TESTERS WANTED! ×

PING Signs Jennifer Kupcho

This is a press release from PING.   

PING signs Jennifer Kupcho,

former world #1 amateur

PHOENIX (May 29, 2019) – Less than two months after her impressive and historic win at the inaugural Augusta National Women’s Amateur, Jennifer Kupcho, the most recent world #1 female amateur, has signed an equipment contract with PING, the company announced today. Kupcho will make her debut as a PING staff pro at this week’s U.S. Women’s Open.

Among her many achievements, Kupcho earned medalist honors in 2018 at the NCAA Division I Golf Championships and was the national collegiate Player of the Year. Last summer, she was a member of the victorious U.S. Curtis Cup, Palmer Cup, and World Amateur teams. A four-time All-American, she set numerous scoring records during her four years at Wake Forest University and this season helped the Demon Deacons reach the NCAA finals for the first time in school history. The 22-year-old is a native of Colorado, where she was a decorated junior player.     

“We’re excited to welcome a player of Jennifer’s incredible talent to PING,” said John K. Solheim, PING President. “We’ve worked with her since her junior golf days and have long admired her ability and passion for the game. Her performance at the Augusta National Women’s Amateur caught the public’s attention and proved her ability to excel under pressure on a global stage. To shoot a final-round 67 and win by four strokes was an amazing accomplishment. She’s a player who fits the PING brand in every way.”

Kupcho, who earned 2019 LPGA membership through last fall’s Q Series, said joining PING brings her confidence as she prepares to test her game at the highest level.

“I’m really happy to be with PING. They’ve been tremendous supporters of women’s golf throughout their history. I’m looking forward to representing them as a professional,” she said. “PING clubs have been in my bag for my greatest accomplishments in golf, so I have complete confidence in the equipment. It’s custom-built to fit my game and their team of experts brings me comfort knowing they’re committed to helping me bring out the best in my game.”

As part of a multi-year agreement, Kupcho will play a minimum of 11 PING clubs, including a driver and putter. Her headwear will display PING and she’ll carry a PING Tour staff bag. She tees off this week playing a G400 Max driver, G410 3 wood, G400 hybrids, i210 irons, Glide 2.0 wedges, and a Sigma G Darby putter.

Financial terms and the length of the agreement were not disclosed.

PING_Kupcho.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Used PING in college, makes total sense. This is a good get though with her and Brooke under contract I think they've got the two North American stars of the future/present locked down for some time.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Nice signing. Glad to see her end up here. She will rep them well 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Congrats Jennifer!!! Hit them well out there young lady! You are the future of PING and I know you'll do the brand well!

I also saw this earlier from Clay Ballard.

He has also signed as a PING Ambassador, aaaaaand he uses Snell balls as well. All is good in my hood lately!😎 

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Great move for both.

I recall a US Open in the 1980’s where it seemed as if half the field was gaming Eye 2’s.

Ping makes great stuff geared towards what golfers need - they should dominate LPGA and us.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

23 minutes ago, revkev said:

Great move for both.

I recall a US Open in the 1980’s where it seemed as if half the field was gaming Eye 2’s.

Ping makes great stuff geared towards what golfers need - they should dominate LPGA and us.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I agree, they (PING) certainly should dominate, but it seems rare almost to see a PING staff bag on camera amongst all the Calloway, TaylorMade & Titleist flood of gear. Fine. I consider that a virtue rather than a hindrance.

FYI, I play with a great friend of mine who refuses to ditch his 80's-vintage Eye 2 wedge and MAN he can hit it. I hear a lot of positive things about those old war birds and in fact all that chatter about PING back in the day got my attention enough to warrant a deep look-see that has sold me forever. NO Apologies..!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

7 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

I agree, they (PING) certainly should dominate, but it seems rare almost to see a PING staff bag on camera amongst all the Calloway, TaylorMade & Titleist flood of gear. Fine. I consider that a virtue rather than a hindrance.

FYI, I play with a great friend of mine who refuses to ditch his 80's-vintage Eye 2 wedge and MAN he can hit it. I hear a lot of positive things about those old war birds and in fact all that chatter about PING back in the day got my attention enough to warrant a deep look-see that has sold me forever. NO Apologies..!

I strayed away from Ping last year  - but back in the fold with my new 410 SFT, and a new 400 9 wood. I do have an 8 yr old Eye 2 60* wedge  - that I retired for a short time (replaced with a RTX 3.0) but it's back in the bag and I'll never give it up.

Interestingly when I went for my fitting - the 410 irons didn't work for me - at least not as well as the D-7 with Recoil shafts. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart