Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

iJC3EFal.jpg
So, two of these balls have a story, the third one is an old Rock.
First, the pink ball. In 2017 my family took a vacation to Atlantic City for our Christmas gift. It had been a rough year and we wanted to get away for Christmas for the first time in forever. We stayed at the Bally's for a few days and my mom got us a Groupon for Glowgolf in the Showboat Hotel. To say the Showboat was abandoned by the people of Atlantic City would be kind. Apparently, the hotel had only recently reopened as a non-gaming hotel in 2016. We arrived prepared to play our round and had the Glowgolf experience of four adults. It was rinky dink and awful, our Groupon allowed 3 rounds, we only played one. However, on one of the holes I found this pink ball off course and threw it in my pocket to give back to the attendant. The ball never made it out of my pocket and I brought it back home. Yes, this is a legit mini-golf ball used at the now closed Glowgolf at the Showboat Hotel from Atlantic City and my first choice for the HRC.
Second, the non-descriptive range ball. I found this ball in my family garden 10 years ago, believed to have been hit by a younger me when I was hitting balls in the yard as a child and buried under high grass or wet ground. I have held onto it for no discernible reason and plan to use in case of loss of my Glowgolf prize.
Lastly, the HX Hot. Stupid long, stupid hard, spins lower than sumo figure skating .Wondering though if it'll qualify as it is a three piece ball upon further review. If not, replacement third ball, not pictured is a Pink Nitro from a golf outing last year that was never used.
 
Great write-up and a nice choice of rocks! It'll be interesting, to say the least, on how the mini golf ball will perform. The sumo line, that's just gold! I can't get the picture out of my head. Have fun chasing them around the course and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the second edition of the Unofficial MGS Hard Rock Challenge!  Your 2018 Champs:  @HardcoreLooper, @JTexGolfer, and @bardle  Special thanks to @PlaidJacket for the idea of starting t

I just got home, and look at what was in the mail.  A big thank you goes out to @JohnSmalls for putting this all together! It was a great time sharing this experience with some amazing spies. You

Hard Rocks selected! All dressed up and ready to cause pain. For your reading displeasure I offer the following bombs; MAXFLI #1 Max Distance & #4 Revolution NIKE #4 Crush, #3

Posted Images

Played 18 holes today and the front 9 with my chosen hard rock.  Isn't she a beauty!!

1620323213_hardrock.jpg.7552e5303cc3b54ecbfb848a54c58771.jpg1162490075_hardrock1.jpg.a9a816c56ad8c89e8f50268c53f08df1.jpg

I had planned to hit a bucket of balls before playing, but the course was wide open and weather predicted stronger winds later in the morning; so I headed straight to the tee.  Here's my scorecard and the course rating info.  I played from the white, then blue tees.  

1856979193_BHcard.jpg.49353be94d5497a96ea30b6ac2a7e1f1.jpg1108400433_bhcard1.jpg.26ee984e428931f2f0c5fdb18d0011d1.jpg

The driver, while not long today, found the fairway on 5 holes.  I nearly eagled #4 with a second shot that ran from the front apron up to within a foot of the flag.  My yardages are starting to get better dialed in with the new irons - though I have to admit, I'm still guessing a bit 😱.  Really good today was my alignment - fun watching balls fly right at the flag.  With the wind behind me on #9, and 154 yards to the pin, I opted to use my 8i and that shot rolled to within 5 feet (missed the birdie putt).  Short of a gut shot, I've never hit an 8i that far.  These G410's have some awesome carry distance.  

No candidates for closest to the pin on par 3's but was tickled with the 4i that ran onto the green on hole #8 (202 yards). On hole #7, my drive measured 262 yards, leaving me ~80 yards but with some tree limbs to worry about.  With that thought in my head, I gutted my UW and it ran across the green but just short of the creek 🤬.  It was the first s***-shot I'd hit in the round and I was so trying to get thru the nine w/o doing so. My third shot backswing was into the tall grass (like 2 feet high grass) and I barely got it onto the back apron...oh well, it could have been into the hazard.  

Perhaps best performing today was my putter; 16 putts on the front and 18 on the back.  My lags were scaring the hole and a few were within the length of the putter head. I continued to play the XL3000 on the back nine and was able to complete the round with it although I had to rescue it from the pond on #16, and caught a break on a approach that hit a tree along the OB line but careened back into the fairway 🤗.

