GolfSpy STUDque

STUDque Plays the Southern Maryland Amateur

Deep Breath and play your game!  Luck!

• Like 3

I gottcha Stud! Best of luck out there! Be yourself and play stress-free...just a walk in the countryside. Hit 'em well my friend! Cheers!

• Like 2

well done- its great experience playing in a big comp. Nerves and butterflies in the stomach are to be expected on the first tee. Swing smooth and dont try and smash it until the 3rd or 4th once you've warmed up.

Look forward to the updates.

Good luck.

• Like 2

Sounds awesome.  I'll make sure to follow along.

• Like 2

Best of luck!!  I'll be following your journey.  You can doooo this!!

• Like 2

Need a looper?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Best of luck my friend.  Devise a game plan and stick to it.  Don't forget to breathe.

• Like 3

Tournaments are a great experience. Enjoy yourself. Stay within yourself and take it to them. Good luck. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Best of luck my friend.  Devise a game plan and stick to it.  Don't forget to breathe.

Wait a second, you're supposed to do that? Hope I don't forget how!

They do a good job making the first tee extra nerve wracking with a speaker blasting "Now on the tee, from........" for all the people hanging around waiting to go off or chilling to spectate. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hey man go for it---- You never know until you try----- Do your best and remember at least you gave it a try win or lose--- Good Luck to you

• Like 3

Good Luck Stud! I will be following along - it's been years since I've played in a comp that got the blood pumping - what a feeling! Play well and thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Good luck and I can't wait to read about your adventure.

• Like 3

Take em to the woodshed Stud!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Pretty cool! Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

somdlogo.png.0edadee7181d149529b9a25a1141a00a.png

Fingers sweaty.  Butterflies in the stomach.  Type type type type, click.  Click type click.  It's done.  I've officially registered to play on the SoMD Amateur.  Here we go over the top of this crazy roller coaster.  Am I making too big of a deal about this?  Definitely.  But I'm going to do my best here to create some entertaining content for the rest of you.  
I play in a weekly league that gives a nice bit of drama but there's nothing like a stroke play event.  The SoMD Amateur is the biggest of these events that comes to the local area.  Last time I played was (I think) was 7 years ago.  Every summer since, I've considered it and ultimately backed out for one reason or another.  Between kids, jobs, the price, and realistic self-assessments, I just couldn't justify entry.  This year, those things are balanced enough that I'M DOING IT!  God, so nervous.  Here's the deets:

Dates: 28-30 June
Format: 54-hole Stroke Play, putt it all the way down play all the rules 
Divisions: Regular Flighted, plus Sr and Jr.
Player Pool: 250-300 Golfers

Last time I played, attrition got the best of me.  I rarely play 2 days in a row, much less 3.  I entered as a 15 and was placed in the 4th flight (championship + 5 total).  Shooting 89, 92, 108 landed me in the middle of the pack of some 25-30 golfers in my flight.  That year was also when I took the infamous 17 on a single hole READ HERE.  This year, I'm entering as a 12 which may bump me into the 3rd or 2nd flight depending on entries.  If I can shoot 3 rounds in the 80's and break 85 once, I'll be a happy camper.  

Leading up to the event, I'll add some posts for the practice plan, course management strategy,  WITB, and whatever else comes up.  Obviously, you won't get live streams during the rounds but I'll be sure to check in with some short recaps after each round and a overall wrap-up once it's done. 
For now, wish me luck  

Hey, why not! Go, do your best but remember to keep it fun

• Like 3

Yeeaaaaahhh, buddy.  Go kick some serious patookus.  Just remember to have fun in the process.  I'll be anxiously awaiting your updates. 

• Like 1

Never played in a comp outside of an office league myself, so good on you for giving yourself a shot! Good luck; looking forward to how it goes!

• Like 1

Best of luck mate!

• Like 1