GolfSpy STUDque

Getting a little faster at this each time. Here's your link for the #SpyStaffSlam picks:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw

Good luck everyone!

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Officially US Open Week now.

I am loving the special release stuff from everyone this year so far.

After Rory’s RBC Canadian Win, he just rose to the top of my list.

• Like 1

Hard to bet against Rory this week, but we all know how fickle the Golf Gods can be.

Personally I'm hoping Brooks doesn't do a 'Brooks' and walk away with it again, nothing against him but I'd like to see Rory or Rickie take it.

Whoever does I hope it will be a closely fought exciting tournament.

• Like 2

I'm rooting for Phil this year. I mean the guy has to win a US Open right? I mean other than that, I'd root for DJ or Speith to be in contention, Koepka to be skinny again. However, I'm most rooting for the greenskeepers and USGA to not screw up the course. 

• Like 1

I get sick and tired of listening to the players complain about the setup. It's the same for everyone just play golf.

I do believe that even if they tried the USGA will have trouble baking out the course like a few previous US Opens. The weather in Monterrey just doesn't allow it. Of course now that I said this they will...

I think there will be a surprise winner this year. Someone who is known but not a top tier guy. 

Kisner is my choice. 

• Like 1

While I do agree that Pebble brings different players into the mix both because length is often negated and the familiarity factor I'm liking DJ this weekend. 

We'll see

• Like 2

I get sick and tired of listening to the players complain about the setup.

No kidding. I just played a course with knee height rough. It’s like they haven’t played an unkept muni/public course before... geez.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hard to pick anyone but Koepka for the win.  The odds of him doing so are crazy unlikely... but it would be crazy cool if it happened.

• Like 1

I hope the course is off the hook hard. I hope the players ****** like little girls. I love the US Open!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 11:48 AM, TSauer said:

I'm taking a sneaky pick and going with my boy Tommy Fleetwood. 

This guy is so overdue.  I'm actually surprised he hasn't already won a major.

I don't know why but I think Keegan Bradley wins it this year.  Maybe I am just mesmerized by the continuous club twirling before each shot!

• Haha 1

After picking Rory in the spystaffslam I'm changing to Rickie. Two reasons, first he's long overdue a Major and Pebble looks decent for him. Secondly I'm going to buy a Cobra driver as recent demo's with it are just great. If it helps me it must be really helping Rickie 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After picking Rory in the spystaffslam I'm changing to Rickie. Two reasons, first he's long overdue a Major and Pebble looks decent for him. Secondly I'm going to buy a Cobra driver as recent demo's with it are just great. If it helps me it must be really helping Rickie 

That is the reason I went with Keith Mitchell as my tier 5 guy. I will be back to rocking the st190 this weekend. Although it will be the G version to cut some spin down.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

I had originally picked Rickie to win, but since whoever I pick does poorly, I decided to pick Cantlay.  I think either could win at Pebble.

However, I also changed my Tier 5 pick.  When I made my picks Joel Dahmen was an alternate, but he made it in the field so I think he's got a great chance to finish high.  I believe Pebble suits his game.  However, I could be all wrong, and should have stayed with Kyle Stanley who I also think has a great chance.

Koepka hacked about being left out of the U.S. Open Promo... as if he needs further incentive 😮.  Can't wait to hear how they explain this one? It's like leaving Tiger out of the "Chase for 82" ad 🤣

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/koepka-miffed-at-being-left-out-of-us-open-promo/ar-AACJz8M?ocid=spartandhp

• Like 2