I'm scheduled to play with a friend on Monday and may try another round with a Kryptonite rock - one of those Hogan 392's.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Great write-up and a nice choice of rocks! It'll be interesting, to say the least, on how the mini golf ball will perform. The sumo line, that's just gold! I can't get the picture out of my head. Have fun chasing them around the course and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Well sir, not to disappoint, but I stole the thought of the sumo from Geico and this ad from last year.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

  :mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Played 18 holes today and the front 9 with my chosen hard rock.  Isn't she a beauty!!

1620323213_hardrock.jpg.7552e5303cc3b54ecbfb848a54c58771.jpg1162490075_hardrock1.jpg.a9a816c56ad8c89e8f50268c53f08df1.jpg

I had planned to hit a bucket of balls before playing, but the course was wide open and weather predicted stronger winds later in the morning; so I headed straight to the tee.  Here's my scorecard and the course rating info.  I played from the white, then blue tees.  

1856979193_BHcard.jpg.49353be94d5497a96ea30b6ac2a7e1f1.jpg1108400433_bhcard1.jpg.26ee984e428931f2f0c5fdb18d0011d1.jpg

The driver, while not long today, found the fairway on 5 holes.  I nearly eagled #4 with a second shot that ran from the front apron up to within a foot of the flag.  My yardages are starting to get better dialed in with the new irons - though I have to admit, I'm still guessing a bit 😱.  Really good today was my alignment - fun watching balls fly right at the flag.  With the wind behind me on #9, and 154 yards to the pin, I opted to use my 8i and that shot rolled to within 5 feet (missed the birdie putt).  Short of a gut shot, I've never hit an 8i that far.  These G410's have some awesome carry distance.  

No candidates for closest to the pin on par 3's but was tickled with the 4i that ran onto the green on hole #8 (202 yards). On hole #7, my drive measured 262 yards, leaving me ~80 yards but with some tree limbs to worry about.  With that thought in my head, I gutted my UW and it ran across the green but just short of the creek 🤬.  It was the first s***-shot I'd hit in the round and I was so trying to get thru the nine w/o doing so. My third shot backswing was into the tall grass (like 2 feet high grass) and I barely got it onto the back apron...oh well, it could have been into the hazard.  

Perhaps best performing today was my putter; 16 putts on the front and 18 on the back.  My lags were scaring the hole and a few were within the length of the putter head. I continued to play the XL3000 on the back nine and was able to complete the round with it although I had to rescue it from the pond on #16, and caught a break on a approach that hit a tree along the OB line but careened back into the fairway 🤗.

I'm scheduled to play with a friend on Monday and may try another round with a Kryptonite rock - one of those Hogan 392's.

Awesome round, we have a new long drive champ! And we might have a new #1 on the leaderboard!   I have to admire your persistence in trying to lose that XL on the back 9

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

iJC3EFal.jpg

So, two of these balls have a story, the third one is an old Rock.

First, the pink ball. In 2017 my family took a vacation to Atlantic City for our Christmas gift. It had been a rough year and we wanted to get away for Christmas for the first time in forever. We stayed at the Bally's for a few days and my mom got us a Groupon for Glowgolf in the Showboat Hotel. To say the Showboat was abandoned by the people of Atlantic City would be kind. Apparently, the hotel had only recently reopened as a non-gaming hotel in 2016. We arrived prepared to play our round and had the Glowgolf experience of four adults. It was rinky dink and awful, our Groupon allowed 3 rounds, we only played one. However, on one of the holes I found this pink ball off course and threw it in my pocket to give back to the attendant. The ball never made it out of my pocket and I brought it back home. Yes, this is a legit mini-golf ball used at the now closed Glowgolf at the Showboat Hotel from Atlantic City and my first choice for the HRC.

Second, the non-descriptive range ball. I found this ball in my family garden 10 years ago, believed to have been hit by a younger me when I was hitting balls in the yard as a child and buried under high grass or wet ground. I have held onto it for no discernible reason and plan to use in case of loss of my Glowgolf prize.

Lastly, the HX Hot. Stupid long, stupid hard, spins lower than sumo figure skating .Wondering though if it'll qualify as it is a three piece ball upon further review. If not, replacement third ball, not pictured is a Pink Nitro from a golf outing last year that was never used.

 

This is exactly what I was hoping to see when we started this competition last year!  Awesome choices!  Can't wait to see your write up from your round.  FWIW, HX Hot was a winner last year!

  • Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 11:52 AM, JohnSmalls said:

Adjusted Scores:
JohnSmalls---------------34.35 (Nitro Extreme Distance, Pinnacle Gold)
Fixurdivot------------------34.59 (Top Flite XL3000)
MaxEntropy---------------35.57 (Pinnacle Power Core)
sirchunksalot------------38.21 (Nitro)
PING Apologist #9----43.02 (Precept EV)

@fixyurdivot  sooooooooo close! 

  • Haha 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Adjusted Scores:
JohnSmalls---------------34.35 (Nitro Extreme Distance, Pinnacle Gold)
Fixurdivot------------------34.59 (Top Flite XL3000)
MaxEntropy---------------35.57 (Pinnacle Power Core)
sirchunksalot------------38.21 (Nitro)
PING Apologist #9----43.02 (Precept EV)

OK, that's it....

I have to try to lower my score with the Molitor....

Game on!

<repeating encouraging words to myself to shave 2 strokes....>

  • Haha 2

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Awesome round, we have a new long drive champ! And we might have a new #1 on the leaderboard!   I have to admire your persistence in trying to lose that XL on the back 9

I'm on-line right now looking for more of those rocks!  At a buck a ball for this level of performance, are you kidding me? 😂  Note the "amazing soft feel" on the box.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283502507803

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Played 18 holes today and the front 9 with my chosen hard rock.  Isn't she a beauty!!
1620323213_hardrock.jpg.7552e5303cc3b54ecbfb848a54c58771.jpg1162490075_hardrock1.jpg.a9a816c56ad8c89e8f50268c53f08df1.jpg
I had planned to hit a bucket of balls before playing, but the course was wide open and weather predicted stronger winds later in the morning; so I headed straight to the tee.  Here's my scorecard and the course rating info.  I played from the white, then blue tees.  
1856979193_BHcard.jpg.49353be94d5497a96ea30b6ac2a7e1f1.jpg1108400433_bhcard1.jpg.26ee984e428931f2f0c5fdb18d0011d1.jpg
The driver, while not long today, found the fairway on 5 holes.  I nearly eagled #4 with a second shot that ran from the front apron up to within a foot of the flag.  My yardages are starting to get better dialed in with the new irons - though I have to admit, I'm still guessing a bit .  Really good today was my alignment - fun watching balls fly right at the flag.  With the wind behind me on #9, and 154 yards to the pin, I opted to use my 8i and that shot rolled to within 5 feet (missed the birdie putt).  Short of a gut shot, I've never hit an 8i that far.  These G410's have some awesome carry distance.  
No candidates for closest to the pin on par 3's but was tickled with the 4i that ran onto the green on hole #8 (202 yards). On hole #7, my drive measured 262 yards, leaving me ~80 yards but with some tree limbs to worry about.  With that thought in my head, I gutted my UW and it ran across the green but just short of the creek .  It was the first s***-shot I'd hit in the round and I was so trying to get thru the nine w/o doing so. My third shot backswing was into the tall grass (like 2 feet high grass) and I barely got it onto the back apron...oh well, it could have been into the hazard.  
Perhaps best performing today was my putter; 16 putts on the front and 18 on the back.  My lags were scaring the hole and a few were within the length of the putter head. I continued to play the XL3000 on the back nine and was able to complete the round with it although I had to rescue it from the pond on #16, and caught a break on a approach that hit a tree along the OB line but careened back into the fairway .
I'm scheduled to play with a friend on Monday and may try another round with a Kryptonite rock - one of those Hogan 392's.
Excellent round and a great drive of 262 with that rock! It sounds like you're really hitting the G410's well, too. That's some great yardage with an 8 iron. Did you find the Top Flite to be the bank you've been missing all your life? I also wonder why rocks are hard to lose, but premium balls seem to find the woods? Great job, you've given us all something to shoot for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Excellent round and a great drive of 262 with that rock! It sounds like you're really hitting the G410's well, too. That's some great yardage with an 8 iron. Did you find the Top Flite to be the bank you've been missing all your life? I also wonder why rocks are hard to lose, but premium balls seem to find the woods? Great job, you've given us all something to shoot for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Thanks! The G410 driver is working well.  I think perhaps the most significant thing about it is that I had always had a prominent fade with my Callaway GBB driver - with a not so healthy portion of them being heavy fades losing both distance and getting into trouble.  The change to the Callaway Razr-Fit in 2018 made a big difference in both distance and forgiveness; but I still tended to fade the ball. Since moving to the G410, I'm now seeing WAY more straight and even some slight draw ball flights than ever before.  

