Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

STUDque Plays the Southern Maryland Amateur

Went to the range after work today. Spent a fair bit of time working on irons on/off the tee. 4 irons was troublesome but the rest of the bag was just a little off so there's progress on yesterday. Wedge game was much better.

As I was finishing up, it started to sprinkle. I hadn't seen rain in the forecast so I kept hitting. Then suddenly WOOOOOSSHHHH immediate downpour. I hit my last 5 balls and walked to the car. Not only was the rain strong, there was little bits of hail mixed in that was pelting my face walking to the car. Had to cover my face to make it. Legitimately looked like I took a shower with my clothes on.

Oh what we do for this game. I wanted to putt too but I guess I'll work on that tomorrow. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

All my stuff is still soaked. I wasn't kidding when I said it was a torrential downpour. My garage has golf stuff scattered all over in an attempt to dry stuff out. Wet or dry, I've gotta pack it all up for tomorrow as I'm fortunate enough to join @jb0330 for a charity scramble. As luck would have it, I get to play the same course I'll be playing for this tournament. What better practice round than a scramble???

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Course Preview

Course: Breton Bay Golf and Country Club

Length: 6659 yards from the Blue Tees

Fairways: Bermuda

Greens: Bent Grass

Hole by hole strategy is therapeutic for me to plot my rounds but I hope you find it interesting as well. One thing is for sure, the course will be in immaculate shape with smooth, fast greens, lush rough, manicured bunkers, and fancy cups they only bust out for this occasion. 

In my markups, I'm considering yellow areas to avoid, blue areas of interest, and the yardages aimed at the landing spots. Without further ado....

F565D4C5-48CB-4AC1-9468-5DDF37BD1643.jpeg

Nothing about hole 1 should be challenging but it always is. An elevated tee increases any miss and there's trouble on both sides with hazard left and driving range right. I usually aim at the tree marked by a blue arrow with hopes it'll drift back into the fairway. Over the bunker in the rough is a safe miss. 

The approach is usually me getting out of trouble but you can attack any pin from the fairway. 

8CF9EE02-1107-4A25-A4E7-128EB7D4A8D6.jpeg

Most tee shots will be safe but the further left you can go, the better the angle. Hole 2 is always defined by your approach. OB left and long surrounding an elevated green makes the approach a risky proposition. The longer the drive, the safer you'll be with height on the second shot. 

4147871F-BB43-462D-9705-8E7E8DFAC52E.jpeg

I always figure Hole 3 would be one of those that would get turned into a par 4 if the pros played it. The Arccos tee box is wrong so the carry over the bunker is actually about 250. From there, you can approach the green with an iron if far enough right. If things are really sideways, there's a bail out in the adjacent fairway that still gives a clear shot to the green if you can elevate. Pin position could affect the approach by as many as 3 clubs. OB long is a big consideration. The green is massive front to back but narrow left to right. Big slope from back to front can leave some dicey putts if you're in the wrong section. If played smartly, definite birdie opportunity. 

9BEE127C-656B-408D-B4F7-4CDA000A8800.jpeg

I'm not a big fan of Hole 4. OB lines the entire right side of the fairway. My ball flight with driver just does. not. draw. but I can hit a nice one with my 3 wood to clear the corner. The approach varies from easy to difficult depending on pin location. I'm sure it'll be tucked behind the bunker at least once and in the back once. It's hard to get it all the way back there. 

90A70553-D6A7-47FD-924E-260E97D6C8F8.jpeg

Hole 5 brings the first par 3. There's a nice little fountain feature in the pond for asthetics. Standing on the tee, the only part of the green that can be seen is the front as that bunker is raised to gobble up shots. The right bunker is difficult to get out of but most other areas around the green are manageable with the prime bail out spot being right in front of the green. 

735E0684-5C28-4809-9494-72079485D9DE.jpeg

Take as much risk as your stomach can handle on Hole 6. OB lines the fairway on both sides. A well struck hybrid or 3W will settle you atop the plateau with a nice angle in. Cut the corner with driver and you're looking at a pitch shot with an awkward angle. There's a small valley between the white lines. The green has 2 distinct and flat tiers with a small transition swale in the middle. 

53591134-EC45-4EAD-9EFD-C2F9C86404BF.jpeg

Hole 7 begins a climb up to the clubhouse and is uphill the entire way. A high fade with the driver will pop over the tall corner trees but beware running through as a penalty area in the form of a creek runs along the tree line to the left of the fairway. The green can be reached in 2 from the fairway but a nice 100y layup can be found in the pocket within the blue circle. Most approaches require height to get closer to the hole. Long is safe however. 

