 51% of our youth today don't understand what Memorial Day stands for.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Love this post. Much love to everyone whose ever worn the cloth of this nation. To those who never made it out of uniform, We Remember. -Cliff. Active Duty USN, EODCS.

Driver-    Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Aldila Rouge Max 75X 

3 Wood- Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rouge Max 85X

Hybrid-   Callaway GBB Epic 19 UST Recoil F4

Irons-      Callaway CF Apex 16'  4-PW S300

Wedges- Titleist SM6 GW/SW/LW S300

Putter-    Ping Anser Sigma G w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Ball-        Bridgestone B330/ TaylorMade TP4/ Titleist ProV1

Grips-     Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey

I’m forever thankful for all of those who gave their lives for our freedom. God bless their souls!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I’ll be remembering all of our fallen service members, the sacrifices too often go under appreciated.

Both of my grandfathers served, they made it home safely along with the rest of the gentlemen below, but have since passed.

WWII, and Korean wars.

My Great Uncles WWII, Korean.

My Great Great Grandfather WWI.

Memorial Day is very special to me and let us pay tribute to our fallen Hero’s.

IMG_0460.JPG

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

3 hours ago, CFrazier said:

Love this post. Much love to everyone whose ever worn the cloth of this nation. To those who never made it out of uniform, We Remember. -Cliff. Active Duty USN, EODCS.

Thank you Brother. 

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

Memorial Day is very special to me and let us pay tribute to our fallen Hero’s. emoji631.png

IMG_0460.JPG

Amen

Driver

#Powertotheplayers