We can all laugh at these "hard rocks" (Rock-Flites in this case), but it's clear they can produce good rounds.  To be really honest, I did not find it offending from a sound or feel standpoint.  

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

OK, that's it....

I have to try to lower my score with the Molitor....

Game on!

<repeating encouraging words to myself to shave 2 strokes....>

Go get you that HRC trophy! 

  • Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm on-line right now looking for more of those rocks!  At a buck a ball for this level of performance, are you kidding me? 😂  Note the "amazing soft feel" on the box.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283502507803

Try our new soft feel 200 compression, only from Top Flite

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

We can all laugh at these "hard rocks" (Rock-Flites in this case), but it's clear they can produce good rounds.  To be really honest, I did not find it offending from a sound or feel standpoint.  

Honestly, this is on the money.  They aren't that bad, except at checking up around the green. Bump 'n runs for days.  They go forever off the tee!

  • Like 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got a chance to enter a score in the HRC (sorry, I was not playing rocks in Mexico or at Pinehurst).  Yes, I was at the executive course at TFT.  The little one and I were running to get 9 in before dark, and I played like garbage.  But there were a couple of bright spots.

Score:  40
Par:  33
Course Rating:  62.1
Slope:  111
My Current Index:  6.2

I decided I'd play the current rock as long as I could manage to make at least bogeys with it.  Double-bogey = instant ejection.  So let's talk rocks:

image.png.ff45eb4d0b9b22cec9be047678d6356b.png

Of course, I had to start with a Molitor Cocktail.  It rattled the fillings out of my teeth with my first swing, but I managed to make a par with it.  Then landing on hardpan led to a semi-bladed wedge over a green, minor hand trauma, and a double-bogey.  So out goes the Molitor.

image.png.93046d142aaa2e097b1ae1002919cb5b.png

On to the bright orange Titleist Velocity.  I'll tell you what; it's aptly named:

image.thumb.png.e9e96ba25a7a15ac2c49394e03a61759.png

It was hard to see; I thought I actually hadn't hit it all that well, but I guess I did.  Oh, and as for that 74 yard LW...

image.thumb.png.0ebdb7c111b1bd9db817d2859f788697.png

It turned out OK.  It rolled out about 10 feet or so to finish up an inch short of an eagle.  I managed to make the putt.  I played the Velocity for five holes, and I was actually kind of enjoying it until I hit the world's worst wedge shot 20 yards left of the green and into a hazard.  So on to my final ball...

image.png.715c79a1f94a8c6480d14286525dd804.png

Yes folks, it was time to go for the gold.  And my crappy play continued.  I had trouble finding the golf course for the last two holes.  I even tried to lose the PG on 9, but I managed to find it in the hazard and got it out after two hacks at it.

To be honest, I could possibly play the Velocity if I practiced with it around the greens.  It's like chipping/pitching a superball, not a regular golf ball.

I know my score's not going to win me anything, but hopefully that long drive will hold up.  I'll definitely be trying for a better score if I get another chance.

 

 

  • Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, my HRC round won't be this weekend due to crazy rain in CNY, 3 inches in a day! Gonna push for a post work run-out or last resort next Saturday

  • Like 2

  :mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Finally got a chance to enter a score in the HRC (sorry, I was not playing rocks in Mexico or at Pinehurst).  Yes, I was at the executive course at TFT.  The little one and I were running to get 9 in before dark, and I played like garbage.  But there were a couple of bright spots.

