TwoCoatsOfWax

76 degree wedge (seriously)

The other day I stopped at a small sporting goods store nearby.  As usual, I browsed through the golf club rack and a 76 degree wedge caught my eye.  I know 64* wedges are fairly common.  I had one a long time ago, and a few years ago I recall seeing a 68* wedge somewhere.  But I did a double take when I saw this thing.  It's by far the most lofted club I"ve ever seen.  If I'm honest, I considered buying it just for kicks to see what sort of ridiculous shots I could hit.  Who am I kidding, I still might do just that because why not?!

20190526_124500.jpg

• Like 9

The other day I stopped at a small sporting goods store nearby.  As usual, I browsed through the golf club rack and a 76 degree wedge caught my eye.  I know 64* wedges are fairly common.  I had one a long time ago, and a few years ago I recall seeing a 68* wedge somewhere.  But I did a double take when I saw this thing.  It's by far the most lofted club I"ve ever seen.  If I'm honest, I considered buying it just for kicks to see what sort of ridiculous shots I could hit.  Who am I kidding, I still might do just that because why not?!
20190526_124500.thumb.jpg.fe7f25e34195ec760494d7f8addc4254.jpg

And it’s called “Super Fly”, go get that thing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Full swing should get you about 25 yards.  haha  Have fun with that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow! That’s crazy! I can’t imagine being a manufacturer and even bothering making a mold for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Full swing should get you about 25 yards.  haha  Have fun with that!
And 50 yards straight up.. need to clear that pine 10 ft in front of you? No problem son!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, azstu324 said:

And 50 yards straight up.. need to clear that pine 10 ft in front of you? No problem son! emoji1787.png

What I keep thinking about is taking a full swing trying to hit a ball into a 20 or 30mph wind.  There's a good chance the thing will land right where you hit it from.  Or go backwards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What I keep thinking about is taking a full swing trying to hit a ball into a 20 or 30mph wind.  There's a good chance the thing will land right where you hit it from.  Or go backwards. 

4 hours ago, TwoCoatsOfWax said:

Did you get it?!? You know you have to! 

15 hours ago, GB13 said:

Did you get it?!? You know you have to! 

Of course!  I haven't yet hit any shots with it though.

• Love 1