MmmmmmBuddy

When making a tee time on the phone....

Please have a vague idea of what time you might like to tee off.  It really helps the person trying to make the time on the other end out..

"What time would you like to play today sir?" 

As soon as you can fit me in.   

"How about in 10 min?"

What? That's too early!  How about something in an hour?

"How does 10:00 am sound?"

I was thinking around 11:45....

If you think that this is a rare occurrence, it happens at least once a day.  EVERY DAY.  

For everyone that has to take tee times, I thank you.

• Like 5

I'd like the earliest time you have for Saturday..

How about 6:00 am?

That is waaaay to early.  What have you got around 10:00?

• Like 2

LOL!!

I ALWAYS make tee times in person at the course (I am usually there most of the time anyway), or I will call the clubhouse.  The few times I have made a tee time online I have arrived and that tee time is double-booked.  

I also asked for times BEFORE the Men's Club tee times because their quarter games make them slower than a Holmes, Cantlay, DeChambeau grouping.

• Like 4

What time do your 3pm twilight rates start today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

My favorites from working in  pro shop in high school:

Is it raining there?

Is it supposed to rain there?

When will your frost delay end?

• Like 2

I honestly thought a lot of these were made up for a good laugh until I was in the clubhouse talking to the assistant at my home club maybe 2 years ago when he took a call that went something like this (My club doesn't require tee times).....

Is it raining over there?

Nope!

Is it gonna rain later?  

Why don't you step out on your deck and see for yourself?

The ironic part of this conversation was the guy calling lives behind the 11th fairway, a hundred yards from the clubhouse.  It's also the highest part of the entire property.  He can see virtually the entire golf course from his deck!

• Like 3

Is it raining there?
No Mr. Elias, the weather is the same here as it is from your back window on the 4th fairway.

Are you posting our scores?
Yes
So we shouldn’t post our scores?

90* rule? Can we play if it’s above 90* outside?
Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hi, I'm looking for a time around 11:00

How about 11:07?

Got anything closer to 11:00?

I've got a 10:52...

Dang.  I guess I'll try another day.

Not making this s*** up.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Haha. Yes!!

When I was a young lad, working at Spring Brook Golf Course we had all sorts of fun with this stuff. I was the bag boy, and picked up the walkers at the bottom of the hill. The “trip cart” had a nasty backfire. I don’t know how many tee shots I ruined with that cart.

The good old days.

• Like 2

The cart kid at our club is a really good kid from a great family.  The kid is funny as hell too.  I will miss him when he goes to college in the fall.  A few weeks ago, a couple of college age kids showed up who haven't been there in several years.  The cart kid noticed both bags were full of left handed clubs.  He deadpans to the two slightly older kids, "dang I'm sorry guys, I just sent out the last left handed cart we have." 

The two older kids both dropped their heads, grabbed their bags and started walking toward their car before the "light bulb" went off.  Good times!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I love the courses who have digitized all there Tee times. It makes it super easy because each time is listed along with the number of available slots per time. No more haggling on the phone while five guys stand in line.

IMG_0168.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I don't even recall the last time I called a course for a tee time.  My club is connected to internet and tee times are done online.  When away from home, I use Tee Time or other service.

I always look up available times online, then call the course and book that specific time.  Luckily we have standing tee times on Wed afternoon so don't have to book those.

• Like 1

We also have every time listed on our online booking portal.  Some people are just analog in a digital age.

• Like 1

We also have every time listed on our online booking portal.  Some people are just analog in a digital age.

Isn’t that a song? :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

I always look up available times online, then call the course and book that specific time.  Luckily we have standing tee times on Wed afternoon so don't have to book those.

Exactly what I do if I'm not at the course.  Apparently, our online tee time service is not connected very well because we have had tee times double booked.  

Maybe it's because I'm one of those analog people in a digital age.  lol

I never call since we have an online booking system. Since I know most of the golfers I check the tee sheet before I book so that I'm not behind slow players.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I always ask, what do you have available around X time. I’m pretty easy, just give me something close to that time and I’m in.

I always ask, what do you have available around X time. I’m pretty easy, just give me something close to that time and I’m in.

Consider yourself in the minority.

I’m with Kor it’s what do you have around...

And I’m happy with the time that I’m given.