41CC6C61-6690-4D13-8571-262F2959E5FE.jpeg

Not only is Hole 8 long, but the air is dead in here as trees line from all edges (including behind the green not pictured). The tee is elevated but not enough to make a difference. I'll need a well struck 4 iron to get there. If I make par on this hole, I'm sprinting to the next tee. 

6ACAA271-9CDB-427C-8344-77083422D988.jpeg

Hole 9 climbs back up to the clubhouse. Driver is ok to pull here because I can keep it clear of the pond to the right and don't have to worry about it running into the trees due to how sloped upward the fairway is. Missing left is in jail with a heavy tree line. No approach locations are able to see the green and it's really easy to come up short. Plan to club up here. 

Thus concludes the front 9 handshake. Stay tuned for the back 9 where mental fortitude is tested. 

50 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Feel free to share any strategy ideas you may have as I'm open to suggestion.

Here's mine: Don't screw it up. 😁

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Arccos is a wonderful tool and your preparation is admirable.

It appears that it is a tight course (but tough to tell on pics) one thing I do is use google earth to measure distance width wise from trouble to trouble in landing areas (via Decade advice). If nothing else it helps my confidence off tee, because I too struggle to release the big dog in a tourney. I will then write down what club I will use for every drive. Helps me reinforce the decision.

On approach shots 90% of the time I will aim for center of green. This is hard to stick to but really helps scoring. 

Pick a target, commit to it and swing aggressively. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Stud.. my only advice is not to over think every thing.. don't start 2nd guessing yourself.. go play YOUR round and have fun..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

16 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Hole by hole strategy is therapeutic for me to plot my rounds but I hope you find it interesting as well.

I too draw catharsis from plotting out an overall tourney game plan. I'll also play out the round (as intended) from tee-to-green, several times in my head.

My advice: choose small targets and be decisive (waffling is the greatest enemy of tournament golf)

And FWIW - #7 and #17 both look like irons off the tee to me.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

17 hours ago, downlowkey said:

I too draw catharsis from plotting out an overall tourney game plan. I'll also play out the round (as intended) from tee-to-green, several times in my head.

My advice: choose small targets and be decisive (waffling is the greatest enemy of tournament golf)

And FWIW - #7 and #17 both look like irons off the tee to me.

You know, I had never thought about hitting iron off 17. Given the down-slope for a 2nd shot, I just may do that to sit on even ground. I've played short off 7 before and may do it in the tournament too...depends on how I'm swinging driver. Great tips, thanks!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We finished the charity scramble yesterday after a lengthy rain delay. Just for fun, I hooked up Arccos to see how crazy the stats can look with a group. There wasn't much extra in play besides 1 kick, 1 throw, and 4 mulligans per team. We left a few shots out there as none of the mulligans paid off but what can ya do. T3 and missed a prize due to tiebreakers. 

03119CC4-65F5-4E1C-910B-630CA3CB7566.jpeg

Really cool to see insane stats in Arccos though 😂. All the years I've been here, first time I've played a scramble on this course. My personal swing was off just enough that I was very inconsistent.  Only used 6 of my full swings and I had a few more that were basically the same result as what we used but were not better. Other than that, lots of solid contact, wipey fades. Need to spend some time working on staying inside the ball. 

19 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Arccos is a wonderful tool and your preparation is admirable.

It appears that it is a tight course (but tough to tell on pics) one thing I do is use google earth to measure distance width wise from trouble to trouble in landing areas (via Decade advice). If nothing else it helps my confidence off tee, because I too struggle to release the big dog in a tourney. I will then write down what club I will use for every drive. Helps me reinforce the decision.

On approach shots 90% of the time I will aim for center of green. This is hard to stick to but really helps scoring. 

Pick a target, commit to it and swing aggressively. 

