TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Hard Rock Challenge 2019

JohnSmalls

3 minutes ago, RoverRick said:

I got to play 9 holes yesterday with a Bridgestone E7. Actually played 18 first with a ProV1x and shot 42-42. My handicap was up to 12 but trending back down. With the E7 I knew it wouldn’t spin so played it to the front of the greens. I was just 2 over going into the final hole, but tee shot in the water, approach shot in the water, and an 8 on the final hole so another 42. No pics. Intended to take them after the round, but I only had 2 and therefore none to even finish the hole.

I can tell you it was not the ball’s fault.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Not a problem Rick.  Thanks for giving the HRC a go.  That's a heck of a round with an 8 on the final hole.  What is your handicap and what course did you play?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Not a problem Rick.  Thanks for giving the HRC a go.  That's a heck of a round with an 8 on the final hole.  What is your handicap and what course did you play?

Okay. I went out and got a scorecard because the one online is an old one and does not include last year’s additions. I also wrote my scores on it.

IMG_1503.thumb.JPG.745bf10b0c6fdb13ac62a1f9d607e32a.JPG

I played at Sulphur Springs Country Club. Par 72 and they claim a 71.0/119 rating. Last month in a tournament my cap was a 12.3. I’ve been playing much better but early Sunday my 30-70 yard shots (usually my forte) cost me several extra stokes.

IMG_1502.PNG.c7b28619be367aa0b010a7c3e267b448.PNG

This is the 18th hole. Do not miss to the right EVER! And do not miss right twice.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

On 6/30/2019 at 11:53 AM, JohnSmalls said:

If you can make it 9 holes with this thing you get honorary HoF induction 

I guess I'll have to save it until next year.  I actually never really thought about playing it, but that would be interesting.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Annnnnnd  MGS HRC 2019 is a wrap!  Congrats to all the competitors that were brave enough to risk limb and equipment and take a break from their finely tuned golf balls by taking a lap with a dimpled piece of granite.  It has been a blast competing with you guys again this year.  Special shout out for the revised safety equipment @PING Apologist #9 and @fixyurdivot for the pyrotechnics display.  You guys keep getting more and more creative, I love it!   Also want to thank you guys for all of the photos posted and for @fixyurdivotfor that special remembrance of his dad with the Hogan 392 golf balls.   I really appreciate you guys taking your time to add to this thread, whether by posting scores or just interacting with the group.  Last year when we started I hoped this would be a fun way to help bring the forum together for a little friendly and not so serious competition.  With that we had a first spy vs spy shootout to start off the competition that was really fun to see.

Without further adieu here are your 2019 HRC Champions:

@sirchunksalot in first place with the low score of 34.21! 

@HardcoreLooper is your Long Drive Champion of 2019 with a bomb of 284yds.

It just goes to show if you keep pounding rocks down range...marginally positive things will happen!   I will be reaching out to you shortly to send you your awards.

Thanks again to everyone here.  You guys make this thread rock (terrible pun very intended, you're welcome).  I hope you guys have enjoyed it as much as I have, I hope you will join us again for HRC V3 which is scheduled for June 1 of 2020!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

12 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Annnnnnd  MGS HRC 2019 is a wrap!  Congrats to all the competitors that were brave enough to risk limb and equipment and take a break from their finely tuned golf balls by taking a lap with a dimpled piece of granite.  It has been a blast competing with you guys again this year.  Special shout out for the revised safety equipment @PING Apologist #9 and @fixyurdivot for the pyrotechnics display.  You guys keep getting more and more creative, I love it!   Also want to thank you guys for all of the photos posted and for @fixyurdivotfor that special remembrance of his dad with the Hogan 392 golf balls.   I really appreciate you guys taking your time to add to this thread, whether by posting scores or just interacting with the group.  Last year when we started I hoped this would be a fun way to help bring the forum together for a little friendly and not so serious competition.  With that we had a first spy vs spy shootout to start off the competition that was really fun to see.

It just goes to show if you keep pounding rocks down range...marginally positive things will happen!   I will be reaching out to you shortly to send you your awards.

Thanks again to everyone here.  You guys make this thread rock (terrible pun very intended, you're welcome).  I hope you guys have enjoyed it as much as I have, I hope you will join us again for HRC V3 which is scheduled for June 1 of 2020!

Congrats to the winners. 👏  Enjoy the spoils, but don't for a moment think that crystal is a permanent fixture on your mantle. 😉

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

5 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Thank you @JohnSmalls!  We couldn't have done it without you.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I’m already looking forward to hitting some rocks next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Two things to get my game in shape for, our local am next year and HRC 3.0... let the game begin.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I had an elbow tingling blast! Thanks for everything @JohnSmalls!!! Big congrats to or "Champion Rock Rollers of the Year" @sirchunksalot & @HardcoreLooper!!!

Question for "Chunks": So you're switching up to permanently using those rocks to get into single digits...right...?! I hope you have a comprehensive medical & dental plan..!😜

Also a big thanks to my fellow Spy and (now) good friend @fixyurdivot for coming down here for a round and partaking in some HRC madness. I really enjoyed the day with you and look forward to seeing you Friday in Spokane. Cheers all!

Edited by PING Apologist #9
addition

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Congrats guys. 

This was fun to do again, can't wait until next year, although my wrists and fingers can. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I had an elbow tingling blast! Thanks for everything [mention=70071]JohnSmalls[/mention]!!! Big congrats to or "Champion Rock Rollers of the Year" [mention=80128]sirchunksalot[/mention] & [mention=54754]HardcoreLooper[/mention]!!!
Question for "Chunks": So you're switching up to permanently using those rocks to get into single digits...right...?! I hope you have a comprehensive medical & dental plan..!
Also a big thanks to my fellow Spy and (now) good friend [mention=81655]fixyurdivot[/mention] for coming down here for a round and partaking in some HRC madness. I really enjoyed the day with you and look forward to seeing you Friday in Spokane. Cheers all!
If I did, I would need to get a special suit of armor from you, just to be safe. (Still love the profile pic, btw) I've got good insurance, but I don't know if they would cover the medical bills after finding out I was living dangerously like this. @JohnSmalls thank you for putting this together, it was a blast! A tournament that spans long distances and brings us together was a brilliant idea. It's definitely something that I am already looking forward to next year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 hour ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Also a big thanks to my fellow Spy and (now) good friend @fixyurdivot for coming down here for a round and partaking in some HRC madness. I really enjoyed the day with you and look forward to seeing you Friday in Spokane.

Likewise.  I'm thinking we meet-up in Blackfoot and or Twin Falls ID next year for HRC round or two.  👍

http://blackfootgc.com/

http://canyonspringsgolf.com/

42 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Likewise.  I'm thinking we meet-up in Blackfoot and or Twin Falls ID next year for HRC round or two.  👍

http://blackfootgc.com/

http://canyonspringsgolf.com/

You bet!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

• 4 weeks later...

I just got home, and look at what was in the mail. 20190802_194529-01.jpeg.e90584ffc62c56c9ce984345ea07af77.jpeg

A big thank you goes out to @JohnSmalls for putting this all together! It was a great time sharing this experience with some amazing spies. You will are what make this the best golf forum in the world. 

I just got home, and look at what was in the mail. 20190802_194529-01.jpeg.e90584ffc62c56c9ce984345ea07af77.jpeg
A big thank you goes out to [mention=70071]JohnSmalls[/mention] for putting this all together! It was a great time sharing this experience with some amazing spies. You will are what make this the best golf forum in the world. 

Great looking trophy - congrats.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

15 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

A big thank you goes out to @JohnSmalls for putting this all together! It was a great time sharing this experience with some amazing spies. You will are what make this the best golf forum in the world. 

Solid Man! Congrats!!!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Congratulations!  Even Tiger dosen't have one of these on his mantle, err... museum 😄.