Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

STUDque Plays the Southern Maryland Amateur

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Ok we're getting close. Off travel, one week left. Time for a WITB. My signature is up to date but this post is for you, the person from the future where my signature may not be accurate.  I have a very MyGolfSpy setup and not just because I'm on the staff but because these are great clubs:

Driver: Ping G410+

@jlukes @tony@CIC @PING Apologist #9 and @fixyurdivot have already turned in superb reviews for this awesome driver. I'll turn in my thoughts after the tournament one it's had a trial by fire. 

3/4 FW & Hy: Cobra F7

It wasn't part of the official challenge, but I dipped my toe into Cobra products with the hybrid after seeing how utterly awesome the drivers were. I was a member at the time and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge just like many of you enjoyed #2 and are current enjoying #3 running right now. After success with the hybrid, I invested in the FW and now carry 2 Cobra clubs in my bag and they're ROCKETS

Irons: Ping i500

I tested these last summer alongside @Kanoito @Har in the Hat @Mr_Theoo And @GC70. Across the review and interwebs, thoughts were decidedly mixed but I found these irons to be a great fit for my game. Distance control and ball flight have been much more consistent since making the switch. 

Wedges: Hogan Equalizers

These babies were tested last spring by @KCLeo12 @ddryan @tommc23 and @GeekingGolf. Unfortunately, they didn't make GG's bag but he made them available to me to keep them in the community. The 52,56,60 were part of the review but I'm just playing the 52,56 to try and simplify my short game. For me, the wedges have been absolute magic around the green allowing me to hit shots I've never pulled off before. Like Joe, I had trouble with full shots for a while so I adjusted the length/lie and now feel like I can hit these from anywhere. 

Putter: MLA Tour Classic

When I joined the site, this were the first product review that totally enamored me. Great example of how MyGolfSpy brings opportunities that just don't exist anywhere else.  @Jmikecpa let me borrow his X-Dream for a spell and that demo period was enough for me to decide the MLA concept was for real. I got the Tour Classic since it was a model that fit me a little better. I've bounced this against other putters and I keep coming back so I'm going to embrace it. The big area of concern is the shortish putts since the head is pretty heavy but I think the P2 grips they started adding is making a difference. 

Balls: TBD

I've been bad in this respect. A ho, if you will. I've got like every ball on the market right now and need to pick one. Just one. This whole summer, I don't think I've played the same ball in back to back rounds.

Let's start with the low hanging fruit, I'm not taking the following balls into the tournament based on qty, fit, or familiarity: NXT, Z Star, Duo Pro, Elixr, and Snell Red, Snell X, Snell Black

This leaves me with: Chrome Soft, TP5x, B330S, V1x to choose between. I'm conflicted here because I shot my best round ever last year with a Truvis I found on the course, I'm more explosive off the tee and better around the green with the X balls, and I keep the Bstone in play better than the rest but without some of the upside. Decisions decisions. I'm leaning towards V1x for overall performance but may sneak a Truvis or two into the bag as slump busters if things start to go sideways. 

Other than a new set of kicks, no new stuff is coming into this tournament. I feel really good about my setup to the point that any bad shots should be blamed on the Indian instead of the Arrow. 

Nice write-up Stud! Sounds like you have a solid bag from top to bottom and I cannot wait until you have the time to write up your thoughts on the G410 driver. Best of luck to you my friend!

As for the ball selection, here is a clip of true insight...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Hit them well Stud. And best of luck! Funny how clubs that work for you don't work for me (MLA and i500) 😄

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Good luck!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Givem’ hell Stud

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

14 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Ok we're getting close. Off travel, one week left. Time for a WITB. My signature is up to date but this post is for you, the person from the future where my signature may not be accurate.  I have a very MyGolfSpy setup and not just because I'm on the staff but because these are great clubs:

Driver: Ping G410+

@jlukes @tony@CIC @PING Apologist #9 and @fixyurdivot have already turned in superb reviews for this awesome driver. I'll turn in my thoughts after the tournament once it's had a trial by fire. 

3/4 FW & Hy: Cobra F7

It wasn't part of the official challenge, but I dipped my toe into Cobra products with the hybrid after seeing how utterly awesome the drivers were. I was a member at the time and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge just like many of you enjoyed #2 and are current enjoying #3 running right now. After success with the hybrid, I invested in the FW and now carry 2 Cobra clubs in my bag and they're ROCKETS

Irons: Ping i500

I tested these last summer alongside @Kanoito @Har in the Hat @Mr_Theoo And @GC70. Across the review and interwebs, thoughts were decidedly mixed but I found these irons to be a great fit for my game. Distance control and ball flight have been much more consistent since making the switch. 

Wedges: Hogan Equalizers

These babies were tested last spring by @KCLeo12 @ddryan @tommc23 and @GeekingGolf. Unfortunately, they didn't make GG's bag but he made them available to me to keep them in the community. The 52,56,60 were part of the review but I'm just playing the 52,56 to try and simplify my short game. For me, the wedges have been absolute magic around the green allowing me to hit shots I've never pulled off before. Like Joe, I had trouble with full shots for a while so I adjusted the length/lie and now feel like I can hit these from anywhere. 

Putter: MLA Tour Classic

When I joined the site, this were the first product review that totally enamored me. Great example of how MyGolfSpy brings opportunities that just don't exist anywhere else.  @Jmikecpa let me borrow his X-Dream for a spell and that demo period was enough for me to decide the MLA concept was for real. I got the Tour Classic since it was a model that fit me a little better. I've bounced this against other putters and I keep coming back so I'm going to embrace it. The big area of concern is the shortish putts since the head is pretty heavy but I think the P2 grips they started adding is making a difference. 

Balls: TBD

I've been bad in this respect. A ho, if you will. I've got like every ball on the market right now and need to pick one. Just one. This whole summer, I don't think I've played the same ball in back to back rounds.

Sorry @JohnSmalls, I won't be taking this opportunity to enter the HRC 2019 😂. Let's start with the low hanging fruit, I'm not taking the following balls into the tournament based on qty, fit, or familiarity: NXT, Z Star, Duo Pro, Elixr, and Snell Red, Snell X, Snell Black

This leaves me with: Chrome Soft, TP5x, B330S, V1x to choose between. I'm conflicted here because I shot my best round ever last year with a Truvis I found on the course, I'm more explosive off the tee and better around the green with the X balls, and I keep the Bstone in play better than the rest but without some of the upside. Decisions decisions. I'm leaning towards V1x for overall performance but may sneak a Truvis or two into the bag as slump busters if things start to go sideways. 

Other than a new set of kicks, no new stuff is coming into this tournament. I feel really good about my setup to the point that any bad shots should be blamed on the Indian instead of the Arrow. 

There will still be time after the tournament 😁. Hope it goes well!  Have fun out there! 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Up to 159 registered now. Although the deadline was Friday, I expect them to keep adding names as we get closer. No pairings/tee times have been released yet so I'm turning my attention to the weather:

2039EF42-0D2C-4619-A319-BE015FAB36EE.jpeg

It's gonna be a hot weekend so sunscreen and hydration will be a must. The rain for Monday and Tuesday should be late night short bursts and the daytimes will be nice and hot to firm the course right up. The greens are usually fast but I'm expecting lightning. Firm fairways should be very good for my distance off the tee too. Here's hoping for lots of short irons and wedges. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

From a goal setting perspective, I think I'm on a good path aiming for 3 rounds in the 80s and break 85 once. Last year, it was champ+4 flights for regulars. My 12 HC puts me squarely in flight 3. Here's the final standings from 2018:

36B11232-7187-462D-AEFB-50D7BEDBEDF7.jpeg

For perspective, here's the winning scores from the other flights:

Champ: 207 (-9)

1) 227 (+11)

2) 231 (+15)

3) 254 (+38)

4) 269 (+53)

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

That's a good thing to think about and I hadn't yet put thought towards it. My main weather app listed no wind for days 1&2 so I went to another source:

DD4432E7-074A-4558-B792-382F6FFF9676.jpeg

To translate this into something meaningful, here's an aerial of the course. North is up:

C22CC7ED-7DB4-4A69-A7D3-052AF342F588.jpeg

Looks like the wind will be cooperating on Days 1 & 2 on the hardest holes but not much help on the rest. Day 3 should only increase 12 and 17 in length while most other holes will be a simple cross breeze. 

