Shankster Plays Greywalls

Shankster

Ok, so you posted them while I was typing my last reply. The course looks beautiful, but I'm with you on the trickery. They don't need to make every shot be a miracle. You can cross it off the list, at least.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Ok, so you posted them while I was typing my last reply. The course looks beautiful, but I'm with you on the trickery. They don't need to make every shot be a miracle. You can cross it off the list, at least.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wouldn’t have been so bad, but I only remember being able to see 3 or 4 flags from the fairway, or rough where I was. Too many bumps and swails.

But I guess since they built it on the side of a giant hill that is mostly rock, I suppose you don’t have a choice.

Much prefer my links style, flatter and less trees.

Not sure if it was the pressure of playing with the boss or what, but I was off all day. I was being out driven by a guy that couldn’t hit it 3 feet a few weeks ago. Probably too much pressure on myself.
  • Like 1

Pix awesome but I’m sorry you didn’t play that great. Maybe sometime you can get another shot at it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Wouldn’t have been so bad, but I only remember being able to see 3 or 4 flags from the fairway, or rough where I was. Too many bumps and swails.

But I guess since they built it on the side of a giant hill that is mostly rock, I suppose you don’t have a choice.

Much prefer my links style, flatter and less trees.

Not sure if it was the pressure of playing with the boss or what, but I was off all day. I was being out driven by a guy that couldn’t hit it 3 feet a few weeks ago. Probably too much pressure on myself.

Don’t beat yourself up too bad, you’ll be playing east coast sea view courses in no time.[emoji106]

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Pix awesome but I’m sorry you didn’t play that great. Maybe sometime you can get another shot at it.

Haha. I HOPE NOT. I’d rather play the one south of here a bit they use on the Symetra Tour. It’s called Sweet Grass. Much more fun.

I guess I could do a fall trip up here sometime when I retire.
  • Like 1

A few photos. We were getting pushed along all day too much to really enjoy the course or even take 3 seconds to snap a photo, and behind 4 super slow guys. It was packed since it was the first day above 80° all year. And honestly the only thing I liked about it was the views. There isn’t a flat spot on that golf course I don’t think.

Most frustrating thing ever was my ball hung up on a side hill on the only tuft of rough on the hill, if it would have rolled a bit more I would have been in great shape. I had to stand almost with the club level to my head. I about packed it up after that hole.

Second would have been my plugged low in the bunker, under a lip. Just hit it with the toe of the club to get it back down in the bunker, that was 15’ deep.

Too much trickery for my liking. And too damn hilly.

We played from the middle tees, around 6400 yards. I only hit 1 fairway all day. I think it would have been better playing from the back, extra 400 yards but not as many blind shots.

Fairways were extremely undulating, and so were the greens. I did like some of the green complexes, had some fun with running chips, pitches and putts around the loopyness of it.

A lot of blind shots, which I can’t stand.

Yeah. Really not impressed for the price tag, not one bit. If were to plan to play it I’d definitely try to catch the spring or fall rate, but you might freeze to death.

IMG_5717.thumb.JPG.0444e9def4a54cedb083cc175502d086.JPG
IMG_5718.thumb.JPG.4c13eeb7839b2e6df5f61ecfc2b2f46c.JPG
IMG_5721.thumb.JPG.229068fc435b0c3fbbb951bf3cebf2c5.JPGIMG_5720.thumb.JPG.3e15321f224ee36f366911e78c55e679.JPG
IMG_5726.thumb.JPG.fa3a525c1b296d7c97648336f8718cef.JPG

Looks like an awesome course to me. Sorry you didn't play well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

A few photos. We were getting pushed along all day too much to really enjoy the course or even take 3 seconds to snap a photo, and behind 4 super slow guys. It was packed since it was the first day above 80° all year. And honestly the only thing I liked about it was the views. There isn’t a flat spot on that golf course I don’t think.

Most frustrating thing ever was my ball hung up on a side hill on the only tuft of rough on the hill, if it would have rolled a bit more I would have been in great shape. I had to stand almost with the club level to my head. I about packed it up after that hole.

