Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Shankster Plays Greywalls

Shankster

IMG_5657.thumb.JPG.74ce1e31277fb98c04e83fcebbe9351d.JPG

The boss finally decided it was time for us to play this course. We have a tee time on Friday at 10. I am yet to play this, but it is highly ranked in Michigan, and looks to be a brute. I am hoping to keep it under 80...

Hole by hole after round photos and round recap will be posted.

This is a bucket list course for me. It’s a premium price tag to what I’m used to paying so my expectations are high.

Stay tuned...

7D453564-EC67-415D-BDF4-E4E3A113FE59.gif.2731e2623b5c215d4ab797e53d6ebc27.gif

Waiting patiently Grasshopper!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Working on my tee shot Strategery right now.

Hole 1: 3 iron

Hole 2: Hybrid

Hole 3: 5 or 6 iron depending flag location.

Hole 4: 3 wood or Hybrid

Hole 5: Driver or 3 wood.

Hole 6: 8 or 9 depending on location of flag

Hole 7: Driver

Hole 8: Driver

Hole 9: 3 iron

Hole 10: Driver

Hole 11: Driver or Hybrid

Hole 12: 3 wood

Hole 13: Driver

Hole 14: Driver

Hole 15: 7 iron

Hole 16: Driver

Hole 17: PW or 52°

Hole 18: Driver....

That’s a few too many driver requirements for me to stay under 80. All depends on wind too.

Hybrid and 3 iron might be getting a workout, with some loonnnngg approaches.

Good test anyways.

I just watched a YouTube video giving a tour of this course and it's stunning! I can see why this is on your bucket list. The rolling fairways and the use of the terrain just makes for an amazing course. That tee shot on 3 would have me shaking in my boots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I just watched a YouTube video giving a tour of this course and it's stunning! I can see why this is on your bucket list. The rolling fairways and the use of the terrain just makes for an amazing course. That tee shot on 3 would have me shaking in my boots.

Yeah. I hear you. I am hoping the fairways are cut tight so I can hit irons off the tee all day. Make for more fun. The wide open holes I’ll take a poke with the driver, but I’m just not very accurate so far this year... unless I hit an intentional pull fade. Can’t wait to get out there and put my Strategery to the test.

You’ll do well Grasshopper!

Rick

Left Hand, 

$5 nassau?

...you know what they say about beating the boss on the golf course.... 😉

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

$5 nassau?
...you know what they say about beating the boss on the golf course....

No bets. But he just promoted to CWO, so I think it’s fair game to beat him. I don’t see that happening though. He’s a scratch or better golfer. He played it a few weeks ago and was -2 in the first 9, and fell apart on the back 9 for a +5 score. Not bad for a first time score.

We’d make a helluva scramble team. His drives and putts, my irons and wedges.

Take him to the cleaners Alan!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I'm in Helsinki right now. One of the first things I thought about after seeing the landscape around here is this golf course.
It's no wonder the Finnish settled up there (or down there, I suppose).

Sent from my SM-A600A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

I'm in Helsinki right now. One of the first things I thought about after seeing the landscape around here is this golf course.
It's no wonder the Finnish settled up there (or down there, I suppose).

Visiting Finland is on my to do list. From pictures I can also see why they settled here.

Visiting Finland is on my to do list. From pictures I can also see why they settled here.
This is everywhere here. 20190604_192357.jpeg

You sure you aren’t in Marquette?
If you can pronounce any of this in a yooper accent, then I might be in Marquette.
At least three people in the family did mention that they paid a lot to fly halfway across the globe only to end up in the UP.20190602_131914.jpeg

Well that sucked. I’m not doing a round recap because I can’t count that high. I’ll get some pictures up in a bit.

Was the worst 18 holes of golf I’ve ever played on one of the nicest courses I’ve ever played.
Sorry to hear about the high score, I just hope you had fun on that beautiful course. Can't wait to see the photos!

A few photos. We were getting pushed along all day too much to really enjoy the course or even take 3 seconds to snap a photo, and behind 4 super slow guys. It was packed since it was the first day above 80° all year. And honestly the only thing I liked about it was the views. There isn’t a flat spot on that golf course I don’t think.

Most frustrating thing ever was my ball hung up on a side hill on the only tuft of rough on the hill, if it would have rolled a bit more I would have been in great shape. I had to stand almost with the club level to my head. I about packed it up after that hole.

Second would have been my plugged low in the bunker, under a lip. Just hit it with the toe of the club to get it back down in the bunker, that was 15’ deep.

Too much trickery for my liking. And too damn hilly.

We played from the middle tees, around 6400 yards. I only hit 1 fairway all day. I think it would have been better playing from the back, extra 400 yards but not as many blind shots.

Fairways were extremely undulating, and so were the greens. I did like some of the green complexes, had some fun with running chips, pitches and putts around the loopyness of it.

A lot of blind shots, which I can’t stand.