It's a little early and I'm sure things will change but I'm feeling good about the weather situation. Should be some beautiful weather for golf. 

Stud are you going to setup a strategy for each day meaning preplan each shot or are you just going to wing it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

18 hours ago, GeekingGolf said:

Stud are you going to setup a strategy for each day meaning preplan each shot or are you just going to wing it?

I plotted out the tee shots based on safety and the range of clubs it could leave me on the approach but not anything else beyond areas to miss safely. So much will be dependent on position. I've played it out a few times on the range and will continue to visualize. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As promised, tee times came out yesterday. I got a good one: 8:40 am off the front on day 1 and off the back day 2. The first group goes at 8 so I'll be in good shape from a pace of play perspective. This tourney usually gets backed way up as the day goes on. 

Not as promised, flights and special rules haven't been released. One of the emails mentioned the new local OB rule will be in play. That's a good thing. In years past, lift-clean-and-place was allowable from the fairway regardless of weather so I'm interested to see what else will be available. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On the practice front, I squeezed in a tiny bit of putting. Nothing remarkable besides the fact that my speed control was pretty good. If I could keep this feeling through the weekend, I'd be pretty happy. 

Flights are out. Looks like it's split up a little more this year into Champ +5 flights. Yo boy will be playing in Flight 4 with 22 other golfers. It appears to be the densest gathering of HCs as the spread is only between golfers of 12-14.3 amongst this group. Sounds like it's anyone's game.

The guys in my four some are 2 buddies I got to choose and one gentleman I haven't met before. They'll be playing out of flights 2, SR1, and 1 respectively. I look forward to playing up to them. Day 3 I'll get paired up with guys based on my standing in my flight. 

Wooooooooo boy am I happy for early tee times. It's gonna be hot as blazes this weekend. Temps will be 91, 90, and 89/chance of thunderstorm this weekend. 

I went to the mini hole today to take some swings between 100-150y. My arms weren't feeling very flexible so I need to take care to stretch extra in the morning. Also got some putting in before it was time to pick the girls up. I feel like this was overall a good last session before the main event. It was extra extra hot today too so it was good that I didn't stay out too long. 

Wooooooooo boy am I happy for early tee times. It's gonna be hot as blazes this weekend. Temps will be 91, 90, and 89/chance of thunderstorm this weekend. 
I went to the mini hole today to take some swings between 100-150y. My arms weren't feeling very flexible so I need to take care to stretch extra in the morning. Also got some putting in before it was time to pick the girls up. I feel like this was overall a good last session before the main event. It was extra extra hot today too so it was good that I didn't stay out too long. 

You got this, good luck!

Rick

Left Hand, 

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Stay loose man, you got this.  The tournament is a journey.  Enjoy every step to your ball, enjoy every swing.  And when the times are most important, remember us poor fellas that have taken on the hard rock challenge.  

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Forgot to add highlights and low lights. I picked one of each from each nine:

780FF187-C26E-483C-BA2B-A133E20BD390.jpeg

The nerves were jumping on the first tee. I was first in my group too and pounded one down the middle. The approach was on the absolute wrong part of the green but a decent lag and a 5 foot make got some confidence under the belt. 

4EA088B9-F71F-46C2-B0AB-4FFFA3F5A800.jpeg

I went against @downlowkey and hit driver here since I was feeling driver and iron confidence was low. Hit a nice wedge that landed short of the green and trickled within 3ft. Made the putt. 

B881BC32-14A4-46C9-8247-28A2913A37E7.jpeg

Rough times after opening with 3 pars. Tee ball pulled left into the junk so I had to play a provisional. Wipey fade on the approach. I lipped out the double bogey putt so it was almost a nice-ish save but nay. Since it's so hot and fast, hybrid is all I need of the tee here tomorrow. 

E0ACDD69-6CEC-42A7-857D-071DC95FEB85.jpeg

Wtf. Amiright? Only bad swing with driver today smoked a tree. Punch out hit the same tree 🤦🏻‍♂️. Did ok getting down from there but we've gotta keep holes like this out of my game. 

That's it for the quickies. Feel free to follow me on Arccos if you want to see a full recap. 

7 Doubles+ ?????  
OK, good start but you can do better!  Suck it up.  
"Time to go low."   OK, but play smart golf.

Drop the doubles it’s 82!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

7 Doubles+ ?????  🙄

OK, good start but you can do better!  Suck it up.  

"Time to go low."   OK, but play smart golf.

Fair enough. My goal for tomorrow is to not let Kenny down. Thanks for the ole kick in the pants 😅

Wow, a 324 yard drive on hole #1... that certainly set the bar high.  Good luck!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

How far did you vary from your pre-planned tee shots? And/or from all the pre-work you did?

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

10 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

How far did you vary from your pre-planned tee shots? And/or from all the pre-work you did?

1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. 3w
  5. 5/6/7 iron depending on pin
  6. Hybrid
  7. Driver (for round 1)
  8. 4/5 iron
  9. Driver
  10. 5 iron
  11. 5/6 iron depending on pin
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Hybrid
  15. 8/9 iron depending on pin
  16. Uhhhhh. Hybrid and pray
  17. 4 iron (you're on the hook @downlowkey)
  18. Driver

That's the original list. I strayed on 9 with a hybrid into the woods (will go driver tomorrow) and 17 which resulted in birdie. 

Tomorrow I'm going hybrid on 4, back to driver on 9, and 3w on 16. I had 225 across the pond so hybrid really isn't the play there. TBD on 7. As of now, driver again. 

You got this stick to your plan you will have bad holes but just minimize the damage

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Round 2 in the books. Same score in a different way. I struck the ball much better and mostly made the right club choices but I struggled around the green with multiple skulls and lip outs. I made fewer doubles for @Kenny B but also no birdies to help out. I guess you could call it a steadier round although there's still a lot of room to her better. I spent a lot of time out of position with 6ish punch outs. Really difficult to attack when you're just trying to survive. 

A4BE916A-C314-414C-B333-B5A6D5DBD068.jpeg

2 rounds under 90 so I'm 2/3 on one of my main goals. Started on the back today so here's highlights and lowlights:

B7CEB2D3-0BFC-45C6-A4F4-EACA78CC6AFF.jpeg

Highlight back 9:

Yeah boy. Made par on the hardest hole on the course. The 3w was a good strategy but it flirted with danger pretty bad as it ran through the fairway into the downslope rough before the hazard. Launched the next shot a little too far but had a nice up and down. 

2C8F51FE-AAA4-438C-AC79-747DD7B862B2.jpeg

Lowlight back 9:

Yeah I had some doubles, but this one really hurt. My chip finished within a putter length and I lipped the putt out. Sucks to execute a chip like that and fail the follow through. 

96DFC4D8-29F5-4DBC-906E-67D66266471E.jpeg

Hitting the ball off the toe isn't gonna hit many greens. Add to that a skulled chip and a 3 putt and I'd love to have this one back 😢

DE19561E-580A-47C2-B6A7-455BA859285C.jpeg

Highlight front 9:

I only hit 2 fairways today and this one felt amazing at the end of a tough day. The 8 iron in was almost perfect but experienced some ground fade into the rough. Up to this point, I had some chipping woes so it really felt great to put one within a tap in and finish the round under 90 again. 

In other news, I set an Arccos PB today with a long drive of 331 yards. Haven't had one of those since winter so I'll take it, even if that particular drive put me out of position leading to a bogey. 

I'll check in later once the whole flight has reported scores. I expect to lose a little ground on the guys in front of me but may end up in a similar position overall. Here's the link for standings if you're dying to know now:

http://www.somdamgolf.com/tourneyresults.asp?id=2019&D=R&F=4