J.B. TexasEx

KBS Tour Shafts - Tour V or Tour 90?

Has anyone tested these two shafts from KBS?

Obviously, the Tour 90 is lighter. What can I expect in terms of performance? Is one better than another based on swing speed or tempo?

Tried the Tour V for the first time this year in a set of Lynx prowler VT's -- I like it a lot. It's fairly light (compared to C-Tapers or DG's) with a stiff tip for lower launch and reasonably low spin (not as low as the  C Taper, but not bad). 

I'm a fan...

Had Tour 90's in the stock set of Wilson D7 irons i demoed. Light, but launched REALLY high, as in Saturn 5 high - too high for me, but they did make the D7's very long. If you need help getting the ball up and generating spin, it's a great shaft. If you want a little less spin and want to keep the ball down, the Tour V is a better choice. They're very different shafts. 

• Like 2

the tour V is a comparable to the tour series of shafts where the tour 90 is more for the fluid swinger looking for a higher ball flight.

16 hours ago, McGolf said:

the tour V is a comparable to the tour series of shafts where the tour 90 is more for the fluid swinger looking for a higher ball flight.

My stock "good" shot with irons is a medium-high draw. Sounds like the Tour V is more versatile and potentially better in the wind.

• Like 1