Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shankster Plays Greywalls

Shankster

Nice looking course, but I HATE blind shots too.  My course has a few places where errant tee shots will give you a lie where you need to hit a high fastball.  I've gotten quite use to them over the past 3 years.  

The high fastball would have been alright but it nestled down, almost plugged. Took me 4!! whacks to get it out of there. Wish they would have gotten a video, I am pretty sure you could see the steam coming off of me.

Finally hit it back into the fairway and managed to save triple bogey after knocking a 40-50 yard pitch to a foot.

Wish it was better for ya Shanks, but thanks for the pics. That par-3 with the bowl-type green looks absolutely diabolical!

I had a similar experience last year out in Bend playing Jack's course at the Pronghorn Resort. Absolutely beautiful but the course set-up just had my number. Lots of blind shots, plenty of all too-well placed bunkers and just frickin' hard! I, like you and this place, would be hard-pressed to play it again...

Keep yer chin up! It's just golf!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Wish it was better for ya Shanks, but thanks for the pics. That par-3 with the bowl-type green looks absolutely diabolical!
I had a similar experience last year out in Bend playing Jack's course at the Pronghorn Resort. Absolutely beautiful but the course set-up just had my number. Lots of blind shots, plenty of all too-well placed bunkers and just frickin' hard! I, like you and this place, would be hard-pressed to play it again...
Keep yer chin up! It's just golf!

That was uphill and miserable. I over faded an 8 iron managed to stay on a little walking path. Tried a Phil phlop over the Rock, hit the rock, almost hit myself in the head then ended up down the front a little.

Then pitched up to 15’. At that point it was circus golf.

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That was uphill and miserable. I over faded an 8 iron managed to stay on a little walking path. Tried a Phil phlop over the Rock, hit the rock, almost hit myself in the head then ended up down the front a little.

Then pitched up to 15’. At that point it was circus golf.

I hear ya. You probably played it better than my sorry butt could-a despite all that. I wish the experience was better for you, but hey! There's always the next round!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I have to say that I loved the view of the lake picture.

We all have had one of those days - just means you’re due for a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD