GolfSpy STUDque

Getting a little faster at this each time. Here's your link for the #SpyStaffSlam picks:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw

Good luck everyone!

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Koepka looks pretty disappointed at a 69 and I agree with him. He was hitting it solid the first few holes. Woods suffered though. I bet he comes back with a 66 or better tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Jordan barking at Growler.  "Two perfect shots Michael, two perfect shots".  "One gets me in the water and the next over the green".  But honestly, doesn't at least 51% of the club selection rest with the player?  He had to know the club selection off the tee fell into the danger zone.  Nearly everyone else in the field has stayed well back of the cliff.  I keep expecting a change on his bag if this level of inconsistency continues.  They don't seem as simpatico as the early days.

I guess I haven't really picked up on it too much before, but is Jordan always this whiny? I'm not trying to say I wouldn't be stressed with millions on the line, and just prone to frustration on the golf course in general... but I agree. Caddies are super important but ultimately they don't swing the club.

I wonder if caddies ever give the players grief after they decide on a perfect club and shape and the player puts it in the grand stands.

• Like 4

Rosie 22 putts with 14 one putts...WOW!  

I knew I didn’t fire him for a reason.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I knew I didn’t fire him for a reason.

Yeah, I wish you had. 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ncwoz said:

I guess I haven't really picked up on it too much before, but is Jordan always this whiny? I'm not trying to say I wouldn't be stressed with millions on the line, and just prone to frustration on the golf course in general... but I agree. Caddies are super important but ultimately they don't swing the club.

I wonder if caddies ever give the players grief after they decide on a perfect club and shape and the player puts it in the grand stands.

I think Speith had better be careful if he wants to fire Greller TBH. I bet he would get picked up by somebody else in a second. 

When Jordan is playing well, his banter is fine, but if he's playing rough he's pretty bitchy and whinny. A lot of being his caddy is managing his attitude. I bet Jordan has a tougher time replacing Greller then vice versa.

• Like 3

I think Speith had better be careful if he wants to fire Greller TBH. I bet he would get picked up by somebody else in a second. 
When Jordan is playing well, his banter is fine, but if he's playing rough he's pretty bitchy and whinny. A lot of being his caddy is managing his attitude. I bet Jordan has a tougher time replacing Greller then vice versa.

That was an embarrassing moment for Speith. He came across as whiny.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Davis.gif.4946d39e1e50d87141162824396fc09c.gif

A live look at Mike Davis to John Bodenhamer.....probably! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

If you are into strokes gained here is a great graphic on the field today. 

https://datagolf.ca/live-strokes-gained

This site has such great statistics, it's a treasure trove of info. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Indeed.  It's clear he's growing really frustrated with his game.  Listening to him during interviews suggests he's happy with progress and the climb out of this now long winded slump, but I think on the course the internalizing is starting to come out.

26 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

No doubt Greller would get hired quickly.  As we have seen with other tour dynamic duo break-ups, it not always based on data. Sometimes a change on the bag, just like a change in swing coach, can make a difference. 

• Like 1

Sadly the link on strokes gained didn’t work for me. I will try it on my laptop later.

That was some spectacular golf. I prefer having the course play tougher but it was amazing to watch yesterday’s play.

Wow

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

According to my wife, I have been known to be whiny after certain shots.  🙄

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, GolfSpy Dave said:

Almost there. IMG_5752.JPG

Are you following a group or going to camp out on a hole?

43 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

According to my wife, I have been known to be whiny after certain shots.  🙄

My son is going to carry for me in a tournament next month.....I think we will put the Speith comments to shame. He is 13 and disagrees with me just to disagree with me.  I told my wife I can deal with him and it should be at least better than the last time she carried for me in a tournament.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Odds that Mike Davis fired his protege last night?  The boys up in Far Hills must be stewing today after the scores yesterday.

• Like 1

Odds that Mike Davis fired his protege last night?  The boys up in Far Hills must be stewing today after the scores yesterday.

Nothing the USGA could do. No wind and extremely wet first half of the year makes the course fairly indefensible. Usually they can get the moisture out of the greens, but much the same as here in the Midwest, without sun and heat, it ain't happening. Doesn't look like the winds or weather will change much through the weekend either. Winner will be in the -15 range. Which will help the players stop whining and threatening to boycott future opens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing the USGA could do. No wind and extremely wet first half of the year makes the course fairly indefensible. Usually they can get the moisture out of the greens, but much the same as here in the Midwest, without sun and heat, it ain't happening. Doesn't look like the winds or weather will change much through the weekend either. Winner will be in the -15 range. Which will help the players stop whining and threatening to boycott future opens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is plenty they can do and thank goodness they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk