GolfSpy STUDque

Getting a little faster at this each time. Here's your link for the #SpyStaffSlam picks:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw

Good luck everyone!

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Scott Piercy...

I can get behind a Phil win this week, complete the career slam at a course he knows quite well. That being said, I picked DJ for obvious reasons.

Although in my head there was this little voice, "Jon Rahm, he'll play well this week. No one will expect him." But he's a jerk, so I didn't pick him. And now he's -3 through 3 holes. So there's that....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, revkev said:

Shankster

Sorry I’m usually tame with this stuff - lost my head for a moment.

Love the Feinstein piece! It is once a year - guys like Tiger must lick their chops when the complaining starts. Someone will win, it’s best to go out, deal with the conditions and put yourself in position to be in the mix.

I love this venue because it favors no one. You need to do everything well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Which is what the US Open is supposed to be about. Doing everything well.

I would love it if the players would stop complaining, but that will never happen. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, newballcoach said:

I can get behind a Phil win this week, complete the career slam at a course he knows quite well. That being said, I picked DJ for obvious reasons.

Although in my head there was this little voice, "Jon Rahm, he'll play well this week. No one will expect him." But he's a jerk, so I didn't pick him. And now he's -3 through 3 holes. So there's that....

I also had Rahm from the get-go, then changed to Rory then Rickie...........😮

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Shankster said:

Scott Piercy...

I was trying to decide between him and Aaron Wise for 5th Tier guy....looks like I made the unWise choice...for now anyways.

Looks like that Wise pick might have been a good one after all...still a lot of golf left to be played though.

Edited by M. Parsons
  • Like 1

DJ having his typical first day of any tournament. I wonder how many majors he could win if he would stop treating the first round of every one like its a practice round... 

Nice to see Rickie in the Mix. First in Fairways hit and first in Greens hit, 2nd in driving distance...Good for him. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bardle said:

DJ having his typical first day of any tournament. I wonder how many majors he could win if he would stop treating the first round of every one like its a practice round... 

Nice to see Rickie in the Mix. First in Fairways hit and first in Greens hit, 2nd in driving distance...Good for him. 

No kidding, the man looked half asleep out there

The best part is live coverage until 10:30 tonight on Fox and no Real Housewives of wherever is on.

• Like 1

The Tiger gallery looks like the start of a marathon

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

The best part is live coverage until 10:30 tonight on Fox and no Real Housewives of wherever is on.

we 'have to' stay up till about 3.30am to watch it live.............think I'll work from home tomorrow😂

• Like 1

Victor Hoveland making sure the field knows his name.  I've not watched him much, but he looks like a Koepka clone.

• Like 2

Victor Hoveland making sure the field knows his name.  I've not watched him much, but he looks like a Koepka clone.

This kid is for real

• Like 1

Pebble Beach is getting carved up like a thanksgiving turkey right now.  I think the USGA was gunshy of recent criticism.  Here's hoping for some inclement weather... but not looking likely.

Yea, I’m diggin Viktor. He seems a bit goofy, with some monster game

• Like 2

#18 needs to be named "Snead's Beach".  Did you see that wry smile after his second birdie from the beach 👏.

Jordan barking at Growler.  "Two perfect shots Michael, two perfect shots".  "One gets me in the water and the next over the green".  But honestly, doesn't at least 51% of the club selection rest with the player?  He had to know the club selection off the tee fell into the danger zone.  Nearly everyone else in the field has stayed well back of the cliff.  I keep expecting a change on his bag if this level of inconsistency continues.  They don't seem as simpatico as the early days.

• Like 1

Interesting subplot, the music of Lizzo being used in the open for the primetime coverage and as outro in the last break. Talk about unconventional

Well Tiger just played the 14 hole just like I would have until he made the long putt for par! I would have been so hot I would have at least 3-putt that possibly 4-putted.

• Like 2