Score:  40
Par:  33
Course Rating:  62.1
Slope:  111
My Current Index:  6.2

I decided I'd play the current rock as long as I could manage to make at least bogeys with it.  Double-bogey = instant ejection.  So let's talk rocks:

image.png.ff45eb4d0b9b22cec9be047678d6356b.png

Of course, I had to start with a Molitor Cocktail.  It rattled the fillings out of my teeth with my first swing, but I managed to make a par with it.  Then landing on hardpan led to a semi-bladed wedge over a green, minor hand trauma, and a double-bogey.  So out goes the Molitor.

image.png.93046d142aaa2e097b1ae1002919cb5b.png

On to the bright orange Titleist Velocity.  I'll tell you what; it's aptly named:

image.thumb.png.e9e96ba25a7a15ac2c49394e03a61759.png

It was hard to see; I thought I actually hadn't hit it all that well, but I guess I did.  Oh, and as for that 74 yard LW...

image.thumb.png.0ebdb7c111b1bd9db817d2859f788697.png

It turned out OK.  It rolled out about 10 feet or so to finish up an inch short of an eagle.  I managed to make the putt.  I played the Velocity for five holes, and I was actually kind of enjoying it until I hit the world's worst wedge shot 20 yards left of the green and into a hazard.  So on to my final ball...

image.png.715c79a1f94a8c6480d14286525dd804.png

Yes folks, it was time to go for the gold.  And my crappy play continued.  I had trouble finding the golf course for the last two holes.  I even tried to lose the PG on 9, but I managed to find it in the hazard and got it out after two hacks at it.

To be honest, I could possibly play the Velocity if I practiced with it around the greens.  It's like chipping/pitching a superball, not a regular golf ball.

I know my score's not going to win me anything, but hopefully that long drive will hold up.  I'll definitely be trying for a better score if I get another chance.

 

 

Could Titleist have possibly picked a worse color orange? 😄

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was the worst of times, it was the best of times playing my second round of the HRC. My first nine holes made me question my sanity for willingly choosing to subject myself to this game. I couldn't do anything right from driver to putter. I nearly hit myself with a ball on 7 when I hit 3 wood dead into the trunk of a tree and it ricocheted back at me. My driving was the worst it's been since starting to game the Epic Flash Sub Zero, and I was a three putt machine. I ended up shooting 51 on the front.

Then I got to the back nine where I shot the best nine hole round of my life. I have no earthly idea what happened, but I am not going to complain. I wasn't long off the tee, but I was fairly accurate and was hitting greens. Hit 4/6 fairways and 6/9 greens and only had four three putts. Had four pars, three bogeys, and two doubles for a 42. This was with Nitro's! Played Waterville again from the whites which have a course and slope rating of 33.7/115 for the back nine. My Arccos handicap is sitting at 20.3. I'm just going to forget the front ever happened.
giphy(2).gif

Here's my scorecard:
Screenshot_20190621-113853_Firefox.jpeg



Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

It was the worst of times, it was the best of times playing my second round of the HRC. My first nine holes made me question my sanity for willingly choosing to subject myself to this game. I couldn't do anything right from driver to putter. I nearly hit myself with a ball on 7 when I hit 3 wood dead into the trunk of a tree and it ricocheted back at me. My driving was the worst it's been since starting to game the Epic Flash Sub Zero, and I was a three putt machine. I ended up shooting 51 on the front.

Then I got to the back nine where I shot the best nine hole round of my life. I have no earthly idea what happened, but I am not going to complain. I wasn't long off the tee, but I was fairly accurate and was hitting greens. Hit 4/6 fairways and 6/9 greens and only had four three putts. Had four pars, three bogeys, and two doubles for a 42. This was with Nitro's! Played Waterville again from the whites which have a course and slope rating of 33.7/115 for the back nine. My Arccos handicap is sitting at 20.3. I'm just going to forget the front ever happened.
giphy(2).gif

Here's my scorecard:
Screenshot_20190621-113853_Firefox.jpeg



Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Well done! You just have to laugh at those Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde rounds.

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a hot rock I launched into the pasture this afternoon.HR1.jpg.65fd4354bbad82695cf6d28f89650cbf.jpgHR2.jpg.6834d9e197d1d4d81ebae4fff685312c.jpg

It felt quite hot while teeing it up...

HR.jpg.660ebc28f2c129a233db97a560c45382.jpg

Spontaneous combustion off the tee...

hr4.jpg.acf7b19d0e04970b4666b675df674a76.jpg

Upon re-entry to our atmosphere and terra-firma...

hr5.jpg.bc3b91b76b95a6939fae7d7b20aec4f6.jpg

Be safe out there gentlemen 😱!!!

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:35 AM, Berg Ryman said:

Well sir, not to disappoint, but I stole the thought of the sumo from Geico and this ad from last year.

 

So classic...

  • Like 1

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...