Second would have been my plugged low in the bunker, under a lip. Just hit it with the toe of the club to get it back down in the bunker, that was 15’ deep.

Too much trickery for my liking. And too damn hilly.

We played from the middle tees, around 6400 yards. I only hit 1 fairway all day. I think it would have been better playing from the back, extra 400 yards but not as many blind shots.

Fairways were extremely undulating, and so were the greens. I did like some of the green complexes, had some fun with running chips, pitches and putts around the loopyness of it.

A lot of blind shots, which I can’t stand.

Yeah. Really not impressed for the price tag, not one bit. If were to plan to play it I’d definitely try to catch the spring or fall rate, but you might freeze to death.

IMG_5717.JPG
IMG_5718.JPG
IMG_5721.JPGIMG_5720.JPG
IMG_5726.JPG

Nice looking course, but I HATE blind shots too.  My course has a few places where errant tee shots will give you a lie where you need to hit a high fastball.  I've gotten quite use to them over the past 3 years.  😉

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Looks like a course set in a pretty area, but  it looks like a nightmare to try and play. Especially having not seen the course before. 

• Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Sorry you didn't play well - I bet if you played it again it would be a different experience. I've had those days (I suppose we all have) where I put too much pressure on myself and that is devastating on a penal course. Thanks for sharing the pics - it looks lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Looks like a course set in a pretty area, but  it looks like a nightmare to try and play. Especially having not seen the course before. 

Yeah. If you’re off a little, it’s a long day. I don’t like these kinds of courses. It’s cool to look at, but I don’t think I’d ever play it again.

There was about 5 holes that I’d play again. The other ones I was thinking to myself, how the heck am I supposed to play this thing!

Nice looking course, but I HATE blind shots too.  My course has a few places where errant tee shots will give you a lie where you need to hit a high fastball.  I've gotten quite use to them over the past 3 years.  [emoji6]

The high fastball would have been alright but it nestled down, almost plugged. Took me 4!! whacks to get it out of there. Wish they would have gotten a video, I am pretty sure you could see the steam coming off of me. [emoji23][emoji23]

Finally hit it back into the fairway and managed to save triple bogey after knocking a 40-50 yard pitch to a foot.
  • Like 2

Wish it was better for ya Shanks, but thanks for the pics. That par-3 with the bowl-type green looks absolutely diabolical!

I had a similar experience last year out in Bend playing Jack's course at the Pronghorn Resort. Absolutely beautiful but the course set-up just had my number. Lots of blind shots, plenty of all too-well placed bunkers and just frickin' hard! I, like you and this place, would be hard-pressed to play it again...

Keep yer chin up! It's just golf!

• Like 1

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Wish it was better for ya Shanks, but thanks for the pics. That par-3 with the bowl-type green looks absolutely diabolical!
I had a similar experience last year out in Bend playing Jack's course at the Pronghorn Resort. Absolutely beautiful but the course set-up just had my number. Lots of blind shots, plenty of all too-well placed bunkers and just frickin' hard! I, like you and this place, would be hard-pressed to play it again...
Keep yer chin up! It's just golf!

That was uphill and miserable. I over faded an 8 iron managed to stay on a little walking path. Tried a Phil phlop over the Rock, hit the rock, almost hit myself in the head then ended up down the front a little.

Then pitched up to 15’. At that point it was circus golf.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That was uphill and miserable. I over faded an 8 iron managed to stay on a little walking path. Tried a Phil phlop over the Rock, hit the rock, almost hit myself in the head then ended up down the front a little.

Then pitched up to 15’. At that point it was circus golf.

I hear ya. You probably played it better than my sorry butt could-a despite all that. I wish the experience was better for you, but hey! There's always the next round!

• Like 2

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I hear ya. You probably played it better than my sorry butt could-a despite all that. I wish the experience was better for you, but hey! There's always the next round!

I’m ready. Never back down. That’ll be Wednesday
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I have to say that I loved the view of the lake picture.

We all have had one of those days - just means you’re due for a good one.

• Like 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.