Yeah. Really not impressed for the price tag, not one bit. If were to plan to play it I’d definitely try to catch the spring or fall rate, but you might freeze to death.

IMG_5717.JPG
IMG_5718.JPG
IMG_5721.JPGIMG_5720.JPG
IMG_5726.JPG

Sorry it sucked. Can't wait to see the pics.

Well that sucked. I’m not doing a round recap because I can’t count that high. I’ll get some pictures up in a bit.

Was the worst 18 holes of golf I’ve ever played on one of the nicest courses I’ve ever played.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Ok, so you posted them while I was typing my last reply. The course looks beautiful, but I'm with you on the trickery. They don't need to make every shot be a miracle. You can cross it off the list, at least.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Ok, so you posted them while I was typing my last reply. The course looks beautiful, but I'm with you on the trickery. They don't need to make every shot be a miracle. You can cross it off the list, at least.

Wouldn’t have been so bad, but I only remember being able to see 3 or 4 flags from the fairway, or rough where I was. Too many bumps and swails.

But I guess since they built it on the side of a giant hill that is mostly rock, I suppose you don’t have a choice.

Much prefer my links style, flatter and less trees.

Not sure if it was the pressure of playing with the boss or what, but I was off all day. I was being out driven by a guy that couldn’t hit it 3 feet a few weeks ago. Probably too much pressure on myself.

Pix awesome but I’m sorry you didn’t play that great. Maybe sometime you can get another shot at it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Wouldn’t have been so bad, but I only remember being able to see 3 or 4 flags from the fairway, or rough where I was. Too many bumps and swails.

But I guess since they built it on the side of a giant hill that is mostly rock, I suppose you don’t have a choice.

Much prefer my links style, flatter and less trees.

Not sure if it was the pressure of playing with the boss or what, but I was off all day. I was being out driven by a guy that couldn’t hit it 3 feet a few weeks ago. Probably too much pressure on myself.

Don’t beat yourself up too bad, you’ll be playing east coast sea view courses in no time.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Pix awesome but I’m sorry you didn’t play that great. Maybe sometime you can get another shot at it.

Haha. I HOPE NOT. I’d rather play the one south of here a bit they use on the Symetra Tour. It’s called Sweet Grass. Much more fun.

I guess I could do a fall trip up here sometime when I retire.

A few photos. We were getting pushed along all day too much to really enjoy the course or even take 3 seconds to snap a photo, and behind 4 super slow guys. It was packed since it was the first day above 80° all year. And honestly the only thing I liked about it was the views. There isn’t a flat spot on that golf course I don’t think.

Most frustrating thing ever was my ball hung up on a side hill on the only tuft of rough on the hill, if it would have rolled a bit more I would have been in great shape. I had to stand almost with the club level to my head. I about packed it up after that hole.

Second would have been my plugged low in the bunker, under a lip. Just hit it with the toe of the club to get it back down in the bunker, that was 15’ deep.

We played from the middle tees, around 6400 yards. I only hit 1 fairway all day. I think it would have been better playing from the back, extra 400 yards but not as many blind shots.

Fairways were extremely undulating, and so were the greens. I did like some of the green complexes, had some fun with running chips, pitches and putts around the loopyness of it.

Yeah. Really not impressed for the price tag, not one bit. If were to plan to play it I’d definitely try to catch the spring or fall rate, but you might freeze to death.

IMG_5717.thumb.JPG.0444e9def4a54cedb083cc175502d086.JPG
IMG_5718.thumb.JPG.4c13eeb7839b2e6df5f61ecfc2b2f46c.JPG
IMG_5721.thumb.JPG.229068fc435b0c3fbbb951bf3cebf2c5.JPGIMG_5720.thumb.JPG.3e15321f224ee36f366911e78c55e679.JPG
IMG_5726.thumb.JPG.fa3a525c1b296d7c97648336f8718cef.JPG

Looks like an awesome course to me. Sorry you didn't play well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

IMG_5717.JPG
IMG_5718.JPG
IMG_5721.JPGIMG_5720.JPG
IMG_5726.JPG

Nice looking course, but I HATE blind shots too.  My course has a few places where errant tee shots will give you a lie where you need to hit a high fastball.  I've gotten quite use to them over the past 3 years.  😉

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Looks like a course set in a pretty area, but  it looks like a nightmare to try and play. Especially having not seen the course before. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Sorry you didn't play well - I bet if you played it again it would be a different experience. I've had those days (I suppose we all have) where I put too much pressure on myself and that is devastating on a penal course. Thanks for sharing the pics - it looks lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Looks like a course set in a pretty area, but  it looks like a nightmare to try and play. Especially having not seen the course before. 

Yeah. If you’re off a little, it’s a long day. I don’t like these kinds of courses. It’s cool to look at, but I don’t think I’d ever play it again.

There was about 5 holes that I’d play again. The other ones I was thinking to myself, how the heck am I supposed to play this thing!