Tight in some places, wide in others. Most shots require a specific purpose and distance. I'm going to take your advice and write down my clubs by tee shot. For now, this is my plan for round 1:

1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. 3w
  5. 5/6/7 iron depending on pin
  6. Hybrid
  7. Driver (for round 1)
  8. 4 iron
  9. Driver
  10. 5 iron
  11. 5/6 iron depending on pin
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Hybrid
  15. 8/9 iron depending on pin
  16. Uhhhhh. Hybrid and pray 😁
  17. 4 iron (you're on the hook @downlowkey 😉)
  18. Driver

18 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Stud.. my only advice is not to over think every thing.. don't start 2nd guessing yourself.. go play YOUR round and have fun..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I absolutely am. This whole thread is an exercise in overthinking 😂 I'm doing it for the content 👍

On 6/2/2019 at 9:08 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Testing the G410 Plus has inspired me to pull the big dog every chance I get and the results have been showing.

That's awesome!  Those stats are looking really good, your distances should keep you very competitive. We'll all be following along and rooting for a win. 👏  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

All my stuff is still soaked. I wasn't kidding when I said it was a torrential downpour. My garage has golf stuff scattered all over in an attempt to dry stuff out. Wet or dry, I've gotta pack it all up for tomorrow as I'm fortunate enough to join @jb0330 for a charity scramble. As luck would have it, I get to play the same course I'll be playing for this tournament. What better practice round than a scramble???

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Course Preview

Course: Breton Bay Golf and Country Club

Length: 6659 yards from the Blue Tees

Fairways: Bermuda

Greens: Bent Grass

Hole by hole strategy is therapeutic for me to plot my rounds but I hope you find it interesting as well. One thing is for sure, the course will be in immaculate shape with smooth, fast greens, lush rough, manicured bunkers, and fancy cups they only bust out for this occasion. 

In my markups, I'm considering yellow areas to avoid, blue areas of interest, and the yardages aimed at the landing spots. Without further ado....

F565D4C5-48CB-4AC1-9468-5DDF37BD1643.jpeg

Nothing about hole 1 should be challenging but it always is. An elevated tee increases any miss and there's trouble on both sides with hazard left and driving range right. I usually aim at the tree marked by a blue arrow with hopes it'll drift back into the fairway. Over the bunker in the rough is a safe miss. 

The approach is usually me getting out of trouble but you can attack any pin from the fairway. 

8CF9EE02-1107-4A25-A4E7-128EB7D4A8D6.jpeg

Most tee shots will be safe but the further left you can go, the better the angle. Hole 2 is always defined by your approach. OB left and long surrounding an elevated green makes the approach a risky proposition. The longer the drive, the safer you'll be with height on the second shot. 

4147871F-BB43-462D-9705-8E7E8DFAC52E.jpeg

I always figure Hole 3 would be one of those that would get turned into a par 4 if the pros played it. The Arccos tee box is wrong so the carry over the bunker is actually about 250. From there, you can approach the green with an iron if far enough right. If things are really sideways, there's a bail out in the adjacent fairway that still gives a clear shot to the green if you can elevate. Pin position could affect the approach by as many as 3 clubs. OB long is a big consideration. The green is massive front to back but narrow left to right. Big slope from back to front can leave some dicey putts if you're in the wrong section. If played smartly, definite birdie opportunity. 

9BEE127C-656B-408D-B4F7-4CDA000A8800.jpeg

I'm not a big fan of Hole 4. OB lines the entire right side of the fairway. My ball flight with driver just does. not. draw. but I can hit a nice one with my 3 wood to clear the corner. The approach varies from easy to difficult depending on pin location. I'm sure it'll be tucked behind the bunker at least once and in the back once. It's hard to get it all the way back there. 

90A70553-D6A7-47FD-924E-260E97D6C8F8.jpeg

Hole 5 brings the first par 3. There's a nice little fountain feature in the pond for asthetics. Standing on the tee, the only part of the green that can be seen is the front as that bunker is raised to gobble up shots. The right bunker is difficult to get out of but most other areas around the green are manageable with the prime bail out spot being right in front of the green. 

735E0684-5C28-4809-9494-72079485D9DE.jpeg

Take as much risk as your stomach can handle on Hole 6. OB lines the fairway on both sides. A well struck hybrid or 3W will settle you atop the plateau with a nice angle in. Cut the corner with driver and you're looking at a pitch shot with an awkward angle. There's a small valley between the white lines. The green has 2 distinct and flat tiers with a small transition swale in the middle. 

53591134-EC45-4EAD-9EFD-C2F9C86404BF.jpeg

Hole 7 begins a climb up to the clubhouse and is uphill the entire way. A high fade with the driver will pop over the tall corner trees but beware running through as a penalty area in the form of a creek runs along the tree line to the left of the fairway. The green can be reached in 2 from the fairway but a nice 100y layup can be found in the pocket within the blue circle. Most approaches require height to get closer to the hole. Long is safe however. 

