GolfSpy STUDque

Getting a little faster at this each time. Here's your link for the #SpyStaffSlam picks:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw

Good luck everyone!

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

2 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

Anyone else get the impression that reading is hard?

Not only is it in the wrong thread, it's not even a legal entry. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 8thehardway said:

Patrick Cantley minus 11

6 hours ago, markm said:

Justin Rose 277

13 hours ago, RandyD56 said:

Varner III

Hey guys, just in case you didn't notice this is not the #SpyStaffSlam thread for the official Wilson contest.  This is just a general chat thread about the US Open.  Feel free to jump in and share your opinions, but if you want to enter the actual contest you'll need to head over to this thread...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

Hey guys, just in case you didn't notice this is not the #SpyStaffSlam thread for the official Wilson contest.  This is just a general chat thread about the US Open.  Feel free to jump in and share your opinions, but if you want to enter the actual contest you'll need to head over to this thread...

Thanks!  I was beginning to think I was in the wrong thread.  

Sorry I’ve been a bit absent the past few weeks fellas. I am not sure what year, time, or planet I am on.

Any takers on Sneds winning?

• Like 2

Very interested to see how things go for Fox, as their US Women's Open broadcast was the year's best to this point of any tournament in my opinion. Also, interested to see how this alternate broadcast on Thursday afternoon on FS1 with featuring only the Brooks and Woods groups will do as a secondary viewing experience from the main Fox broadcast once it shifts there.

• Like 1

I read somewhere, although can't remember where, that Fox has some new technology they are going to be using. It'll be interesting to see if it's good or if it's like the blimp tracer.

One thing I like about Fox sports is they are willing to try new things. If we could only get rid of Joe Buck, it would make things even better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Sorry I’ve been a bit absent the past few weeks fellas. I am not sure what year, time, or planet I am on.

he's in one of my Tier picks😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Very interested to see how things go for Fox, as their US Women's Open broadcast was the year's best to this point of any tournament in my opinion. Also, interested to see how this alternate broadcast on Thursday afternoon on FS1 with featuring only the Brooks and Woods groups will do as a secondary viewing experience from the main Fox broadcast once it shifts there.

I have always enjoyed the Fox coverage for golf. They are willing to try new things, and they do a great job of showing golf!

I still wonder why the other broadcast partners have not followed suit for their coverage. I don't give a hoot about seeing two announcers in a booth interviewing some former player, big time executive from the sponsor company, or even a current player. I want to see golf.

1 hour ago, palvord said:

I have always enjoyed the Fox coverage for golf. They are willing to try new things, and they do a great job of showing golf!

I still wonder why the other broadcast partners have not followed suit for their coverage. I don't give a hoot about seeing two announcers in a booth interviewing some former player, big time executive from the sponsor company, or even a current player. I want to see golf.

Sky Sports Golf is very good for that, constant GOLF coverage and when the US take a commercial break it's usually analysis of a players swing. Then our own adverts unfortunately then back to Golf.

Funny to see the fog roll in today. I live just over 2 hrs away and it’s 106 here today. When it gets super hot in the valley the inversion layer rolls over Monterey bay and doesn’t go away. I would imagine it will stay the rest of the week. Will make course much longer!

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 11:54 PM, Kenny B said:

I had originally picked Rickie to win, but since whoever I pick does poorly, I decided to pick Cantlay.  I think either could win at Pebble.

However, I also changed my Tier 5 pick.  When I made my picks Joel Dahmen was an alternate, but he made it in the field so I think he's got a great chance to finish high.  I believe Pebble suits his game.  However, I could be all wrong, and should have stayed with Kyle Stanley who I also think has a great chance.

Thank you @Kenny B 😄

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2019 at 5:51 AM, Shankster said:

Yes.  I originally picked G-Mac in that Tier, but after he qualified last week for The Open, I thought that he wouldn't be quite as focused this week.  So, I picked Sneds.

Maybe someone mentioned it already; I haven't checked, BUT what does you think about JDay hiring Stevie Williams on his bag?  That might be just what JDay needs to get back to winning.  Certainly can't hurt.  JDay might be flying under the radar this week like BK did before the '17 US Open win.

14 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Funny to see the fog roll in today. I live just over 2 hrs away and it’s 106 here today. When it gets super hot in the valley the inversion layer rolls over Monterey bay and doesn’t go away. I would imagine it will stay the rest of the week. Will make course much longer!

just tuned in and they say today and the rest of the tournament forecast is pretty good, same temps but no fog/mist.

Hope they are right as it's a great course to view when the sun is shining.

• Like 1

Shankster

Sorry I’m usually tame with this stuff - lost my head for a moment.

Love the Feinstein piece! It is once a year - guys like Tiger must lick their chops when the complaining starts. Someone will win, it’s best to go out, deal with the conditions and put yourself in position to be in the mix.

I love this venue because it favors no one. You need to do everything well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Shankster

Sorry I’m usually tame with this stuff - lost my head for a moment.

Love the Feinstein piece! It is once a year - guys like Tiger must lick their chops when the complaining starts. Someone will win, it’s best to go out, deal with the conditions and put yourself in position to be in the mix.

I love this venue because it favors no one. You need to do everything well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Me win at -18? Haha. I’ll take the winnings for sure!
  • Like 1