41CC6C61-6690-4D13-8571-262F2959E5FE.jpeg

Not only is Hole 8 long, but the air is dead in here as trees line from all edges (including behind the green not pictured). The tee is elevated but not enough to make a difference. I'll need a well struck 4 iron to get there. If I make par on this hole, I'm sprinting to the next tee. 

6ACAA271-9CDB-427C-8344-77083422D988.jpeg

Hole 9 climbs back up to the clubhouse. Driver is ok to pull here because I can keep it clear of the pond to the right and don't have to worry about it running into the trees due to how sloped upward the fairway is. Missing left is in jail with a heavy tree line. No approach locations are able to see the green and it's really easy to come up short. Plan to club up here. 

Thus concludes the front 9 handshake. Stay tuned for the back 9 where mental fortitude is tested. 

I absolutely loved this! Nice work Stud!!!!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

You seem to have this figured out. Stay to your plan & game, relax, have fun and kick butt.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Player field is up to 98 now. Interested to see how fast it jumps as we get closer. 

Continued practice....

Been struggling with a wipey fade lately so I took some time on the range yesterday. You know, one of those good sessions where you take a bit of time between each shot to work on form and alignment. I got it headed straighter than before but still a bit more fade than I'd prefer.

When I got to my in laws, I still had the itch to work on it so I made some adjustments to my woods by dialing the driver down to 9* (from 10.5*) and putting the FW/hybrid into same loft but draw setting. Took those clubs and fired about a dozen shag balls into the woods across a cornfield. THAT was what I'm looking for. Stinging and explosive shots that hit my target. Hope that keeps. 

On travel next week so I probably won't get to play but there's a Top Golf close-ish that I may post up as my dinner spot for a night or two. I miss getting to practice there for good shooting-at-green practice that you don't really get at the range. 

You’ve already over thunk it.....(is that s word?) just relax and breathe.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

7 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Yes yes, I know. I'm overthinking it now so I don't have to overthink when then tourney starts. The crowd noise in my head will settle when the proverbial curtain rises. 

It’s an over 60 years old approved word.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Yes yes, I know. I'm overthinking it now so I don't have to overthink when then tourney starts. The crowd noise in my head will settle when the proverbial curtain rises. 

I always struggle picking the right voice in my head to listen to. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

8 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Just curious, is this process at all similar to how you prepared for a big baseball game? If so, I'd think you'll be fine. Do what you are comfortable with. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Just curious, is this process at all similar to how you prepared for a big baseball game? If so, I'd think you'll be fine. Do what you are comfortable with. 

Great point.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

That's an excellent analogy. I hadn't thought of it that way but you're absolutely right. The cycle was much shorter than this but I definitely see parallel. 

In my baseball days, I definitely poured a lot of energy into research and the mental side. I'd gather as much info as I could on the town, campus, field, fences, weather, other team, tendencies, you name it.

In addition to the research, I had an internal routine too ranging from baseball-specific prep all the way down to the length of my fingernails. 

To some extent, I do this for all rounds on a new/rarely played course. Unfortunately, time isn't on my side to play/practice as much as I'd hope so I'm trying to pour extra effort into the mental side to control what I can. 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I am going to try and show up to be a cheerleader for you. I’ll be on the 9th green at 9.

if you do, please don't wear the outfit 😮   😜

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

No problem there. I’d scare everyone away with my pasty white, darn near clear legs... yikes.

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

No problem there. I’d scare everyone away with my pasty white, darn near clear legs... yikes.

They've gotta get sun somehow! 9th green at 9, see you there. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On the prep front, I got an opportunity to play the back 9 of the course I can see from my hotel window.... Only a 20 minute drive in this traffic 🙃

61AEBB5C-B64E-43C8-A0A5-39F7248E83B1.jpeg

If we're talking about playing my game, this was definitely it. Lots of good shots mixed in with bad too. I hit a couple hundred shots the past few days but not a single putt and it showed. I probably won't get a chance to play next week but I'll darn sure make time for putting. Here's the Arccos recap:

6B664C1F-F883-4216-BCC8-BE6AA0079C2B.jpeg

And a nice shot looking down the home stretch. The final 3 holes head straight to The Washington Monument:

F2568320-1058-4293-B9A9-AF23DDB7A974.jpeg

Good luck man love this

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html